Jets GM says he's 'excited to see' what Geno Smith can do if he's starting QB

Jet Fan RI

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 9:24 PM, Tinstar said:

The HC told us that Geno would not get his Job back if the team was winning, and that is exactly what happened.

Read between the lines. Reading is fun-da-mental.  It means the FO lost whatever faith they had in Geno.  When a journeyman QB, who was supposed to be nothing more than a clipboard holder takes over the starting QB job, it then turns into ZERO confidence in Geno.  And they 'didn't keep winning' BTW. The Jets went through a bad losing streak from game 6 to 10. They went 1-4.    That would have been the perfect time to do it if you believe in this turd. And it would have been understandable.  The team was crashing. Your so called starting QB, who outplayed your journeyman QB in camp, was ready to take over.  Never did Mac or Bowles blink about pulling Fitz.  And Mac has never even hinted he wants Geno to start in 2016.  He wants Fitz back . Period. Every sound bite this offseason he mentions FITZ coming back.  Next thing he will offer is his first born.  And its clearly evident Mac wants his future QB to take over. He drafts Petty and Hack in Rd 2. He even 'explored' McGowan and Hoyer as a last ditch emergency and I believe will seek others if Fitz refuses to come back.  Stating Geno is the starter is nothing more than bluffing Fitz's hand.  He has to make some statement at this point. He knows Petty isn't ready and Hack probably needs Aaron Rodgers type time (2-3 years) to develop, so he has no other alternative but to name Geno starter. For now.  I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.          

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Powpow said:

Read between the lines.  It means the FO lost whatever faith they had in Geno.  When a journeyman QB, who was supposed to be nothing more than a clipboard holder takes over the starting QB job, it then turns into ZERO confidence in Geno.  And they 'didn't keep winning' BTW. The Jets went through a bad losing streak from game 6 to 10. They went 1-4.    That would have been the perfect time to do it if you believe in this turd. And it would have been understandable.  The team was crashing. Your so called starting QB, who outplayed your journeyman QB, was ready to take over.  Never did Mac or Bowles blink about pulling Fitz.  And Mac has never even hinted he wants Geno to start in 2016.  He wants Fitz back . Period. Every sound bite this offseason he mentions FITZ coming back.  Next thing he will offer is his first born.  And its clearly evident Mac wants his future QB to take over. He drafts Petty and Hack in Rd 2. He even 'explored' McGowan and Hoyer as a last ditch emergency and I believe will seek others if Fitz refuses to come back.  Stating Geno is the starter is nothing more than bluffing Fitz's hand.  He has to make some statement at this point. He knows Petty isn't ready and Hack probably needs Aaron Rodgers type time (2-3 years) to develop, so he has no other alternative but to name Geno starter. For now.  I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.          

when they had fitz have surgery right after the thursday night loss vs buffalo so he wouldn't miss a game, that told you everything you needed to know about how they feel about those 2 qbs.  they simply didn't trust geno in any game (remember he had played 2 weeks prior vs. oakland).  then they draft hack in the 2nd.  

i really don't understand why any geno thread gets so much attention at this point.  mccags didn't draft geno.  he's drafted 2 qbs in the top 4 rounds in 2 drafts.  he does not want geno playing for the jets.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

when they had fitz have surgery right after the thursday night loss vs buffalo so he wouldn't miss a game, that told you everything you needed to know about how they feel about those 2 qbs.  they simply didn't trust geno in any game (remember he had played 2 weeks prior vs. oakland).  then they draft hack in the 2nd.  

i really don't understand why any geno thread gets so much attention at this point.  mccags didn't draft geno.  he's drafted 2 qbs in the top 4 rounds in 2 drafts.  he does not want geno playing for the jets.

Personally, I am aghast that Geno is still on this roster. AGHAST. Cutting him makes a definitive statement which is what I expected of Mac.  Its very disappointing he hasn't axed him. I was aghast he didn't find a more viable option when he took over and traded for Fitz.  No one thought Fitz would even see the playing field, not even Mac. Fitz was nothing more than a mentor.  I was screaming bloody hell when Mac decided to go with Geno in his first year as GM, spent most of the budget on the secondary and handed Revis that ridiculous contract. Mac's made some nice moves but some just have me scratching my head.     

Archived