Hackington

Maxman

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

High risk? High risk? You people are delusional. He carries the same risk as every other 2nd round qb taken. The wash-out rate remains 50-50 at best in that spot taken.

It would be high risk if the jets had traded Joe Montana, and replaced him with Hackenberg. THAT would be high risk. 

It is what it is, which is a qb taken in a second round qb, with some considerable upside, that will be given a shot. Happens every year in the NFL

Agreed.  HIll, Ducasse, Amaro, Geez, could it be any worse? 

20 hours ago, Maxman said:

I feel like the debate over Hackington is going to be intense. Much like the debate over Chad Pennington was.

So I would like to be the first person to use the term: Hackington.

Remember we are all Jets fans and most likely we will be debating this for years. So pace yourself, this is a marathon not a sprint.

Let the games begin.

Please don't compare him to Chad when he came out of Marshall. Chad was a worthy 1st round pick.

23 hours ago, Maxman said:

I feel like the debate over Hackington is going to be intense. Much like the debate over Chad Pennington was.

So I would like to be the first person to use the term: Hackington.

Remember we are all Jets fans and most likely we will be debating this for years. So pace yourself, this is a marathon not a sprint.

Let the games begin.

You can have "Hackington".  I'm claiming "Hack-averde" for when he has his first multi-interception game.

14 hours ago, Skeptable said:

I would disagree.... Although Hackenberg has a great Football IQ he is not a Rhodes Scholar. Pennington had a great accurate arm but was limited in his throws. Hackenberg is not limited in his throws and has been inconsistent with his footwork.

So you're questioning our 2nd round pick's Hack-uracy?

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

Acceptable derogatory Hackenberg Nicknames to-date:

Sackenberg

Hackensack

Hackenturd

There really hasn't been a good "Hack is Penny" nickname as yet.

Honestly, the two players seem to have very little in common.  If anything, I'd compare Hackenberg to Ken O'Brien, as both had big strong arms, were prototypical in size, considered smart, but were sack machines, neither played with good O-lines, neither had a good feel for pressure, and neither knew when to throw the ball away.

Kenny O'Hackensack 

How did you miss "hacky sack"?

16 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Won't happen. Even if he turns out to be elite, most of them will be pointing to some obscure stats to prove that they were right, and he actually sucks, but is the beneficiary of dropped interceptions that nobody else gets, or his passes are almost all bad, but his receivers bail him out, or whatever it will be. The scouts on this board are never wrong, they will stick to their guns and protect their street cred, cause street cred FTW!!

leave Fitz out of this discussion! 

8 hours ago, neckdemon said:

i am seeing right through you @Maxman . this hackenberg pick must have tripled the daily post count.......this thread is just you getting greedy and trying to drive it up even further...... :-D

At the draft party on Thursday night, right before the Jets were on the clock, I did say: "I have to admit QBs are good for post counts".  

It didn't happen in Round 1 but we hit the post count lottery in round 2. Of all the things I have lost along the way, it really is my soul I miss the most lol.

5 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Max, nice try but I expected more fire,  if you really want to drive posts, I think you need to create the Glennon or Hack fan poll

This question to really fire up the crowd; Do you send a 2nd to Tampa or burn it on the Hack? 

Right now we aren't actively looking to drive post counts up. We had around 10,000 posts on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

We are just rearranging the wood on the fire. The rest just takes care of itself. :)

And in all seriousness, I was on record before the draft saying Hackenberg scared the hell out of me. But now I will root my ass off for him. In Big Mac we trust.

19 hours ago, jack48 said:

Apparently Hack is something of a brain too.  He was checking off at 18.

Kids have been checking off at 18 since before the internet.

EDIT: I read that wrong, mods please delete.

15 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Agreed, a lot of completion % especially in college are inflate due to dumping off to rb's and quick wr screens. 

Imo in the NFL that kind of O gets you nowhere, least on a consistent basis, since as significant as comp % is it means nothing if your ypa is well below average.  The take on Hackenberg is he goes downfield more than most.  You would expect all things being equal a lower comp %.

Still it worrisome some analyses suggest he's not accurate overall.

Archived