Crappy mobile ads breaking the site

8 hours ago, nico002 said:

Literally get a pop up every time I open a thread that I can't close unless I go up and re open the page a few times....

So you can do something crazy and tell me about it rather then starting a thread like this. The site costs $600 per month to run, so we need ads.

Bad ads happen. I just need to know the name of the company that is putting the ad up and I can block it. Screen print would help.

I just opened a ticket with our ad network asking them to block these mobile ads. Any specific information would help (Ad name, Screen print etc).

We are only using one ad network now. The downside is they don't fill 100% of our inventory, they are at 60% I think. That brings in less, but it helps us in these situations because we know who to talk to to get these ads blocked.

I know these are frustrating, and we do take this stuff seriously. Please remember this is a fan site run by volunteers so we don't have staff monitoring things 24 x 7. Any issues -- just report them to me and we get them squared away.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I just opened a ticket with our ad network asking them to block these mobile ads. Any specific information would help (Ad name, Screen print etc).

We are only using one ad network now. The downside is they don't fill 100% of our inventory, they are at 60% I think. That brings in less, but it helps us in these situations because we know who to talk to to get these ads blocked.

I know these are frustrating, and we do take this stuff seriously. Please remember this is a fan site run by volunteers so we don't have staff monitoring things 24 x 7. Any issues -- just report them to me and we get them squared away.

Thanks.

...and restart your computer.

Archived