Welcome to the Jets Juston Burris

Maxman

Strange to compare his combine stats to Darron Lee's:

Lee (6'1, 232): 4.47 forty dash*, 17 reps, 35.5 inch vert, 133 inch broad*, 7.12 3-cone, 4.20 twenty-shuttle* 

Burris: (6'0, 212): 4.53 forty dash, 19 reps*, 36.5 vert*, 122 inch broad, 7.10 3-cone*, 4.40 twenty-shuttle

It's like he's quicker than Lee, but he's not, but he's stronger, and has more explosion, but not really. 

20 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Strange to compare his combine stats to Darron Lee's:

Lee (6'1, 232): 4.47 forty dash*, 17 reps, 35.5 inch vert, 133 inch broad*, 7.12 3-cone, 4.20 twenty-shuttle* 

Burris: (6'0, 212): 4.53 forty dash, 19 reps*, 36.5 vert*, 122 inch broad, 7.10 3-cone*, 4.40 twenty-shuttle

It's like he's quicker than Lee, but he's not, but he's stronger, and has more explosion, but not really. 

I understand what you mean but I don't.

13 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

I understand what you mean but I don't.

Burris can jump higher but not further (an inch more on his vertical, but almost a full FOOT behind Lee's broad jump).

He has less straight line speed (5/100ths slower on the forty) than Lee.

Burris shows more short-area quickness with a better 3-cone time, but his shuttle is slower, which also measures short-area quickness and COD skills. 

If anything this highlights how athletic our first-round pick is, to be so close in measurables to a CB while weighing 20lbs heavier, but it also demonstrates how strong and athletic our FOURTH-rounder is; he's out-lifting LBs and on pace with one of the most athletic players in the draft.   

9 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Burris can jump higher but not further (an inch more on his vertical, but almost a full FOOT behind Lee's broad jump).

He has less straight line speed (5/100ths slower on the forty) than Lee.

Burris shows more short-area quickness with a better 3-cone time, but his shuttle is slower, which also measures short-area quickness and COD skills. 

If anything this highlights how athletic our first-round pick is, to be so close in measurables to a CB while weighing 20lbs heavier, but it also demonstrates how strong and athletic our FOURTH-rounder is; he's out-lifting LBs and on pace with one of the most athletic players in the draft.   

We're finally building a new core of defensive players that reflect Bowles desire for speed, Burns fits right in.

Archived