ProFootballFocus slaughters Christian Hackenberg: rates him as UNDRAFTABLE

predator_05

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you have to believe (or at least hope is the case) That Mac liked Hack better than Lynch...because if he didn't there is no way you pass on Lynch for Lee....Would be a fireable offense if he like Lynch better...

If that's the case. after all of his research..I'll trust Mac over PFF...

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

you have to believe (or at least hope is the case) That Mac liked Hack better than Lynch...because if he didn't there is no way you pass on Lynch for Lee....Would be a fireable offense if he like Lynch better...

If that's the case. after all of his research..I'll trust Mac over PFF...

I'm guessing Lee was a Bowles pick.

Waiting for the press conference discussing Hackenberg, some pretty predictable questions coming their way...

8 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Neither was I. Hackenberg was a 5 Star recruit, a consensus top prospect coming out of HS. He was pursued by Alabama, Tennessee, and a bunch of Big Programs, and chose PSU when they were still a major program. He played at an almost elite level as an 18 year old true freshman, and was touted as a near lock #1 overall pick running a Pro Style Offense.

He was the victim of NCAA sanctions and sh*t line play. And bad, bad coaching. He was stuffed into a shotgun/pistol Offense he didn't fit, and his footwork went to crap and was never corrected. He was reading Defenses and making line calls at 18, whereas guys.like Geno and Lynch were looking at posters on the sideline and being told what read to make in their last year at school. 

Dude has size, athleticism, and an arm on par with elite level QBs. 

Physical Talent wise, he's the best QB prospect the Jets have drafted in decades. Let's just hope Gailey can "fix" his flaws....

Geno Smith was also a projected #1 overall pick at one point. 

Just now, predator_05 said:

Yeah but we knew Geno was playing in a gimmicky spread offense...his numbers weren't a true reflection of his actual abilities.

which is fine, but nowhere in the Hackenberg resume, particularly as it regards his statistics, is he a better prospect now than Geno was then.

Who was recruited by WVU and maybe the Colorado School of Mines, and was ranked over guys like the affable but incompetent EJ Manuel (who went before him), and Mike Glennon. 

But then he imploded all his lonesome and acted like a spoiled baby man. 

OK.

39 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Neither was I. Hackenberg was a 5 Star recruit, a consensus top prospect coming out of HS. He was pursued by Alabama, Tennessee, and a bunch of Big Programs, and chose PSU when they were still a major program. He played at an almost elite level as an 18 year old true freshman, and was touted as a near lock #1 overall pick running a Pro Style Offense.

He was the victim of NCAA sanctions and sh*t line play. And bad, bad coaching. He was stuffed into a shotgun/pistol Offense he didn't fit, and his footwork went to crap and was never corrected. He was reading Defenses and making line calls at 18, whereas guys.like Geno and Lynch were looking at posters on the sideline and being told what read to make in their last year at school. 

Dude has size, athleticism, and an arm on par with elite level QBs. 

Physical Talent wise, he's the best QB prospect the Jets have drafted in decades. Let's just hope Gailey can "fix" his flaws....

Pretty much with what I watched all along with PSU. Could read defenses and make adjustments at the line. Something Geno could/can never do! Hack has the potentials to be a really good QB

22 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Who was recruited by WVU and maybe the Colorado School of Mines, and was ranked over guys like the affable but incompetent EJ Manuel (who went before him), and Mike Glennon. 

But then he imploded all his lonesome and acted like a spoiled baby man. 

OK.

Let's discuss this "implosion" thing in a conversation about Christian Hackenberg some more.

1 hour ago, Colgateman said:

The geno hate is just plain stupid now.

geno was a much better prospect that sackenberg.

if you see an nfl quarterback in him, u are just blind with your hate geno glasses

Based on what....stats?  Or is there some situational awareness that may contribute to that claim?

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let's discuss this "implosion" thing in a conversation about Christian Hackenberg some more.

OK. Geno Imploded in his last stretch of games and sh*t the bed absolutely in a bowl game to finish his career. He then plummeted down draft boards because of his inability to read defenses or make line/protection checks and also because of "character concerns" that arose in the post season. Pre draft process. He then slid out if the first and again imploded into being a total tool who wanted to go home and chill with his boyz, but his momma grabbed him by the ear, bought him a new sweater, and made him stay in New York....  Then he decided to Instagram some cock picks to the world and be a douche to a flight crew and get tossed from a commercial airline flight.

He later imploded by not understanding how time zones work (well he is only 24, how could we possibly expect somebody that young to be responsible....oh, wait. Craap) and being late to a pregame meeting.

And then of course, the ultimate "implosion", the IK heard around the world. And the reaction by his teammates and coaches? Lol. OH well, Genos a Moron....

Is there any more I'm missing? That last Raider game he got to play in was a duzy....running backwards, fleeing the rush, and running outta bounds for a huge loss. Classic Geno highlight right there.....

I know for a fact that the guy who wrote that article spent years hyping Tavaris Jackson and Troy Williamson as future stars, even about 3/4 seasons into their NFL careers. 

Totally f*cking delsuional and a hyperbole merchant. No surprise to see such statements.

Mmmm I wonder if we are tanking for 2017, really the hate alone for drafting Hackensack or is that Hack n Sack? - The NY media will love this, SOJ agenda will continue.

I did think Macc knew what he was doing, he's managed to not resign Fitz, paint himself on a corner with Mo, Draft a big Saftey in round one, and blow a second on a QB that by all accounts would have been around in round 4.

A QB who's reviews say he makes Geno Smith look like John Elway!

We must be tanking, I praying Petty can play QB.

48 minutes ago, CaliforniaJet said:

I agree with PFF. I dont know how anyone beleives this guy can play in the NFL. The guy sucks, dude misses receivers on every other throw, and cant handle any pressure. Awful pick, this is two years in a row we throw away our second round pick. 

You new to the team? We haven't picked a useful player in the second round since 2007 and we spent 2 draft picks working to replace that player this year.

I've been harsh on Hackenberg throughout the years, but honestly I'd rather have Hackenberg then Lynch. Hackenberg's mental game is far beyond what Lynch is at, not to mention that his throwing motion isn't straight wonky/slow. He needs work, specifically accuracy/footwork, but I'd rate him as the third best qb in this class behind Goff and Wentz. It'll be exciting to see what Gailey does with him, and I'm looking forward to how he performs in preseason.

But honestly, profootballfocus is a little extreme their giving him an undraftable grade. Hackenberg played on a bad team, it's beaten to death I know, but it did have a large effect on him. Combine that with an offense not suited for him and you can see why he struggled throughout the years. 

5 hours ago, jett said:

Well I think I'll take a 30 year scout mac's word than a bunch of virgins behind computers over at pff

Translation: I have no way of refuting any of the points made in the article, so I'm gonna resort to ad hominem and attack the people making the argument instead

The guy has the tools, probably one of the bigger mysteries in the draft because you can't completely rely on the tape. Penn State's offense was a disaster and it was not his fault at all... protection was HORRIFIC, he got hit A LOT, and when any qb gets hit as much as he did, they break down. He never missed a game either... you gotta respect that. He did great his freshman year with Bill O'Brien then they switched coaches. O-line = terrible, Receiving talent = average at best... honestly just pure sh*t. It was amazing he actually set records at that school with the sh*t team he had. 

3 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Geno had a MUCH BETTER offense around him... and he still managed to screw it up. How is Hackenberg not better?

Just watch video of him the last 2yrs... if that doesn't answer your question, I can't help you.

Just now, jetsons said:

Just watch video of him the last 2yrs... if that doesn't answer your question, I can't help you.

Again the tape has so many inconsistencies - you see flashes - but AGAIN - maybe if i say it in russian or chinese you it will compute or maybe CAPS - TERRIBLE OFFENSIVE LINE/VERY VERY AVERAGE WRs  AT BEST - CALLING THE RECEIVING TALENT AROUND HIM MEDIOCRE IS BEING KIND... NO QB IS DOING AMAZING GETTING HIT THAT MANY TIMES.

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Has anyone made a coherent case for drafting Hackenberg other than that he's tall and white?

Nope. All you gotta do these days is be tall, white, and have a big arm. And teams will be salivating over you.

You don't even have to be good. All you have to do is "look the part".

Archived