Grade the Pick: QB Christian Hackenberg

Grade the Pick  

145 members have voted

1. 1. I give the selection of QB Christian Hackenberg a grade of.....

• A+
    • A
    • B+
    • B
    • C+
    • C
    • D+
    • D
    • F
    • F-

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That's a different story and an answer, I don't know.  Idzik was an incompetent on every level.  Point is a couple of people are trying to sell if Hackenberg fails Macc is out.  That's nonsense, no one gets fired off a second.

Right. So if they stink next year, Hack gets the job and then he sucks for 2 more, Mac keeps his job? Not a chance. 

12 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Right. So if they stink next year, Hack gets the job and then he sucks for 2 more, Mac keeps his job? Not a chance. 

Yes, he does.

you can keep telling yourself he'll get fired because if a 2nd round QB doesn't succeed in year 3 he's getting fired all you want.  

Its not happening.  Only a moron would fire a successful GM, an executive of the year over a 2nd round pick just because you don't like him.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes, he does.

you can keep telling yourself he'll get fired because if a 2nd round QB doesn't succeed in year 3 he's getting fired all you want.  

Its not happening.  Only a moron would fire a successful GM, an executive of the year over a 2nd round pick just because you don't like him.  

So the GM will keep his job in 2019 because he did well in 2015, even coming off three hypothetical losing seasons? You don't know the NFL. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

So the GM will keep his job in 2019 because he did well in 2015, even coming off three hypothetical losing seasons? You don't know the NFL. 

You're right, keep telling yourself that the only GMs who keep their jobs are the ones who hit on every pick every year.  They never miss. And if the miss one, they're out.

Yes, reading your mindless posts makes me wish I knew the NFL like you.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You're right, keep telling yourself that the only GMs who keep their jobs are the ones who hit on every pick every year.  They never miss. And if the miss one, they're out.

Yes, reading your mindless posts makes me wish I knew the NFL like you.

Picking and starting Hackenberg could lead to his demise. How is that so hard of a concept to grasp?

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

First impression is an F.

Mostly disappointing, downward trending QB who lost his sh*t after his QB Coach left, failed mostly after that, and is a project at best, a complete non-entity at worst.

With Cook on the Board, and Hack likely available at the same spot in the next round, it's hard to see the logic of this pick.

But clearly Macc was obsessed with Hack to make this selection now, and must believe Hack is our Franchise QB.  

Because, at best, Cook is a backup NFL QB.  At his best, Hackenberg is a franchise QB.  If you're going to go for a QB, draft the one who has the big upside.

Cook is a Jimmy Clausen/Ryan Leaf level douche who will never amount to anything.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Picking and starting Hackenberg could lead to his demise. How is that so hard of a concept to grasp?

Because it's not true. Here's a hint.  No matter how many times you say it, I'm going to tell you no one gets fired over a 2nd round pick.  No one.  Ever.  

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because it's not true. Here's a hint.  No matter how many times you say it, I'm going to tell you no one gets fired over a 2nd round pick.  No one.  Ever.  

GMs get fired for poor records and results. If and when Hack sucks the bone and this team hasn't made the playoffs for 8 years, the GM probably gets fired. You don't see how that works? Are you that out of touch with reality? It happens literally all the time. Especially with QBs. QBs get GMs and coaches fired all the time. Sanchez got Rex and Tanny fired. Geno got Idzik fired. Hack could get Mac fired. It likely will. 

I wanted Carson Wentz once I finally got around to watching his game tape. I knew that wasn't going to happen After that, I wanted Christian Hackenberg  . We came out of this draft with 3 football players. thus far . 

Jet Needs going into the draft  were QB, OLB, ILB and OT .

We added speed and youth at ILB

We added power and grit at OLB

We added IMO, a championship level player at QB

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

GMs get fired for poor records and results. If and when Hack sucks the bone and this team hasn't made the playoffs for 8 years, the GM probably gets fired. You don't see how that works? Are you that out of touch with reality? It happens literally all the time. Especially with QBs. QBs get GMs and coaches fired all the time. Sanchez got Rex and Tanny fired. Geno got Idzik fired. Hack could get Mac fired. It likely will. 

You still,aren't getting that one pick isn't a poor drafting record.  

You want to add that they haven't made the playoffs in 8 years, go ahead.  But he's only in year 2, he doesn't catch shlt for Tanny & Idziks failures.  

Reality check.  Name the GM who took a 4 win team to 10 wins and then was fired over. 2nd round QB

go for it

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You still,aren't getting that one pick isn't a poor drafting record.  

You want to add that they haven't made the playoffs in 8 years, go ahead.  But he's only in year 2, he doesn't catch shlt for Tanny & Idziks failures.  

Reality check.  Name the GM who took a 4 win team to 10 wins and then was fired over. 2nd round QB

go for it

We're talking about 3 years from now. Of course he isn't getting fired tomorrow. If the Jets have 3 straight losing seasons (2016-2018) and don't make the playoffs because the QB position (you know the most important one) is a black hole of suck, that could get him fired. I'm not sure how else I can explain it to you. It's pretty simple in concept.  

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

We're talking about 3 years from now. Of course he isn't getting fired tomorrow. If the Jets have 3 straight losing seasons (2016-2018) and don't make the playoffs because the QB position (you know the most important one) is a black hole of suck, that could get him fired. I'm not sure how else I can explain it to you. It's pretty simple in concept.  

One last post.  

If the Jets have 3 straight losing seasons and he gets fired its because of the QB, it's because they missed the playoffs 3 straight years.  

You need to stick to one line of thought.  Not keep doing the circle jerk debate going off the original nonsensical statement?

done

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

F-----------

I've had some time to think this over, and I think I was being unfair. I'd like to change my grade to an F followed by a million minuses. A billion minuses. A googol of universes, each composed of a googol of galaxies, in which every atom is a minus.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

One last post.  

If the Jets have 3 straight losing seasons and he gets fired its because of the QB, it's because they missed the playoffs 3 straight years.  

You need to stick to one line of thought.  Not keep doing the circle jerk debate going off the original nonsensical statement?

done

You have a real problem with understanding basic football concepts and correlation. If the team sucks and that's because of the QB the GM picked, then that's one of the biggest reasons he'll get fired. Sure, there will be other reasons, but if Hackenberg is the main cause of terrible records and missed playoffs (because, again, he plays the most important position in football) that's on Mac. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

You have a real problem with understanding basic football concepts and correlation. If the team sucks and that's because of the QB the GM picked, then that's one of the biggest reasons he'll get fired. Sure, there will be other reasons, but if Hackenberg is the main cause of terrible records and missed playoffs (because, again, he plays the most important position in football) that's on Mac. 

OMG. 

Go away

Hackenberg is a kid who may have the talent to be an NFL QB, but who has never demonstrated the ability to put it all together to be an effective QB in college. What team invests a second round pick in someone like that? Oh yeah, the Jets.

Is there something in the water over there in Florham Park, NJ, because the honeymoon is now officially over and I now view the Maccagnan/Bowles regime with deep, deep suspicion. They seem to be making the same mistakes as Tannenbaum before them, and Bradway, and Idzik. WTF? 

This is worse than the Geno Smith pick, which also caused me to fall off the sofa when Wayne Chrebet announced his selection three years ago. Pretty soon we're going to run out of Jets alums to announce flawed QB rejects that are picked by the Jets in round 2.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

First impression is an F.

Mostly disappointing, downward trending QB who lost his sh*t after his QB Coach left, failed mostly after that, and is a project at best, a complete non-entity at worst.

With Cook on the Board, and Hack likely available at the same spot in the next round, it's hard to see the logic of this pick.

But clearly Macc was obsessed with Hack to make this selection now, and must believe Hack is our Franchise QB.  

His QB didn't leave, his HC left....the guy that had him running a Pats-lite offense as an 18 y.o. Freshman.

Then when O'Brien left, they brought in Franklin from Vanderbilt and his gimmicky nonsense O that worked at Vanderbilt with a new team decimated by NCAA sanctions.  His OL was horrific after O'Brien left.

I don't know if he's the real deal, no one does.  But if the Jets management thinks he can be, I'm OK with it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

GM draft QB

QB play bad. 

GM lose job. 

GM sad. 

Jets fans cry. 

You are pretty simple.  And still no one los s his job for a single pick failing, especially one that isn't a first.  But you'll come back once more saying he will 

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You are pretty simple.  And still no one los s his job for a single pick failing, especially one that isn't a first.  But you'll come back once more saying he will 

Agree with you. For those comparing Mac and Idzik he was not fired for Geno but for the team he built during his tenure

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

The more I think about this pick, the angrier I get. There were so many other better options. Gamble on Lynch instead. Trade down. Beef up our paper thin offensive line and draft Graybeard or whatever his name is. Or even trade the f**king pick to Tampa Bay for Mike Glennon.

Exactly, why pass on Lynch if this was the plan, Hack would have been there in the 4th, maybe 7th, this makes no sense all all, Forte did not sign up for this crap,  Marshall goes off his meds in 5, 4, 3... 

same feeling when we drafted Milner, kid had no chance to replace Revis, just a bad pick

I blame Fitz but agree with Carl, this could be the end for Mac, we can only hope Hack proves us doubters wrong, he is a Jet now and I can only hope for the best