Mac on WFAN there

MetsJets1962

Can't wait until they replace Francesa with Sid Rosenberg and I can eliminate WFAN from my presets altogether.

Is there a better station to listen to. Been listening to it for years. Lots of Mets chat too, I listen to it most days. I like Joe and Evan and Carton can be quite funny at times. As much as Francesa irritates me at times he's a good listen. I was pissed when the Mets left for WOR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, sligoker said:

Funny how fans really think that these GM's are being honest with them and giving the information that to be quite frank, needs to be kept from the public.  Remember he is still in negotiations with Fitz, and he isn't going to throw horrible players like Geno under the bus in public. I do hope that Hackenberg doesn't become his Geno--if thats the case we will be looking for a new GM in a couple of years.

Macc has been pretty clear that Bowles will make the decisions on the pecking order

11 minutes ago, MetsJets1962 said:

Is there a better station to listen to. Been listening to it for years. Lots of Mets chat too, I listen to it most days. I like Joe and Evan and Carton can be quite funny at times. As much as Francesa irritates me at times he's a good listen. I was pissed when the Mets left for WOR

Carton is funny if you were in a frat once and refused to leave because the acid was too good so you actually never left. Joe and Evan are ok in the same way that listening to two guys at the bar argue about sports is interesting until you realize both men are blind and don't really watch sports, but are enthusiastic about the idea of watching sports. Francesa is good when he's engaged with the topic, which had dipped to less than one-tenth of one percent of the time. Richard Neer and Steve Somers are good if you fell for the original Orson Welles broadcast of War of the Worlds and still find long-form radio engrossing, but only because you believe the Internet to be something the Japs invented to distract Americans from remembering the dread crimes of the Axis of Evil.

That said, the alternative is drive-your-car-into-a-bridge-abutment levels of worse.

elway saw himself in lynch and went for it.  end of story.

Saw himself in Lynch? He might have to get behind the guy giving Lynch the tearful backrub when he drafted him, pretty sure that guy was already in Lynch.

Carton is funny if you were in a frat once and refused to leave because the acid was too good so you actually never left. Joe and Evan are ok in the same way that listening to two guys at the bar argue about sports is interesting until you realize both men are blind and don't really watch sports, but are enthusiastic about the idea of watching sports. Francesa is good when he's engaged with the topic, which had dipped to less than one-tenth of one percent of the time. Richard Neer and Steve Somers are good if you fell for the original Orson Welles broadcast of War of the Worlds and still find long-form radio engrossing, but only because you believe the Internet to be something the Japs invented to distract Americans from remembering the dread crimes of the Axis of Evil.

That said, the alternative is drive-your-car-into-a-bridge-abutment levels of worse.

Thanks for the synopsis

8 hours ago, Simijet said:

You do know that ESPN has a station in NY?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/radio/

Kay, Steven A. Racist, and the Mike and Mike Propaganda Machine? They employed Mike Lupica for God's sake.

Yeah, I'll take WFAN any day over ESPN. ESPN is also horrible about taking calls from listeners. Don Lagreca is really good though, to be fair.

Gotta admit, as pompous as he is he was right about the Idzik hire.  From the second he was hired Francesca was bashing the Jets about how the guy's job was booking travel arrangements and only recently got involved in scouting.  It showed for those awful two years.

23 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I had been thinking all along that if the Jets passed on Lynch, I expected AZ to take and groom him to replace Palmer.  In fact,  I would not have been surprised if they (or KC) took Hackenberg in round two, I bet the Mac was thinking along the same lines....

That's what it sounds like to me.  He would have traded down to pick up an additional later pick in anticipation of Hackenberg still being there when the Jets' turn came around again.

10 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Kay, Steven A. Racist, and the Mike and Mike Propaganda Machine? They employed Mike Lupica for God's sake.

Yeah, I'll take WFAN any day over ESPN. ESPN is also horrible about taking calls from listeners. Don Lagreca is really good though, to be fair.

Would love to see Lagreca be Mike's replacement when he hangs em up.But that is the prime $ making slot for advertising, and they may need a much bigger name.They have nobody on the bench. Maybe Dog returns? 

Archived