Dee Milliner ~ ~ ~

kelly

Injury-plagued cornerback Dee Milliner, drafted ninth overall by the New York Jets in 2013, did not have his fifth-year option exercised by the team. It means he will be a free agent after the season. Monday's move came as no surprise, as Milliner has missed 27 of 48 games due to surgery on his Achilles tendon and wrist. His fifth-year salary would have been $11.9 million, based on a formula for cornerbacks drafted in the top 10.

As expected, the Jets picked up the option for defensive endSheldon Richardson, the 13th overall choice in 2013. His salary will be $8 million in 2017.Richardson has been a productive player (16.5 career sacks), winning NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year, but his immediate future is uncertain. He was arrested last July and pleaded guilty to resisting arrest, meaning he could be suspended under the NFL's personal conduct policy. His case still is under review, a league spokesman said Monday.He was suspended the first four games last season for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Milliner flashed promise at the end of his rookie year, but he suffered a ruptured Achilles in 2014 and missed the first half of last season after injuring his wrist in a training camp practice. He was placed on short-term injured reserve. He was activated Nov. 11 and played in five games, but he didn't participate in a single snap on defense.Millner has undergone seven surgeries in his football career, the first five coming at Alabama.

>     http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15445647/new-york-jets-decline-option-injury-plagued-cb-dee-milliner

31 minutes ago, slats said:

Five surgeries in college, two more as a pro. 

There's no such thing as being injury prone. 

Milliner never missed a game in college!

41 minutes ago, slats said:

Five surgeries in college, two more as a pro. 

There's no such thing as being injury prone. 

Like Curtis Martin? Missed the last 2 games in his junior year to injury, then only played 2 games as a senior due to another injury. Then he's a relative iron man at the next level. Go figure. 

I'm a huge Bama fan and love Dee Milliner, but I would have gone on a multi state killing spree if he had his 5th year option picked up, good job Maccagnan 

Lol good job maccagan as if any gm would be dumb enough to pick up the option in milliner

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Like Curtis Martin? Missed the last 2 games in his junior year to injury, then only played 2 games as a senior due to another injury. Then he's a relative iron man at the next level. Go figure. 

There you go, talking up your hero again. 

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Hardly surprising at that option number. $12M for a 1 year option for Milliner lol. OK sure.

worth every penny of  .. ..... .... oh .. I thought you said 12 dollars 

'08 Gholston

'09 Sanchez

'10 Wilson

'11 Wilkerson

'12 Coples

'13 Milliner/Sheldon

6 straight drafts, 7, picks and as of next year, definitely 1, maybe 2 are on the roster. If you're looking for reasons as to why this franchise is staring directly into the face of a talentless abyss, there it is, right there.

19 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

'08 Gholston

'09 Sanchez

'10 Wilson

'11 Wilkerson

'12 Coples

'13 Milliner/Sheldon

6 straight drafts, 7, picks and as of next year, definitely 1, maybe 2 are on the roster. If you're looking for reasons as to why this franchise is staring directly into the face of a talentless abyss, there it is, right there.

Well when you write it all down like that and put it in such an easily understood format, I mean sure. 

22 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

'08 Gholston

'09 Sanchez

'10 Wilson

'11 Wilkerson

'12 Coples

'13 Milliner/Sheldon

All of this could have been avoided with proper management .

"Delicate Dee" didn't deserve a roster spot last year as far as I was concerned, which I posted multiple times.  "Potential" does not exist for a guy that is always rehabbing.  Draft position should have zero bearing on a player in year 3.   Entering year 4?  If he gets hurt in camp again and they keep him for '16, the front office should have their heads examined.

Not sure who coined that "delicate" nickname btw, but it is money.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

'08 Gholston

'09 Sanchez

'10 Wilson

'11 Wilkerson

'12 Coples

'13 Milliner/Sheldon

The entire 2012 draft is gone. Next year the entire 2013 draft, minus Richardson, will be gone. Half the 2014 draft is already gone. That's the bigger issue. Instead of young players hitting their prime and getting second contracts, the Jets' draft picks are nowhere to be found. 

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

'08 Gholston

'09 Sanchez

'10 Wilson

'11 Wilkerson

'12 Coples

'13 Milliner/Sheldon

but yet when fans spoke out against most of the picks it was blasphemy-our gms "had plans" they are pros they know best-in theory they should be sadly they did not

three years from now you will be adding one trick pony d smith and our newly drafted qb to the list-

I loved the bmarsh move , love the risk reward on our new tackle and love the forte move-drafts to be seen and I hope I am wrong

No way they can pay Milliner 12 mil next season. He's had no production even close to that level.But he's on the team this season probably and I'm interested to see how he does again under Bowles. Todd won't start anybody or even play them much who doesn't earn it. IMO he if healthy can be ok or even better. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

The entire 2012 draft is gone. Next year the entire 2013 draft, minus Richardson, will be gone. Half the 2014 draft is already gone. That's the bigger issue. Instead of young players hitting their prime and getting second contracts, the Jets' draft picks are nowhere to be found. 

Pretty much. 10 drafts and a gazillion picks you can say the Jets hit on a total of about 7 players. 3 of those are DL, which leaves 4 players for every single other unit on the team. The amount of 2nd through 4th rounders that we've pissed down the toilet is baffling. Mauldin and Winters are the only one. Pretty much the only time we land anything with cheap picks is when we trade them for expensive veterans.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

but yet when fans spoke out against most of the picks it was blasphemy-our gms "had plans" they are pros they know best-in theory they should be sadly they did not

This. This. And this. Through every single one of those picks, anyone that had a problem with any of it got the 'lulz u think you know more than Mike Tannenbaum/John Idzik?'

I'll never forget the night they drafted Coples. You had a handful of posters really baffled at the entire thing and we essentially got accused of being NAMBLA supporters for questioning the grand genius of Rex Ryan.

Deja vu this past weekend. For real.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

This. This. And this. Through every single one of those picks, anyone that had a problem with any of it got the 'lulz u think you know more than Mike Tannenbaum/John Idzik?'

I'll never forget the night they drafted Coples. You had a handful of posters really baffled at the entire thing and we essentially got accused of being NAMBLA supporters for questioning the grand genius of Rex Ryan.

Deja vu this past weekend. For real.

I always hope I get it wrong. Then I don't and I can't even bask in that because the team suffers. That's why I drink. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

I always hope I get it wrong. Then I don't and I can't even bask in that because the team suffers. That's why I drink. 

Right. Exactly. 

"Awww poor you is baby gonna cry?" Jesus with this.

Like do you really think I want to be sitting here on the Internet, bitching about Darron Lee? That's the assumption we're making here?

Thinks bout it this way though, with Cro gone he could get some opportunities next season and if he stays healthy and plays to his potential, could very well become the permanent replacement (at least, that's what I hope for everyone involved).

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Pretty much. 10 drafts and a gazillion picks you can say the Jets hit on a total of about 7 players. 3 of those are DL, which leaves 4 players for every single other unit on the team. The amount of 2nd through 4th rounders that we've pissed down the toilet is baffling. Mauldin and Winters are the only one. Pretty much the only time we land anything with cheap picks is when we trade them for expensive veterans.

Matt Slauson is available again. Bears just cut him. I have to say I like what he's done with his beard + the shaved head. 

Archived