sometimes fans sadly know more

kmnj

it is posted often on here about jets doom and gloom fans. There is a reason for that besides the obvious being we have not won in pretty much forever. Many times for whatever the reason Jets have people in place that have made some mind numbing dumb choices when even the casual fan sees it is wrong.

The ones that stick in my craw the worst are passing over marino and sapp for kenny and brady(kyle brady that is) but our history is full of bad draft picks and bad choices by bad coaches and gms. 

We have heard "we have a plan have to stick with it" our gm knows best "(over and over again even though these guys have no history of winning), "this guys a player", "the guy we wanted"," best player available"gives us the best chance to win so much the mere sound of those phrases makes me tremble with fear and sick with nausea.

This brings me to this draft-the majority of fans that watch college football know what their eyes allow them to see. I watched almost every psu game as family goes there. I have been to many of the games and we drafted a guy that I believe will be beyond awful. I dont know what the coaches/scouts see. It is like they are telling me fire is cold but in all of my being I know it is hot. I wanted Lynch but even though  they passed on him , I understood because they did not want a "project". Then this pick comes through and it has left me sick and questioning my fandom once again.

I am in my early 40s and have been going to almost every game since I walking and in that time I have seen more then my share of heartbreak. I own numerous psls includuing some of the best in the house.  A man can only take so much especially watching the giants win rings and every few years building a championship type team.

I hope my fears are wrong but my gut and eyes tell me the future is muddled with 4-8 win seasons.

I wanted no part of Fitz coming back and hated how he choked away the playoffs last year and now after seeing our newly drafted qb I would welcome fitz back with open arms and carry his luggage back to his locker.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Keller over DeSean Jackson still hurts me to this day. I was screaming for that pick.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion and what's the point in even discussing if you're not gonna have one? LOL

Dustin Keller was a very good tight end, injuries destroyed him.

thats not one of the jets picks I'd be pissed about, Keller was at least good

1 minute ago, Colgateman said:

Very good?  Maybe for Jet tight ends because we suck at tight ends.  But compare to the rest of the league he was just another guy.

7 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

He was a complete fraud and the biggest coward I've ever seen in a Jets jersey.

Never despised an NFL player more - Rapists, Murderers, Brady's and all.

17 minutes ago, kmnj said:

it is posted often on here about jets doom and gloom fans. There is a reason for that besides the obvious being we have not won in pretty much forever. Many times for whatever the reason Jets have people in place that have made some mind numbing dumb choices when even the casual fan sees it is wrong.

The ones that stick in my craw the worst are passing over marino and sapp for kenny and brady(kyle brady that is) but our history is full of bad draft picks and bad choices by bad coaches and gms. 

We have heard "we have a plan have to stick with it" our gm knows best "(over and over again even though these guys have no history of winning), "this guys a player", "the guy we wanted"," best player available"gives us the best chance to win so much the mere sound of those phrases makes me tremble with fear and sick with nausea.

This brings me to this draft-the majority of fans that watch college football know what their eyes allow them to see. I watched almost every psu game as family goes there. I have been to many of the games and we drafted a guy that I believe will be beyond awful. I dont know what the coaches/scouts see. It is like they are telling me fire is cold but in all of my being I know it is hot. I wanted Lynch but even though  they passed on him , I understood because they did not want a "project". Then this pick comes through and it has left me sick and questioning my fandom once again.

I am in my early 40s and have been going to almost every game since I walking and in that time I have seen more then my share of heartbreak. I own numerous psls includuing some of the best in the house.  A man can only take so much especially watching the giants win rings and every few years building a championship type team.

I hope my fears are wrong but my gut and eyes tell me the future is muddled with 4-8 win seasons.

I wanted no part of Fitz coming back and hated how he choked away the playoffs last year and now after seeing our newly drafted qb I would welcome fitz back with open arms and carry his luggage back to his locker.

I get it.  You know more than Mac, Bowles and the Jets FO.  Thanks for educating us.

6 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

did he sleep with your g/f or wife or something?

27 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Put Tom Brady in an option offense with a horrible line, and he will look like a horrible QB. 

7 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

Christ, another pity party. 

17 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Yes but it brought this post out and this could get very interesting.

40 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Well I am sure you could fill out a job application for the new head of scouting position.

Bowles basically laid out the draft plan at the end of the season. They needed to get fast on Defense and they have so far. 

And if Fitz choked away the playoff spot (which I agree with) what did the defense do that day ? I can tell you....the basically let scrubs let Greg Salas beat them all day on 3rd and 4th downs.  How bout Marshall dropping a big pass early ?

I love how no one goes and trashes the Defense for the that debacle week 17. Buffalo running scrubs left and right and no one making a stop. Revis ? how much did Watkins put on him ?  

The fans, with limited exceptions, never know more. Sometimes the fans are right and the pros are wrong but even this is broadly overstating things. The fans are for the most part not projecting with any more specificity than like/dislike or x is better than y about a limited group of players who come prescreened. The guys doing it for real are answering significantly more complicated questions about a quantity of prospects an order of magnitude larger as a matter of first impression. And then there's the sample size problem with regard to the number of outcomes by which results can be evaluated.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

Some fans THINK they know more. Let me ask you something if you know more than jets management then why dont you have a job there instead of mcdonalds or wherever the hell you work

20 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rZxNeFLuY98" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

yawn.  Seen this many times.  I've been a fan since the 1960's.  So whatever you are attempting to demonstrate (i.e. the Jets historically are awful drafters), I know already.  And those were different regimes.  

Have a nice day.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

a0G0k.gif

21 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rZxNeFLuY98" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brick, mangold, wilkerson, richardson, williams

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

I get it.  You know more than Mac, Bowles and the Jets FO.  Thanks for educating us.

That's not what he said and you know it.  He's right.  Sometimes fans see the idiocy of what the GM/HC/Owner are doing.  You do remember all the "trust Rex", "trust Tanny", trust Idzik" bullsh!t don't you?

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

That's not what he said and you know it.  He's right.  Sometimes fans see the idiocy of what the GM/HC/Owner are doing.  You do remember all the "trust Rex", "trust Tanny", trust Idzik" bullsh!t don't you?

I never subscribed to any of those.  Drafting one project over another is not idiocy, it is preference.  It's not the same as skipping past Dan Marino or drafting Jeff Lageman or Roger Vick in round 1.

The dude you are defending is going about like it's a sure think that Lynch will be a good QB.  But, IMO, he has every bit as much risk, perhaps more, than Hackenburg. So it is not the same as those other obvious blunders.

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

yawn.  Seen this many times.  I've been a fan since the 1960's.  So whatever you are attempting to demonstrate (i.e. the Jets historically are awful drafters), I know already.  And those were different regimes.  

Have a nice day.

Lol swing and a miss. You professed blind faith in Mac and the Jets FO because fans aren't GMS. The video shows several occasions when fans were right and GMS sh*t the bed. Sapp, marino, etc.  It supports the OP which I happen to agree with. 

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I never subscribed to any of those.  Drafting one project over another is not idiocy, it is preference.  It's not the same as skipping past Dan Marino or drafting Jeff Lageman or Roger Vick in round 1.

The dude you are defending is going about like it's a sure think that Lynch will be a good QB.  But, IMO, he has every bit as much risk, perhaps more, than Hackenburg. So it is not the same as those other obvious blunders.

All I am "defending" is the concept that all the morons we have had in the front office over the years should be questioned.  Sometimes, us fans seem to see the forest from the trees better than the dopes running the show.  I never understood how folks went blindly into the abyss just because some sh1thead like Rex said it was a good idea.   Fuk that noise.

Archived