What moves can be made when you look at our Cap situation.... Bleak!

32EBoozer

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 9:32 AM, j4jets said:

The D gave up 22 points. I don't care how bad Revis was but you don't deserve to be a playoff team if your offense can't score more than 17 points. 

Agreed! The "D" kept us in the game.... too many short fields for Buffalo. 3 FG's

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/2/2016 at 0:14 PM, 32EBoozer said:

Where will we finding the money to pay our Rookies? We're - $

Really there are only 5 options.

1. Sign Mo to LT deal

2.Rescind the Franchise Tag

3.Cut Breno

4. Re-structure Marshall, Mangold

5. Drop Geno, Thomkins and 5 or 6 other replaceable players with cheaper draft picks/UDFA

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/cap/

Any Ideas??

NEW YORK JETS CAP TOTALS

After the draft the Jets are officially 2 million OVER the salary cap. They have to start cutting salary by restructure or cuts in order to sign their draft picks. Plus there is Fitzpatrick who the Jets are offering 7-8 million as last reported. This is not good and there is one player clogging up the entire works and that is Mo Wilkerson. Jets could free up 15.7 million by simply dropping the franchise tag on a player whose unreasonable demands are killing this teams ability to maneuver. We have seen first hand in the Darrelle Revis situation how one player can gum up the works for the entire franchise and Mac is letting it happen again with Wilkerson. I don't believe Wilkerson wants a long term deal with the Jets, but a trade doesn't seem emminent either because Wilkerson is simply overpricing himself. Don't make the same mistake Tannenbaum made by caving in to Revis and doing the same with Wilkerson. I love Mo the player, but Mo the greedy entrepreneur has got to go.

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

After the draft the Jets are officially 2 million OVER the salary cap. They have to start cutting salary by restructure or cuts in order to sign their draft picks. Plus there is Fitzpatrick who the Jets are offering 7-8 million as last reported. This is not good and there is one player clogging up the entire works and that is Mo Wilkerson. Jets could free up 15.7 million by simply dropping the franchise tag on a player whose unreasonable demands are killing this teams ability to maneuver. We have seen first hand in the Darrelle Revis situation how one player can gum up the works for the entire franchise and Mac is letting it happen again with Wilkerson. I don't believe Wilkerson wants a long term deal with the Jets, but a trade doesn't seem emminent either because Wilkerson is simply overpricing himself. Don't make the same mistake Tannenbaum made by caving in to Revis and doing the same with Wilkerson. I love Mo the player, but Mo the greedy entrepreneur has got to go.

Yes, Mo's Franchise cost is mucking up the works, but you do not release a player of that caliber for a comp pick at the end of the 3rd rd.

I'd rather work out a 4/5 yr. deal and get our Cap back in order. Let Mo compete and see where Richardson is after 2016.

He may screw up again and you can pull his 5th yr. option or trade him or let the 3 Amigos go at it for the next 5 yrs.

1 more yr. of Harris, Mangold, Gilchrist.....2 more yrs. of Revis, Marshall.

MacDaddy is building the depth of this team. After next yr. Draft, we will hopefully have quality, inexpensive young talent stepping up to fill the holes.

We'll be OK $ wise..... Don't sell the farm to save the chicken(whatever the heck that means!

On 5/2/2016 at 11:14 AM, 32EBoozer said:

1. Sign Mo to LT deal

3.Cut Breno

5. Drop Geno, Thomkins and 5 or 6 other replaceable players with cheaper draft picks/UDFA

Any Ideas??

NEW YORK JETS CAP TOTALS

Cut Breno, Miliner, and Revis. if you sign,  Fitzchokey, cut Geno. 

On 5/2/2016 at 10:14 AM, 32EBoozer said:

1. Sign Mo to LT deal

3.Cut Breno

Any Ideas??

NEW YORK JETS CAP TOTALS

Some team that sees itself as a contender and sees itself as one player away, or one who has a major injury along the D-line is going to call the Jets and work a deal (probably for a future draft choice) and a contract acceptable to Wilkerson will take Mo off the Jet's books.

Or in other words it isn't hopeless that considerable cap space will be freed up in the summer.

But even if that does not occur, the Jet's will have the cap space in 2017 to sign Mo to a long-term deal (if they want). 

2 hours ago, GoingToMyGraveGreen said:

Some team that sees itself as a contender and sees itself as one player away, or one who has a major injury along the D-line is going to call the Jets and work a deal (probably for a future draft choice) and a contract acceptable to Wilkerson will take Mo off the Jet's books.

Or in other words it isn't hopeless that considerable cap space will be freed up in the summer.

But even if that does not occur, the Jet's will have the cap space in 2017 to sign Mo to a long-term deal (if they want). 

If Mo plays under the Franchise Tag this yr. this could certainly happen.

If Mo gets signed to a deal Mac is OK with, you won't see him move this summer. Theat ship in all liklihood has left port.

I hope we can keep Mo. If he gets signed to a LT deal he will be cheared when they open at home.

If he refuses a reasonable deal, he'll be booed IMO.

5 hours ago, SenorGato said:

He has a significant contract and plays a sport. That's pretty much a death sentence for someone's popularity unless the team wins championships.

You're not wrong.

16 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yes, Mo's Franchise cost is mucking up the works, but you do not release a player of that caliber for a comp pick at the end of the 3rd rd.

I'd rather work out a 4/5 yr. deal and get our Cap back in order. Let Mo compete and see where Richardson is after 2016.

He may screw up again and you can pull his 5th yr. option or trade him or let the 3 Amigos go at it for the next 5 yrs.

1 more yr. of Harris, Mangold, Gilchrist.....2 more yrs. of Revis, Marshall.

MacDaddy is building the depth of this team. After next yr. Draft, we will hopefully have quality, inexpensive young talent stepping up to fill the holes.

We'll be OK $ wise..... Don't sell the farm to save the chicken(whatever the heck that means!

I think Mac has offered long term deals to Wilkerson that have been rejected. It was in all the papers last year that Mac had reached out to Mo time and again before the money dried up and nothing was done. I don't think Mo wants to play for the Jets IMO. If he did he would run to the table and sign the 15.7 million tender offer. It is completely guaranteed money and he will never make more in one season again in his life, and yet he sits. I say pull the franchise tag and let Mo see what other teams offer for him. I say it will be in the 7-10 million range per. The Jets could match it or not depending on if they feel it is worth it.

3 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

I think Mac has offered long term deals to Wilkerson that have been rejected. It was in all the papers last year that Mac had reached out to Mo time and again before the money dried up and nothing was done. I don't think Mo wants to play for the Jets IMO. If he did he would run to the table and sign the 15.7 million tender offer. It is completely guaranteed money and he will never make more in one season again in his life, and yet he sits. I say pull the franchise tag and let Mo see what other teams offer for him. I say it will be in the 7-10 million range per. The Jets could match it or not depending on if they feel it is worth it.

The reason he isn't signing it is he will be required to attend MiniCamp, or be fined for not showing up.

If he doesn't sign the FT tender, I don't believe he can be fined.

There is a date when FT player must show up or face stiff fines.

July 15: 4 p.m. ET, deadline for any club that designated a Franchise Player to sign such player to a multiyear contract or extension. After this date, the player may sign only a one-year contract with his prior club for the 2016 season, and such contract cannot be extended until after the club's last regular season game.

14 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

The reason he isn't signing it is he will be required to attend MiniCamp, or be fined for not showing up.

July 15: 4 p.m. ET, deadline for any club that designated a Franchise Player to sign such player to a multiyear contract or extension. After this date, the player may sign only a one-year contract with his prior club for the 2016 season, and such contract cannot be extended until after the club's last regular season game.

There is no fine for a franchise player till he signs his tender.  Usually the franchise player shows up a week before the season starts( when the paychecks start).

All July 15 is the last day the franchise player and the team can agree to a long term contract.  After that he is playing under the tag.( for Wilkerson that's 15.7 million).

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

There is no fine for a franchise player till he signs his tender.  Usually the franchise player shows up a week before the season starts( when the paychecks start).

All July 15 is the last day the franchise player and the team can agree to a long term contract.  After that he is playing under the tag.( for Wilkerson that's 15.7 million).

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Isn't that what I said?

We on for Carr vs. Hackenberg this year QBR? :rl:

Archived