Great Draft: The future is Now

Cyberjet

I don't think this draft did much for the future. The Jets drafted for the same side of the ball that they've been drafting for exclusively for over a decade. Absolutely no foresight whatsoever. I really don't think some of you guys realize how completely screwed this offense is going to be after this year. There's literally nobody for any position.

3 hours ago, cant wait said:

So we need the weak armed journeyman scrub who said he'd rather retire than play for $8-9 million to be a mentor? Enough with the fitz nonsense

It makes too much sense to be nonsense. What kind of a "mentor" do you see Geno Smith being? What could either of these young QB's learn from a guy who has already crashed into his own low ceiling? The Jets absolutely need a veteran - maybe not Fitz - but someone willing to start this year and then compete with the young guns, minus Geno Smith for the job.

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So Geno is the starter?   We still need a viable backup (especially considering Geno isn't a viable starter).  Petty?  Hoyer?

With this D being stronger going into this upcoming season and faster, if Geno fails the two young QB's will get their shot (one of them at least). The salary cap is tight so the Jets may have to with what they have. It has happened before.

3 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

With this D being stronger going into this upcoming season and faster, if Geno fails the two young QB's will get their shot (one of them at least). The salary cap is tight so the Jets may have to with what they have. It has happened before.

You may be right but I am skeptical.  I think Fitz Hoyer or Glennon (or someone along those lines) will be here - most likely as our starter.

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

It makes too much sense to be nonsense. What kind of a "mentor" do you see Geno Smith being? What could either of these young QB's learn from a guy who has already crashed into his own low ceiling? The Jets absolutely need a veteran - maybe not Fitz - but someone willing to start this year and then compete with the young guns, minus Geno Smith for the job.

He can teach the young pups the importance of learning to bob and weave.

Archived