Charone Peake- Clemson.

Villain The Foe

This guy was a ******* steal! Most experts had him as a 3/4th round pick. But because of his hands being smaller he fell to the seventh! 

He is big bodied and fast, they say he has great character and is a hard worker, very intelligent.

this pick reminds me of steffon diggs(fell because of smaller frame and a bad pro day) to the vikes last year, let's hope we get something very similar from Charone Peake!

if he lives up to what he can be,we got a huge steal. Low risk high reward player

OVERVIEW

Named as one of the top 15 players in the country coming out of high school, big things were expected from Peake when he arrived at Death Valley. However, injuries and other rising stars (DeAndre Hopkins, Martavis Bryant and Sammy Watkins) held off his explosion on the scene until late in his career. Peake played in 14 games as a true freshman (4-71 receiving, 2-22 kick returns) and started two of 13 games played in a sophomore campaign (25-172, two TD receiving). Peake started the first two games of the 2013 season (8-84, one TD) before tearing his ACL in a September practice. He took a medical redshirt that season, and eventually made his way back onto the field the next season (four starts in seven games, 12-129, two TD receiving). Finally healthy and fully utilized with Deshaun Watson running an excellent Clemson offense that pushed the Tigers to the national championship game, Peake had the best year of his career in 2015 (50-716, five TD).

PRO DAY RESULTS

40-yard dash: 4.37 seconds

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Possesses outstanding combination of size, length and deep speed. Looks the part of a WR1. Plays with consistent lean and acceleration into routes. Big athlete with some shake underneath to separate in tight quarters. Controlled strider after the catch with ability to hit top gear quickly on wide receiver screens and crossers. Is best when aggressively finishing catches against cornerbacks. Three-level potential as a pass catcher. Shows cornerbacks varied route speeds. Sells route at his top speed, but has another gear saved up to overtake defender when he hits the gas. Legitimate deep ball threat. Has potential to be dominant run blocker if he commits. Hard worker in the classroom and scouts love his personal character.

WEAKNESSES

Hands are extremely small for his size and position. Late to get hands in catch­-ready position on intermediate throws. Dropped five passes for drop rate of 9.1 percent. Slows a bit on vertical routes when turning to find ball rather than maintaining top speed. Can improve working to open spaces against zone. Production never matched talent. Inconsistent in release success against press. Injuries are a major concern with two knee surgeries in his background.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Round 3

SOURCES TELL US

"Like his size and speed but hands are dicey. Will work out well and get people excited." -- Southeastern area scout.

NFL COMPARISON

Javon Walker

BOTTOM LINE

Rare combination of size and speed that can often be found in number one wide receivers. Peake was highly regarded coming out of high school but failed to post eye-­popping production thanks, in part, to two knee injuries. While his small hands are a concern, his athleticism and ability to operate on all levels of the field warrant consideration inside the first three rounds if his medicals check out.

Not many reports like that for 7th Rd picks.

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Zero chance. They love Enunwa and rightfully so.

OHHH ok, thanks for the tips Gailey.

Enunwa is a terrible receiver. Great athlete, but will get passed by Peake in no time. Write it down, champ.

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

meh, Lawler or Garret would have been better IMO

One thing I will say, he'll pass Enunway on the depth chart by July

Zero chance. They love Enunwa and rightfully so.

Different positions, IMHO ... Enunwa more an H-back, Peake more a traditional outside guy.

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Only cause Amaro was hurt. He's role in the offense will deminish. Targets will go to Peake.

Really I don't know Amaro wins that spot back Enunwa really came on at the end of the year.

Targets will only go to Peake if he's subing Marshall or Decker.

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

OHHH ok, thanks for the tips Gailey.

Enunwa is a terrible receiver. Great athlete, but will get passed by Peake in no time. Write it down, champ.

I will literally bet you anything you want that Enunwa sees more playing time this season. 

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

Really I don't know Amaro wins that spot back Enunwa really came on at the end of the year.

Targets will only go to Peake if he's subing Marshall or Decker.

not trying to take away what Quincy did, but he was mostly awful. He's got enough gazelle in him to take those short slants and make big plays, but the guy could look more stiff and stone-hand if he tried. He's not someone we can rely on. Amaro will easily leapfrog him... Enunwa's a role player

As of now, the WR chart looks like, Decker/Marshall/Smith/Enunwa/Peake/Thompkins.   I'm guessing they carry 5, so Thompkins looks like the odd man out to me.  After that, Enunwa can rotate with Amaro, and still have Forte who can also line up out wide.  The WR group should be one of the best in the league.  

I will literally bet you anything you want that Enunwa sees more playing time this season. 

Sure, lay out the bet. Enunwa's a role player who's targets and field time will diminsh. Guarantee you. He's horrendously stiff and drops anything over his shoulder.

Brad Smith was a better receiver. 

3 minutes ago, win4ever said:

As of now, the WR chart looks like, Decker/Marshall/Smith/Enunwa/Peake/Thompkins.   I'm guessing they carry 5, so Thompkins looks like the odd man out to me.  After that, Enunwa can rotate with Amaro, and still have Forte who can also line up out wide.  The WR group should be one of the best in the league.  

Enunwa not counted as a wide receiver, should be counted as a TE/H-back Thompkins still has a place on the team

2 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Enunwa not counted as a wide receiver, should be counted as a TE/H-back Thompkins still has a place on the team

I think he still is a WR, because we seem to have an infatuation with Kellen Davis.  

The ideal 3 WR set up seems to be Marshall/Decker/Smith with Amaro at TE, and Forte.  Once, it goes to 4 WR set, I think Amaro gets out, Enunwa comes in.  

I was shocked to see him come off the board in the seventh round. I was for sure someone had taken him earlier. Speedy guy, good character, but had a few injuries and supposedly has small hands. I know he catches most everything he gets his tiny mitts on.

Archived