Do we start the season with Geno, Hack and Petty at QB?

predator_05

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

There is absolutely no way this franchise is letting Hackenberg study under Geno Smith.

It's all about the money. Geno is the Jets' best cheap option. The Jets need someone with starting experience to hold the fort..

Unless Hack is a true disaster in training camp or Petty is lights out it looks like Hack is no. 3 and Petty is cut and is on PS. That is unless the Jets don't sign a vet like Fitz  or Hoyer. In that case Geno starts and they keep both Hack and Petty. Of course there is always McCown but probably Cleveland will keep him. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Unless Hack is a true disaster in training camp or Petty is lights out it looks like Hack is no. 3 and Petty is cut and is on PS. That is unless the Jets don't sign a vet likeFitz  or Hoyer. In that case Geno starts and they keep both Hack and Petty. 

Petty isn't getting cut. Geno is. That saves some actual money. Geno is done here. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Petty isn't getting cut. Geno is. That saves some actual money. Geno is done here. 

Geno is getting minor money and on the last year of his rookie deal. And he has 29 starts and they weren't all terrible. It makes no sense to cut him now.

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Geno is getting minor money and on the last year of his rookie deal. And he has 29 starts and they weren't all terrible. It makes no sense to cut him now.

They have very little money and need to bring in someone like Fitz or Hoyer to hold the fort for a year. Geno is the odd man out. It makes complete sense. Cutting him saves money. There is no sense to cut Petty and they won't carry 4 QBs. Geno Smith's watch has ended. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

They have very little money and need to bring in someone like Fitz or Hoyer to hold the fort for a year. Geno is the odd man out. It makes complete sense. Cutting him saves money. There is no sense to cut Petty and they won't carry 4 QBs. Geno Smith's watch has ended. 

Geno will save them very little. He is basically value wise a legit NFL backup even if you hate him. Let's be logical. When a Qb with experience has a low contract you keep him. Plus they could fudge it with Petty and find a way to IR him. If they do cut Petty nobody would probably pick him up and use a roster spot for him. It's doubtful that would happen. 

1 hour ago, 77DRAFT said:

Geno could be traded tomorrow for a 6th rounder.  I don't see Mac and Bowles going forward without their security blanket, don't be

surprised if Mr Playoffs gets a two year deal.  

I would give up our 7th rounder if someone would take Geno off our hands. Of course we'd have to throw in his salary too. :rolleyes: 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Geno will save them very little. He is basically value wise a legit NFL backup even if you hate him. Let's be logical. When a Qb with experience has a low contract you keep him. Plus they could fudge it with Petty and find a way to IR him. If they do cut Petty nobody would probably pick him up and use a roster spot for him. It's doubtful that would happen. 

Wait and see. You'll be back for crow. 

What's the point of Fitz at this point? Is he winning a Supwr Bowl this year? Is he even possibly a 2 year plan? Is he playing for 7m a year? We have 3 QB's whom are all young, have potential, have question marks, and need opportunity to prove themselves. So how does Fitz play into this equation? We haven't traded Mo, and frankly if we pay him a contract he's amenable to signing he's gonna cost just about as much per season as the franchise tag costs us this year, so where is the money to sign Fitz short of cutting Mo outright? And in that case are we better of playing for one season without Mo and Fitz as our QB, or just go with the young horses and play out the season with Mo under the franchise tag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're going to sign Fitz, that much I'm pretty certian of but the more I think about it we might actually keep all four. I don't think they want Hackenberg to see the field under any circumstances this season, he needs surgery on his throwing accuracy and that will take more than a training camp to fix. Petty too was supposed to need two years minimum. Geno isn't a terrible backup to have and be could serve the purpose of keeping the two projects off field.

I think we really want to give these QB's every chance. Throwing either to the wolves now would be insanity. I think when they play will be dictated by Fitzpatrick's play - He can keep playing so long as his play justifies it and once he drops off we'll let Petty and Hack compete for the job. Ideally this would be in 2018 but probably more likely to be next season.

We're going to sign Fitz, that much I'm pretty certian of but the more I think about it we might actually keep all four. I don't think they want Hackenberg to see the field under any circumstances this season, he needs surgery on his throwing accuracy and that will take more than a training camp to fix. Petty too was supposed to need two years minimum. Geno isn't a terrible backup to have and be could serve the purpose of keeping the two projects off field.

I think we really want to give these QB's every chance. Throwing either to the wolves now would be insanity. I think when they play will be dictated by Fitzpatrick's play - He can keep playing so long as his play justifies it and once he drops off we'll let Petty and Hack compete for the job. Ideally this would be in 2018 but probably more likely to be next season.

Where are you getting the 10m a year to sign Fitz? Cut Mo?

Tanking it must be, no GM could have planned this hole we are in at the moment. Really can't see at this point how we are having a good season? We will be drafting top 10 next year.

Geno Smith at QB, 30 plus turn overs here we come. Really I'm praying Petty can play. 

I look at the Browns, Eagles, Titans I don't think we've filled one hole. Don't give me Hackensack, only the Jets draft a guy who a reclamation project before he's even played a down, if he works out it's won't be for years.

Rant over, one very pissed off Jets fan!

Archived