ProFootballFocus slaughters Christian Hackenberg: rates him as UNDRAFTABLE

predator_05

The PFF nerds aren't too enamored with our 2nd round pick. Interesting arguments, and it paints a bit of a grim outlook.

Much of the positive buzz around Hackenberg as a prospect has to do with the fact that he looks the part of an NFL QB. But while Hackenberg can make every throw you can think of, and does have some beautiful passes in his tape, the frequency with which he is able to produce them is concerning.

In 2015, Hackenberg produced a pass graded at plus-1 or higher (a stat we have taken to calling “Big-Time Throws,” much to my distress) on 2.68 percent of his attempts. 151 QBs were better than that, and only nine were worse.

While there is good to his game in small flashes, you have to overlook so much bad to see it that it simply isn’t enough. Tim Tebow made some nice throws, too, but it didn’t make him a starting NFL quarterback.

Even the best of Hackenberg is an average, inaccurate passer with a few worrying qualities. In my opinion, his NFL ceiling is as a backup a team hopes it never has to play.

Jesus christ. Read more here, its a great read...albeit quite damning

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/04/08/draft-why-pff-doesnt-have-a-draftable-grade-on-christian-hackenberg/

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

I question the fact that this guy wanted to go to Penn State after it was exposed as one big Pedophile outfit.  WTF?

He was already committed when the story broke.  He's form Penn.. He stuck it out.

WTF is bad about that?

Well, his support cast was D2 level. So he was working with nothing, outside of Allen Robinson. Still such a massive leap of faith to ignore his substandard college production and take him this high.

I'm trying to feel good about this pick, guys, need some crumbs of comfort...we're getting panned for this.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He was already committed when the story broke.  He's form Penn.. He stuck it out.

WTF is bad about that?

The story of those players sticking on the team and the way O'Brien treated them is actually one of the cooler stories in college football from the past few years. It's crazy that something admirable came out of that sh*t.

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I think it's a positive. The guy is loyal. A lot of their players stayed on. 

Supporting the molesting of children is a positive?  I understand he was a young man at the time but it shows lack of judgment and horrible ethics.

57 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Supporting the molesting of children is a positive?  I understand he was a young man at the time but it shows lack of judgment and horrible ethics.

This is a dumb assertion. No one was supporting molesting kids. They had thousands of students who didn't leave the school. And faculty etc. What did you want them to do close down the school. Give the kid a break.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Doubters, not haters.

He has alot to show us to convince us otherwise.

dude, this is going to be the topic everyday for the next 4 years, and the camps will soon be set up with the cute names and everything

200_s_zpsuudzww3q.gif

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

dude, this is going to be the topic everyday for the next 4 years, and the camps will soon be set up with the cute names and everything

200_s_zpsuudzww3q.gif

Pro folks seem to like "HackAttack" already.  Doubters have the easy and built in "The Hack".

Archived