Grade the Pick: QB Christian Hackenberg

Grade the Pick  

145 members have voted

1. 1. I give the selection of QB Christian Hackenberg a grade of.....

• A+
    • A
    • B+
    • B
    • C+
    • C
    • D+
    • D
    • F
    • F-

First impression is an F.

Mostly disappointing, downward trending QB who lost his sh*t after his QB Coach left, failed mostly after that, and is a project at best, a complete non-entity at worst.

With Cook on the Board, and Hack likely available at the same spot in the next round, it's hard to see the logic of this pick.

But clearly Macc was obsessed with Hack to make this selection now, and must believe Hack is our Franchise QB.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

First impression is an F.

Mostly disappointing, downward trending QB who lost his sh*t after his QB Coach left, failed mostly after that, and is a project at best, a complete non-entity at worst.

With Cook on the Board, and Hack likely available at the same spot in the next round, it's hard to see the logic of this pick.

But clearly Macc was obsessed with Hack to make this selection now, and must believe Hack is our Franchise QB.  

Clearly obsessed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

25 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Jets have assembled a regular Brees/Rivers situation over here now.

And we all know your being funny but who knows what becomes of these 2 guys? Favre was a complete question mark? Petty could turn out kickazz! These league is SO different. Tyrod Taylor had success last year? TYROD TAYLOR! You take talent + drive (key ingredient), and in a league where everything is designed to make QBs successful just a little success & confidence can put you over the top. Jets have 3 young guys now competing in Geno, Petty, Hack. I like it.

• Upvote 1

I don't mind Hack. Im not a fan of the 2nd round selection with Alexander on the board. Cook is still there through the first 10 in the 3rd Hack would be right there with him. But if Mac believes in Hack then let's get on this roller coaster 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetster said:

And we all know your being funny but who knows what becomes of these 2 guys? Favre was a complete question mark? Petty could turn out kickazz! These league is SO different. Tyrod Taylor had success last year? TYROD TAYLOR! You take talent + drive (key ingredient), and in a league where everything is designed to make QBs successful just a little success & confidence can put you over the top. Jets have 3 young guys now competing in Geno, Petty, Hack. I like it.

Joshin' around is what I would prefer it be called. For me it comes down to this guy believing in himself and being true to the side of good.

40 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Never reach. Especially for a QB. Mac has hitched his wagon to this guy. It'll be his undoing. 

Once again, 2nd round pick never get GMs fired.  Maccs future isn't hitched to Hackenberg.  

• Upvote 1

The upside on this kid made it a "gotta take a shot" pick. 

To have a potential franchise QB (when you have no semblance of one as you are picking) from a 2ND rounder is a lot less of a gamble when you consider the 1,2, & 3's we have absolutely pissed away since 2010

• Upvote 2

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If Geno Smith turned out well, Idzik might still have a job, no?

That's a different story and an answer, I don't know.  Idzik was an incompetent on every level.  Point is a couple of people are trying to sell if Hackenberg fails Macc is out.  That's nonsense, no one gets fired off a second.

• Upvote 1

As lf right now i give it a C, but it has B-B+ potential. I had him as 3rd round value. Chan Gailey is supposedly the QB whisperer so im hoping he can unlock all that upside talent and maximize it. I think they should cut geno smith, sign fitz to a 1 yr deal and groom hackenberg... see how that works out. People need to take into account the HORRIFIC offensive line and terrible protection he received combined with VERY AVERAGE receiving talent. He's got good size, he's tough (i dunno if you seen how many hard hits he took last couple season, and never missed a game), and he has a good arm. I'm curious to see what he can do with consistent good protection and very good receiving talent around him.