The Wilkerson in the room...

SenorGato

24 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

We know they don't want to do that because:

A - their relationship is basically a Taylor Swift song.

B - no crowd funding site has been put up.

C - Wilkerson is not JJ Watt. Do you think he is JJ Watt?

D - Sheldon Richardson himself said Wilkerson wants Suh money.

E - Mehta said the Jets value Richardson more, which is totally believable.

F - it worked really well the last two times.

lol

the longer this goes, the less leverage the jets have, because the other GM's will just wait for mo to get released.  watt got his deal 2 months after he was tagged if I'm not mistaken. 

maybe they can just ask revis to take a paycut ?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Larz said:

lol

the longer this goes, the less leverage the jets have, because the other GM's will just wait for mo to get released.  watt got his deal 2 months after he was tagged if I'm not mistaken. 

maybe they can just ask revis to take a paycut ?

Honestly, they should ask all the players and maybe even the coaches to take a paycut. That's the only way to do this. Woody deserves better than caving into the demands of a man with no loyalty, a founding principle of the NFL. If the players think Wilkerson is JJ Watt, then they can pay for it.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

pay him

That's not up to me. That's up to the regime. Doesn't seem like they're inclined to do so. I'd be more than satisfied to have him back at a reasonable salary. He's a good player. Maybe write MM a well intention letter?

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

That's not up to me. That's up to the regime. Doesn't seem like they're inclined to do so. I'd be more than satisfied to have him back at a reasonable salary. He's a good player. Maybe write MM a well intention letter?

pay him or lose him

simple

45 minutes ago, Larz said:

pay him or lose him

simple

Pay him a reasonable amount that makes sense for the team or lose him. It's the same way they're negotiating with Fitz, except there isn't a competent, capable backup at the QB position. 

11 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I mean instead of letting him walk eventually. I don't care when we sign him so long as we do.

I've been hoping that we'd wait and see all along. Let the line prove their worth.

The irony is that at this point the best chance to sign him is rescind the franchise tag or tell him they'll take a 3rd rd pick in a sign and trade.  At least that way the Jets could evaluate the market and decide whether to match the offer  

the franchise tag is a hindrance to a lt deal.   

53 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Pay him a reasonable amount that makes sense for the team or lose him. It's the same way they're negotiating with Fitz, except there isn't a competent, capable backup at the QB position. 

elite players don't sign deals that make sense.  jags do.  they typically sign deals that make them the highest paid player at that position usually for a record amount

the mistake the jets made was not extending him last year

the cost of d-line talent only goes in one direction

36 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

The irony is that at this point the best chance to sign him is rescind the franchise tag

lol

did you see what happend to Norman ?  he got mevis money

7 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

If the Jets don't come to a longterm contract before training camp, don't expect to see M Wilkerson till the last week of training camp.( as long as he doesn't sign his franchise tag the Jets can't fine him for not showing.      

That is the problem when a player misses that much time, they become more susceptible to injury.

He is still playing for a new contract, sitting out and possibly setting himself up for injury, is something that will hurt his productivity and not allow him to maximize his next contract. He's in a lose/lose, he has to stay and shape, and he has to produce, if he doesn't he is only limiting himself.

6 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

He is still playing for a new contract, sitting out and possibly setting himself up for injury, is something that will hurt his productivity and not allow him to maximize his next contract. He's in a lose/lose, he has to stay and shape, and he has to produce, if he doesn't he is only limiting himself.

I have a really cool line/comeback for moments like this....:

"Welcome to life....Now pay me!"

Could anything more badass ever be said?

6 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Not necessarily.

Guy has years of production backing him up. If he has a slow start to the season in a year where he understandably sat out, I don't think teams are going to really care. He does need to produce eventually to show the broken leg hasn't affected him, but that's about it.

Archived