Have other GM's black-balled the Jets?

32EBoozer

Just now, The Crusher said:

Who said we put bait out?

I get the impression that Hack was the pick we were making in the 2nd round a month ago.

That said, nobody below us was going to take a QB. We could have traded down and still gotten him, but it's all good. Just be the ******* guy, and I don't give a sh*t.... nothing else matters.

It's pretty bad when two other well respected GMs knew we needed OL so bad that they traded up in front of us for two guys that would have filled a need and started day one in Spriggs and Martin.  

They are so stupid, they didn't even need to move up...we weren't going to take an OL when we could overdraft one of the worst QB prospects in the second round.

Just out of curiosity.... do we know what was offered or what Macc was willing to give? Most writers were saying the Jets wanted a first rounder at least for Wilkerson, and it became painfully obvious we weren't going to get that. And because of Idzik, the a-- clown, we can't afford to gamble with picks. Macc got premium talent with the few picks he had. That's his job.

There is no such thing as value when you think there is a chance your aredrafting a franchise quarterback.

We have pissed away the number one overall pick (Orlando pace), the number two pick (Blair Thomas, the number five overall pick (Mark Sanchez),  The number six overall pick (VG),  The number nine overall pick twice (Brady/milliner).

This was the 51st overall pick. This ain't nothing to piss away for what our GM thinks could be a franchise quarterback.  

I hated  The pic, but now I get it. There is nothing else if we don't have a viable quarterback. None of the quarterbacks available to us were sure things. Our GM at this kid projected as the number three overall quarterback behind the top two picks in the draft and ahead of Lynch and everybody else. So he took him, that's his job. But sit back and wait but I feel A spark of hope in my chest once again first time since drafting Sanchez

The Jets decided to sit on their cards and pray the guys they wanted would be there, and it worked out, Texas trading ahead of us in the

second round was a little scary for Mac, but why would they take a QB with so many good players available, Wilkerson isn't tradable and

will walk next year, we get the 16 mil in cap space thats about it, we should be able to go out and get 2 or 3 really good FA next year.

Archived