Hackenberg is in the HOUSE!!!

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

It'll take him a minute. 

He was really high on Lynch. I can feel his pain. Everyone knew I wanted Glennon, but if we got a QB I wanted them to draft Kevin Hogan. 

I've calmed down now....im going to trust Macc on this. 

I have been touting Hackenberg for the last few weeks, If there was one player I felt the Jets were high on it was him.   I know the last two years were not up to his talent but there are a lot of extenuating circumstances and I prefer to look at what he did as a freshman when he literally ran a pro style offense and looked like the number 1 pick in the draft.   His go to receiver at that time was Allen Robinson and they did some serious damage together.  He needs Gailey to help him get back to that player and I think he will be able to do so.  I had made a post that in 5 years he could be the best qb in this draft class and think that is possible. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Would have preferred a QB that passed for 42 TDS and 6 INTs in his senior year? You know, like Geno?

Ah, great point.  So, because we took a QB who had a good senior year and it didn't pan out, we should avoid QB's who did well in college, and aim for ones that sucked?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I watched his pro day and the combine. He couldn't complete passes in shorts and a teeshirt. He's not good. At all. 

1. He had a great pro day in the eyes of most scouts so you might wanna re-watch that.

2. You know who else struggled a bit throwing in shorts and a t-shirt? Teddy Bridgewater. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

You're delusional. Go on believing that the Mets own anything whatsoever. It doesn't reflect a single fact. It's as if you believe 1 good season overshadows decades of dominance. Yet nothing was won. If the Jets are ever able to build sustainable excellence and multiple dynasties like the Yankees, you will walk proud and talk loud. It isn't arrogance just because you don't like reality. The statement that the Yankees are the greatest team in the history of American sports is simply a factual statement. Pray that the Jets can sniff that even a little.

i'm delusional? please, my sides. you can quote rings and dynasty's all you want but the Yankees are terrible. The rows and rows of empty seats prove that, your grandchildren will all be Mets fans xxx

Just now, MetsJets1962 said:

i'm delusional? please, my sides. you can quote rings and dynasty's all you want but the Yankees are terrible. The rows and rows of empty seats prove that, your grandchildren will all be Mets fans xxx

The Mets franchise will have moved to London by then

33 minutes ago, gEYno said:

My complete hatred of the pick is literally the only thing that makes me feel optimistic about him.

+1

It's like that Seinfeld episode where George does the opposite of his instincts and he's never more successful.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

You're delusional. Go on believing that the Mets own anything whatsoever. It doesn't reflect a single fact. It's as if you believe 1 good season overshadows decades of dominance. Yet nothing was won. If the Jets are ever able to build sustainable excellence and multiple dynasties like the Yankees, you will walk proud and talk loud. It isn't arrogance just because you don't like reality. The statement that the Yankees are the greatest team in the history of American sports is simply a factual statement. Pray that the Jets can sniff that even a little.

Don't be such a small fry, Potato. You're acting like quite the agi-tater.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Ah, great point.  So, because we took a QB who had a good senior year and it didn't pan out, we should avoid QB's who did well in college, and aim for ones that sucked?

Yes.

It's what Costanza would do.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I understand your frustration but you do realize that the last two years Penn State has been going through quite bit of turmoil.  The talent level wasn't the same after the sanctions and is offensive line was truly offensive. I mean he got sacked like 10 times by Temple for chrissakes!  I don't care who you are, no quarterback can perform at a consistently high level when he is constantly hurrying his throws.   Last season he throw  for around 2500 with 19 and only had 6 ints.  Not a great season but he hardly "sucked" as you put it.  Try to look at the bigger picture;  The Jets just drafted a guy with franchise quarterback ability who is only 21 and will be in  a system (pro style offense, not a some spread crap) he is more comfortable in again.  He will also have a excellent OC who has a knack for helping mediocre quarterbacks look decent.  Just imagine what he could do with someone with real talent?  

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I really love what Indy is doing this draft. They're trying to protect Luck. 

Exactly what I said they should do last year when I did the JN mock. Protect Luck and plug the middle of that defense, since they kept losing in playoffs to Legarrette Blount.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

I understand your frustration but you do realize that the last two years Penn State has been going through quite bit of turmoil.  The talent level wasn't the same after the sanctions and is offensive line was truly offensive. I mean he got sacked like 10 times by Temple for chrissakes!  I don't care who you are, no quarterback can perform at a consistently high level when he is constantly hurrying his throws.   Last season he thru  for around 2500 with 19 and only had 6 ints.  Not a great season but he hardly "sucked" as you put it.  Try to look at the bigger picture;  The Jets just drafted a guy with franchise quarterback ability who is only 21 and will be in  a system he is more comfortable in with again.  He will also have a excellent OC who has a knack for helping mediocre quarterbacks look decent.  Just imagine what he could do with someone with real talent?  

so as long as Hackenberg doesn't have to face a pass rush or any adversity, he can beat Rutgers. I'm all in.

• Upvote 2

My ultra-valuable insight on this pick:  as it was noted that the pick was in, all I could say is "It better not be the friggin' noodle announcing this pick......... ****!"  Clearly, that means we're doomed.  Of course, having such feelings may actually be a good thing.  But perhaps thinking that makes it bad.

Damn it.

13 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I understand your frustration but you do realize that the last two years Penn State has been going through quite bit of turmoil.  The talent level wasn't the same after the sanctions and is offensive line was truly offensive. I mean he got sacked like 10 times by Temple for chrissakes!  I don't care who you are, no quarterback can perform at a consistently high level when he is constantly hurrying his throws.   Last season he throw  for around 2500 with 19 and only had 6 ints.  Not a great season but he hardly "sucked" as you put it.  Try to look at the bigger picture;  The Jets just drafted a guy with franchise quarterback ability who is only 21 and will be in  a system (pro style offense, not a some spread crap) he is more comfortable in again.  He will also have a excellent OC who has a knack for helping mediocre quarterbacks look decent.  Just imagine what he could do with someone with real talent?  

Read the PFF article.  He didn't shine when there wasn't pressure.  His accuracy was garbage all along.  He has some tools and looks the part, but has underperformed that for a long time now.

31 minutes ago, gEYno said:

U Paxton Lynch lovers should just become Broncos fans.  But enjoy watching Sanchez the next two years 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Did either of those guys complete less than 60% of their passes and get worse year after year in college? 

Did either of those guys have an O-Line that would make the '07 Jets line look like superstars?  How about skill position players that made the 2012 Jets look like the greatest show on turf? That's what Hackenberg has been dealing with the last two seasons. Oh and on top of all that, a system change by a coach who is absolutely atrocious. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, drdetroit said:

Why are you being so negative on this pick?  Hackenburg us a low risk pick in Rd 2

Because outside of a strong arm and good size, he doesn't have anything going for him?  And his "good year" was a long time ago and quite possibly only because of Allen Robinson.

I watched his pro day and the combine. He couldn't complete passes in shorts and a teeshirt. He's not good. At all. 

I respect you as a poster but I can't get any competent observer who feels the way do about his pro day.....

And here are some other articles:

http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2016/3/18/11260484/christian-hackenberg-pro-day-workout-penn-state-zettel-nassib-lucas

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000645302/article/nfl-evaluator-hackenberg-helped-himself-at-penn-state-pro-day

Just saying maybe you should look at his performance again...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Did either of those guys have an O-Line that would make the '07 Jets line look like superstars?  How about skill position players that made the 2012 Jets look like the greatest show on turf? That's what Hackenberg has been dealing with the last two seasons. Oh and on top of all that, a system change by a coach who is absolutely atrocious. 

You just described Geno Smith. So the Jets got another Geno Smith? A guy who can't perform without a solid line and weapons? Cool. That's awesome. Should go well with the patchwork offensive line they have now. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You just described Geno Smith. So the Jets got another Geno Smith? A guy who can't perform without a solid line and weapons? Cool. That's awesome. Should go well with the patchwork offensive line they have now. 

I'm actually more worried than has generally been expressed lately about our O line. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Folks just look at stats and never consider the big picture.  When this guy had a coach beleived in (who also recruited him) and system he was comfortable with (pro style offense not some stupid gimmicky spread deal) and a playmaker or two (Allan Robinson) he was a projected number 1 pick in the draft had he came out his sophomore year. At the very least top five and probably the first qb taken.   He has arguably the best arm of any qb in this draft and is certainly one of if not the, smartest.  He ran that offense like Peyton Manning.  Making all the reads, the check downs, the audibles etc. AT 18 YEARS OLD.  THIS is what Mac saw and why he drafted him instead of Lynch, who's next snap under center will be his first. 

Bravo.  Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Upvote 1