Charone Peake and Robby Anderson

JetBlue

Peake was projected to go in the third round and Anderson was projected as high as the 5th in some circles and 6 or 7 in others.  The both have very good speed with Anderson actually running 4.28 at his Pro day.   The both stand about 6'3 with Peake being the more solidly built and physical receiver at 209.  Anderson has a more wirey build and is only 190, which is one of the knocks against him. (I think he played at 175 or 180).  I have been watching film on them it is possible that they could both make the team or PS.  

Two 6'3 Receivers with excellent speed, good hands, good route running and production. One was great value in the 7th and other not even drafted.  The Jets revamped Scouting Department is making a believer out of me.

Robby Anderson: (Be warned, the music sucks)

Charone Peake

Thanks for posting this.   But why do highlight reels devote so much time to showing the guy standing around or jumping up and down or other bs like that?  Just show the plays.

Also, very depressing to turn on a highlight reel and have every other word be the f or n words on the accompanying soundtracks.  Most guys who put these tapes together are trying to promote the guy.  Why do it in a way that is going to alienate half the guys who watch it (old geezers like me)?

4 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Thanks for posting this.   But why do highlight reels devote so much time to showing the guy standing around or jumping up and down or other bs like that?  Just show the plays.

they have to make them longer than a minute.

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

they have to make them longer than a minute.

That one was a prime example as he not only would show the same highlight from different camera angles, but would show them out of sequence to make them look like different plays.

Just now, Bruce Harper said:

That one was a prime example as he not only would show the same highlight from different camera angles, but would show them out of sequence to make them look like different plays.

i know, never saw that tactic before.

I think Peake has an opportunity to carve out play time. Not much depth at receiver. And an awesome chance to learn from guys like Marshall and Decker. He and Jenkins were my favorite picks in the draft. Also stumbled across some awesome physical play by him. If you haven't seen it, find the sequence of two plays between him and Artie Burns (I think Lance Zierlein posted it on twitter and it was linked to on another site). Awesome.

Anderson is interesting. Height, wheels, and a little production. I like guys coming out of that Temple program. Knocks would be lack of bulk (surprisingly key for receivers) and small hands. Apparently so small they might consider moving him to DB. Will be interesting to see if drops are an issue in camp.

The other two UDFA's are intriguing too. Jalin Marshall apparently has some wiggle/return ability and Quenton Bundrage is a nice height-weight-speed-athleticism guy who apparently caused an absurd amount of missed tackles. Coming off a knee injury so he was getting his athleticism back last year. Could be a sleeper. I think at least one UDFA makes the team. And (I say this as an Enunwa fan) there's a lot of room for guys to earn snaps behind Marshall and Decker. Very unsettled depth chart, particularly if Smith misses the year with that ACL injury.

2 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Also, very depressing to turn on a highlight reel and have every other word be the f or n words on the accompanying soundtracks.  Most guys who put these tapes together are trying to promote the guy.  Why do it in a way that is going to alienate half the guys who watch it (old geezers like me)?

I agree on both points.  Unfortunately the younger generation of African Americans feel that if they "own" the n-word or their variation of it, it no longer can be used as a weapon. Unfortunately they wrong and it is still very offensive to most people, black and white.

1 hour ago, derp said:

I think Peake has an opportunity to carve out play time. Not much depth at receiver. And an awesome chance to learn from guys like Marshall and Decker. He and Jenkins were my favorite picks in the draft. Also stumbled across some awesome physical play by him. If you haven't seen it, find the sequence of two plays between him and Artie Burns (I think Lance Zierlein posted it on twitter and it was linked to on another site). Awesome.

Anderson is interesting. Height, wheels, and a little production. I like guys coming out of that Temple program. Knocks would be lack of bulk (surprisingly key for receivers) and small hands. Apparently so small they might consider moving him to DB. Will be interesting to see if drops are an issue in camp.

The other two UDFA's are intriguing too. Jalin Marshall apparently has some wiggle/return ability and Quenton Bundrage is a nice height-weight-speed-athleticism guy who apparently caused an absurd amount of missed tackles. Coming off a knee injury so he was getting his athleticism back last year. Could be a sleeper. I think at least one UDFA makes the team. And (I say this as an Enunwa fan) there's a lot of room for guys to earn snaps behind Marshall and Decker. Very unsettled depth chart, particularly if Smith misses the year with that ACL injury.

Actually the small hands tag also applies to Peake yet it didn't seem to effect him much nor did it bother Anderson.  I was reading some comments of Temple fans and they stated that Anderson rarely dropped a pass so they don't know where the hands issue came from.   I don't see where there was any mention of moving him to DB.  He had a very productive career and season as a receiver.  We have plenty of DBs (Burris was just added plus Middleton at safety); we need depth at receiver.  In a game earlier this year Anderson burned 1st round pick William Jackson III pretty badly.  I think he can make an NFL team as a receiver. 

39 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I agree on both points.  Unfortunately the younger generation of African Americans feel that if they "own" the n-word or their variation of it, it no longer can be used as a weapon. Unfortunately they wrong and it is still very offensive to most people, black and white.

Check out the White House correspondents dinner the comedian called Obama the N word.. But it was a black comedian and he said it with love so it was cool..:wacko:

Two pickups with pretty good potential.  The two main things for any rookie WR's early on is don't drop the ball and don't get hurt.  Hands is the biggest factor by far, if you show the coaches you can make the catches you should and the odd one you shouldn't you'll get a long look.  Either one of these guys could put real pressure on Smith this year if he does not come out of the gates looking very good.

3 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Check out the White House correspondents dinner the comedian called Obama the N word.. But it was a black comedian and he said it with love so it was cool..:wacko:

Well it is a given that usually only an african american call another african american that word with out fear of getting their teeth knocked out lol.  However,  I see young latinos and even some young white kids calling each other "nigga" because they think it is cool and some how gives them some street cred...  smdh.   

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Two pickups with pretty good potential.  The two main things for any rookie WR's early on is don't drop the ball and don't get hurt.  Hands is the biggest factor by far, if you show the coaches you can make the catches you should and the odd one you shouldn't you'll get a long look.  Either one of these guys could put real pressure on Smith this year if he does not come out of the gates looking very good.

I am not sure Smith will be completely healthy by the start of camp.  I don't think he has anything to worry about this year as he was a 2nd round pick last year and it wasn't his fault he got hurt, just as he was beginning to play better.   However I do agree that both of these guys, assuming as you say, they catch the ball, will put pressure on Bowles in terms of who he decides to keep.  In fact, the more I read about Peake, I think I would be shocked if he didn't come in and win a job.  I see Anderson making the PS. 

19 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Well it is a given that usually only an african american call another african american that word with out fear of getting their teeth knocked out lol.  However,  I see young latinos and even some young white kids calling each other "nigga" because they think it is cool and some how gives them some street cred...  smdh.   

Ahh I remember the days they wanted Spic&Span banned..B)

Just now, LIJetsFan said:

With all these new speedy WR types I really don't want Fitz back.  Gono's got the arm.  Let's see if he is finally able to figure out the rest.       

I am with you LIJ; at this point I really do want to see what Geno has got; if starts screwing up, we could make the transition to Hackenburg if the coaches felt that he was ready.   Geno has to be super motivated as this is final year of his contract and will be is audition for starting gig for another team.    

4 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

With all these new speedy WR types I really don't want Fitz back.  Gono's got the arm.  Let's see if he is finally able to figure out the rest.       

I kind of agree with you until I see the first dumb into he throws.  It's like when I play madden, I will throw the ball to anyone right before I get sacked and then get upset after it turns into a pick.

23 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I am not sure Smith will be completely healthy by the start of camp.  I don't think he has anything to worry about this year as he was a 2nd round pick last year and it wasn't his fault he got hurt, just as he was beginning to play better.   However I do agree that both of these guys, assuming as you say, they catch the ball, will put pressure on Bowles in terms of who he decides to keep.  In fact, the more I read about Peake, I think I would be shocked if he didn't come in and win a job.  I see Anderson making the PS. 

It never matters if it is a guys fault he gets hurt or not.  Not Milliners fault he keeps getting hurt but alas h has one foot out the door.  In this league you can get passed very quickly in a teams plans.  Smith is in no danger of being cut or anything but if one of the new guys looks really good smith falls down a notch.  Bowles and Gailey have already shown it does not take much to make a guy have to step aside.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

It never matters if it is a guys fault he gets hurt or not.  Not Milliners fault he keeps getting hurt but alas h has one foot out the door.  In this league you can get passed very quickly in a teams plans.  Smith is in no danger of being cut or anything but if one of the new guys looks really good smith falls down a notch.  Bowles and Gailey have already shown it does not take much to make a guy have to step aside.

Milner was not drafted by Mac and he has been hurt every year of his short career. Smith, is only going into his second season and will get every chance to prove himself; what he does with it will be up to him. I do agree he has some serious competition but if he is not healthy they would probably IR him or something rather than cut him. 

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Actually the small hands tag also applies to Peake yet it didn't seem to effect him much nor did it bother Anderson.  I was reading some comments of Temple fans and they stated that Anderson rarely dropped a pass so they don't know where the hands issue came from.   I don't see where there was any mention of moving him to DB.  He had a very productive career and season as a receiver.  We have plenty of DBs (Burris was just added plus Middleton at safety); we need depth at receiver.  In a game earlier this year Anderson burned 1st round pick William Jackson III pretty badly.  I think he can make an NFL team as a receiver. 

Yeah, the hand size is pretty different between the two though. Peake's are 9 1/4", not too bad. For comparison, Treadwell's hands are 9 1/2".

Anderson's hands are apparently 8 3/8". Reasonably small. Little bigger than Will Fuller (8 1/4") who had a lot of questions on his hands. Ultimately we're kind of quibbling but it's also almost a full inch of difference. Rotoworld was the outlet that had mentioned the potential move to DB. I'm not saying he can't play receiver, just was passing that info along.

58 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

In fact, the more I read about Peake, I think I would be shocked if he didn't come in and win a job.  I see Anderson making the PS. 

Peake is definitely gonna make the roster imo, everything I read about him is he is a very hard worker and is very determined, just got unlucky with that acl, he seems to be over it now though, as he didn't have to wear a brace anymore

32 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Peake is definitely gonna make the roster imo, everything I read about him is he is a very hard worker and is very determined, just got unlucky with that acl, he seems to be over it now though, as he didn't have to wear a brace anymore

yup.  Add to that that until his senior year, there was always a stud WR or two on the Clemson roster ahead of him: Sammy Watkins, DeAndre Hopkins, Martavis Bryant to name a few.  Nice sleeper pick.  I had him pegged to be taken by a team around round 4, plus or minus one.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

yup.  Add to that that until his senior year, there was always a stud WR or two on the Clemson roster ahead of him: Sammy Watkins, DeAndre Hopkins, Martavis Bryant to name a few.  Nice sleeper pick.  I had him pegged to be taken by a team around round 4, plus or minus one.

mccags said today on wfan that peake will compete for a roster spot, he had him ranked considerably higher than the 7th.  so there you go.

38 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'm really hoping he makes the team

35 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

mccags said today on wfan that peake will compete for a roster spot, he had him ranked considerably higher than the 7th.  so there you go.

Hopefully he makes it, he has everything to be the next number 1 after Marshall. He even said he based his game after Marshall 

4 hours ago, JetBlue said:

i teach in high school. then word is super widespread. 

very odd this generation

17 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Peake was projected to go in the third round and Anderson was projected as high as the 5th in some circles and 6 or 7 in others.  The both have very good speed with Anderson actually running 4.28 at his Pro day.   The both stand about 6'3 with Peake being the more solidly built and physical receiver at 209.  Anderson has a more wirey build and is only 190, which is one of the knocks against him. (I think he played at 175 or 180).  I have been watching film on them it is possible that they could both make the team or PS.  

Two 6'3 Receivers with excellent speed, good hands, good route running and production. One was great value in the 7th and other not even drafted.  The Jets revamped Scouting Department is making a believer out of me.

Robby Anderson: (Be warned, the music sucks)

Charone Peake

Macc said today on the Fat Mike show that most 7th round picks are trying to just make the PS, Peake has a real opportunity to be in the rotation.  

4 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I can't remember who the player was, but the Jets drafted some one a few years ago who was actually a preacher, (not Tebow) and had his own ministry.  I watched one of his highlight tapes, and the language was thru the roof vulgar.

LOL, I'm sure he was thrilled about that

58 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

i teach in high school. then word is super widespread. skinny white boys call big black kids n*******. the big black kids dont care.

very odd this generation

N****** not n*******. It shouldnt make a difference but it does. 

Archived