Grade the Pick: UGA DE/LB Jordan Jenkins

Sarge4Tide

Grade the Pick  

62 members have voted

1. 1. I give the selection of Jordan Jenkins a grade of.....

• A+
    • A
    • B+
    • B
    • C+
    • C
    • D+
    • D
    • F
    • F-

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Unless you're drafting a QB, a team like this needs a day 1 impact starter from the first round. The Jets did not get that. Therefore, it's a reach. Lee wouldn't be a reach for a more established team or a team that could plug him in right away. Pick value and where he was "slotted" to go has nothing to do with being a reach to me. That has to do with scheme and fit and whether the guy can start day one. The Jets can't afford to wait for their first two round draft picks to get ready for a year or two. Not while the actual talent on this team continues to rot and decay. 

Lee will be an impact player year 1, and he will be starting by game 4 if not sooner. Yes, the Jets can wait for players to develop, the draft is about building a team over time. FA is for "now"

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Unless you're drafting a QB, a team like this needs a day 1 impact starter from the first round. The Jets did not get that. Therefore, it's a reach. Lee wouldn't be a reach for a more established team or a team that could plug him in right away. Pick value and where he was "slotted" to go has nothing to do with being a reach to me. That has to do with scheme and fit and whether the guy can start day one. The Jets can't afford to wait for their first two round draft picks to get ready for a year or two. Not while the actual talent on this team continues to rot and decay. 

You know who else said that?  Tex.  That's the company you are keeping now.

How many 1st rounders are huge impact rookies?  If a guy is in the rotation, learns, and is able to contribute by year 2, that's a good pick.

He must of had the combine of a 5th round pick (to last until the 3rd round) because his film is of the performance of an late 1st- early 2nd round pick. Dude can flat out play it seems and I'm happy we went this direction. Our young LB core couldn't be thirst into a better situation with the DL that either in front our inside them along with the vet Harris. Don't expect him to drop into coverage must be he does needs to grasp some basic drop back fundamental which starts with his awareness.

Archived