Buzz: Jets Players Have 'Major' Concerns with Current QB Depth Chart

25 minutes ago, ylekram said:

jetblue is a big boy. he can answer his own questions. he doesnt need you. when he makes statements referring to people not knowing what they are talking about, then his next statement is decker is a pro bowler/ all pro, I want to know what he knows that I missed.

He is pro bowl caliber. Only an idiot would deny that. Opps

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. Decker has had several pro bowl caliber seasons; look it up. to deny that speaks of an agenda. 

your the one who labeled decker as a pro bowl/ all pro receiver. that's what is called talking out of both sides of your mouth

decker is a pro bowl receiver-pro bowl is a popularity contest

I guess decker is not that popular

8 minutes ago, ylekram said:

your the one who labeled decker as a pro bowl/ all pro receiver. that's what is called talking out of both sides of your mouth

No that is you just being a dick. You do that well.... Because  everyone including you realize that while he may not have made a pro bowl, he is excellent receiver and is much closer to being pro bowler as a receiver than Fitz is as a quarterback.  

Eric Decker's Career Stats. 

Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st FUM
2015 New York Jets 15 80 1,027 12.8 68.5 35 12 16 0 60 1

2014 New York Jets 15 74 962 13.0 64.1 74T 5 12 4 47 0

2013 Denver Broncos 16 87 1,288 14.8 80.5 61 11 19 6 63 2

2012 Denver Broncos 16 85 1,064 12.5 66.5 55 13 11 2 52 0

2011 Denver Broncos 16 44 612 13.9 38.2 56T 8 9 2 29 1

2010 Denver Broncos 14 6 106 17.7 7.6 38 1 2 0 4 1

Now go ahead and run along. 

Just now, JetBlue said:

No that is you just being a dick. You do that well.... Because  everyone including you realize that while he may not have made a pro bowl, he is excellent receiver and is much closer to being pro bowler as a receiver than Fitz is as a quarterback.   Now go ahead and run along. 

ya, I'm the dick. you said decker was a pro bowl/ all pro. I asked you when. you come with the insults. keep running your mouth like you some kinda expert. I will keep calling you out on your expert statements. decker is a great #2 receiver. there is a reason he is not a great #1 receiver.

Just now, ylekram said:

ya, I'm the dick. you said decker was a pro bowl/ all pro. I asked you when. you come with the insults. keep running your mouth like you some kinda expert. I will keep calling you out on your expert statements. decker is a great #2 receiver. there is a reason he is not a great #1 receiver.

Yeah you are a dick because you seem to like to play a game of "gotcha".  I was wrong in assuming he made a least one pro bowl in career; he has consistently put up stats that could easily have gotten in invite to Hawaii.  The larger point is and I will capitalize it for you. HE IS MUCH BETTER AT HIS POSITION THE FITZ IS AT HIS.   

6 minutes ago, ylekram said:

only an idiot would call a #2 receiver pro bowl caliber

Really?  Do you realize how stupid that is? Do you realize that Jacksonville has both Allan Robinson and Allen Hurn who are BOTH pro bowl caliber?  There have been plenty of teams throughout NFL history with a # 2 receiver who went to the pro bowl.  Colts did it  a few years ago, as did Atlanta and Green Bay.  The list goes on an on. Only an idiot would not know this. 

1 minute ago, JetBlue said:
1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

Yeah you are a dick because you seem to like to play a game of "gotcha".  I was wrong in assuming he made a least one pro bowl in career; he has consistently put up stats that could easily have gotten in invite to Hawaii.  The larger point is and I will capitalize it for you. HE IS MUCH BETTER AT HIS POSITION THE FITZ IS AT HIS.   

normally I would ignore your ignorant post about decker, but it came right after a " I know more than you" post calling another poster blind for his opinion. I just re-directed the dick-ness

3 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Really?  Do you realize how stupid that is? Do you realize that Jacksonville has both Allan Robinson and Allen Hurn who are BOTH pro bowl caliber?  There have been plenty of teams throughout NFL history with a # 2 receiver who went to the pro bowl.  Colts did it  a few years ago, as did Atlanta and Green Bay.  The list goes on an on. Only an idiot would not know this. 

could allen hurn be a #1 receiver? answer that question and I think you solved the riddle

11 minutes ago, ylekram said:

normally I would ignore your ignorant post about decker, but it came right after a " I know more than you" post calling another poster blind for his opinion. I just re-directed the dick-ness

Dude,  you have serious issues. I have no problem admitting I was wrong ; you STILL refuse to acknowledge the actually point and instead want some how make yourself feel superior because you caught me in a misstatement, fine knock yourself out if that makes you feel better.  This back and forth is really stupid and a waste of time. I am sure anyone else reading this thread got the point.   It was not an I know more than you post it was answer to what is a top 15 (or really top 25 in Fitz case) QB worth.  The point was and is it depends; in the case of Fitz who is a journeyman coming off a career year throwing to an all pro and NEAR pro bowl (is that better?) quality receivers, would not be worth as much as some young stud in first few seasons who has yet to reach his potential.   Why you prefer to focus on the fact that I erred in calling Decker a pro bowler, when he is obvious a very good receiver who has put up pro bowl caliber stats in his career,  just tells me you have some kind of agenda.   

11 minutes ago, ylekram said:

You must be fun at parties....  I didn't call anyone blind; but if someone can't tell the difference between what Brandon Marshall has done over his career at his position and want to compare that to what Fitz has done in his....  I mean do I really have to go on???? 

2 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

No one here is talking about paying Fitz the number he ostensibly is asking for, $16 mil, which is why I said merely more than the $7 mil you referred to yesterday.  To which you focused on my reference to Smith, which was not whining about Smith, as you said it was.  It was clearly a reference to the kind of deal that beyond question would tank several seasons, and was intended as a joke.

Now you want to insult me with your reading for dummies pic, the pic being offensive.  I probably should have left this with we are done here from my previous post, but thanks for making clear what kind of poster you are.  I will not forget it.

For everyone else I do not consider myself a "Fitz fluffer", and would have preferred the FO look harder at some vet options or possible trades than they seem to have.  But I also think there is a lot of too negative takes on Fitz, most seeming to come from Smith Fans who I concededly think are the worst.  So, if me preferring Fitz to SMith makes me a Fitz Fluffer on that basis alone, then I plead guilty.

Even if I am not a Fitz fluffer.

Fascinating.

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

You must be fun at parties....  I didn't call anyone blind; but if someone can't tell the difference between what Brandon Marshall has done over his career at his position and want to compare that to what Fitz has done in his....  I mean do I really have to go on???? 

In the example above, which you quoted - I was not claiming in any way that Marshall is not a great WR, I think his play last year was the best on the team. I was simply trying to counter the "Fitz no playoffs, Fitz sux" mentality that is prevalent around here. Just because you've never made the playoffs, does not mean that you suck - and I used Marshall to exemplify this.

But of course, any attempt to suggest Fitz is anything other than crap is met by ridicule by many posters on this board.

7 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Dude,  you have serious issues. I have no problem admitting I was wrong ; you STILL refuse to acknowledge the actually point and instead want some how make yourself feel superior because you caught me in a misstatement, fine knock yourself out if that makes you feel better.  This back and forth is really stupid and a waste of time. I am sure anyone else reading this thread got the point.   It was not an I know more than you post it was answer to what is a top QB worth.  The point was and is it depends; in the case of Fitz who is a journeyman coming off a career year throwing to an all pro and NEAR pro bowl (is that better?) quality receivers, would not be worth as much as some young stud in first few seasons who has yet to reach his potential.   Why you prefer to focus on the fact that I erred in calling Decker a pro bowler, when he is obvious a very good receiver who has put up pro bowl caliber stats in his career,  just tells me you have some kind of agenda.   

you are coming across as a "can dish it out, but cant take it" kinda guy here. your right. I was being a dick when I responded to your post. were you not being the same kinda dick earlier in this thread? you have made multiple insulting statements just in these past 2 pages. you lighten up and I will lighten up and lets just move along and call it a day. and yes I think eric decker is a great #2 receiver and combined with Brandon marshal, I think the pair would make any qb better

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

And 31 other NFL teams.

So the Browns, Colts, Dolphins, Redskins, Jaguars, Giants, Titans, Cowboys and Patriots all ridiculed a QB they lost to last year?

Please ...

4 minutes ago, jamesr said:

So the Browns, Colts, Dolphins, Redskins, Jaguars, Giants, Titans, Cowboys and Patriots all ridiculed a QB they lost to last year?

Please ...

Outside of the Browns would any of those teams trade their existing QB straight up for Fitz ??

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Outside of the Browns would any of those teams trade their existing QB straight up for Fitz ??

That wasn't the question. The poster above stated that all 31 other teams in the league view Fitz as nothing more than crap. I simply challenged that.

Just now, jamesr said:

That wasn't the question. The poster above stated that all 31 other teams in the league view Fitz as nothing more than crap. I simply challenged that.

I wouldn't say 31 other teams view him as crap, I would say just the QB needy teams view him as to pricey, the others simply don't view him at all. 

Fitz had a very good year last year, but in doing so probably priced himself out of the league. No one is going to pay him what he wants , and at this late stage of the off season not many teams can shoehorn in an 8-9M contract which is what he's really worth. 

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

I wouldn't say 31 other teams view him as crap, I would say just the QB needy teams view him as to pricey, the others simply don't view him at all. 

Fitz had a very good year last year, but in doing so probably priced himself out of the league. No one is going to pay him what he wants , and at this late stage of the off season not many teams can shoehorn in an 8-9M contract which is what he's really worth. 

I think 99% of the people who want fitz back agree with you 100%

1 minute ago, ylekram said:

I think 99% of the people who want fitz back agree with you 100%

Problem is the Jets don't have the 8-9M to give him. At this point they might as well find out what the young group of Qb's have and yes that includes Geno. 

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

I agree completely with this. QB needy teams are usually looking for one of two things - a long term answer whatever the cost, or a cheap stopgap until they find / groom their long term answer.

Fitz is currently neither. He provides the play of a decent stopgap, but is looking for the $$$ of the long term answer. Hence the stalemate. And the level of play isn't going to increase between now and training camp, so the only moveable variable is the $$$.

8 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Problem is the Jets don't have the 8-9M to give him. At this point they might as well find out what the young group of Qb's have and yes that includes Geno. 

this is where I disagree and I think the gm does too. if they thought petty was ready, they wouldn't have drafted hack and would not be still pursuing fitz. if they thought geno was the man, they wouldn't still be pursuing fitz..fitz isn't in the long term plans, but he is a competent stop gap qb, who last year, proved to play mostly well. he is a good insurance policy at $8m.

I would like nothing more than to have the jets sign fitz and then have geno snatch the job from him and go onto be the qb idzik envisioned when he drafted him. that's just too big a risk without the insurance policy. if geno cant do that, fitz can win games till something better comes along/developes. remember, the jets are coming off a 10 win season. seeing what the young guys have could be disastrous.

36 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

What does that have to do with him being crap? 

Would they rather have Fitz to win a game, or their backup?

Fitz isn't a great starter, and he has no future, but anyone that thinks he's crap hasn't been watching Jets' football very long. 

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

In the example above, which you quoted - I was not claiming in any way that Marshall is not a great WR, I think his play last year was the best on the team. I was simply trying to counter the "Fitz no playoffs, Fitz sux" mentality that is prevalent around here. Just because you've never made the playoffs, does not mean that you suck - and I used Marshall to exemplify this.

But of course, any attempt to suggest Fitz is anything other than crap is met by ridicule by many posters on this board.

Fair enough but to make the comparison to Marshall is not fair... To Fitz. Marshall is borderline first ballot hall of famer; playoffs or no playoffs. Fitz is a journeyman quarterback that until last year never won more than 6 games in his 10 year career.  Doesnt mean he sucks; he just is who he is.

1 hour ago, ylekram said:

this is where I disagree and I think the gm does too. if they thought petty was ready, they wouldn't have drafted hack and would not be still pursuing fitz. if they thought geno was the man, they wouldn't still be pursuing fitz..fitz isn't in the long term plans, but he is a competent stop gap qb, who last year, proved to play mostly well. he is a good insurance policy at $8m.

I would like nothing more than to have the jets sign fitz and then have geno snatch the job from him and go onto be the qb idzik envisioned when he drafted him. that's just too big a risk without the insurance policy. if geno cant do that, fitz can win games till something better comes along/developes. remember, the jets are coming off a 10 win season. seeing what the young guys have could be disastrous.

Say you are right, and Geno can't hack it, and Fitz wins us 8 games, where does that put the Jets?  I'd rather the ship sink with Geno in his last year, and win 4 games, and get a top 5 pick.  I know it's not a popular opinion.  But if you believe like I do that Fitz can't get you over that hump into the playoffs the Jets really have no play, but to find out if Geno, or one of the kids can elevate their game.

Don't want to argue over the opinion of Fitz being able to get this current roster to the playoffs this year thou, just making a blanket statement, and will respect yours if you disagree, the arguments are getting out of control.

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

What does that have to do with him being crap? 

Would they rather have Fitz to win a game, or their backup?

Fitz isn't a great starter, and he has no future, but anyone that thinks he's crap hasn't been watching Jets' football very long. 

He's the best crap QB we've had in awhile. 

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

And 31 other NFL teams.

Fitz in his last six quarters against Titans...9 TD's 0 INT's and a 2-0 record - a nearly historic ass-whipping. In fact, they sucked so bad after they got rid of Fitz that they stumbled into Mariotta. Must have been pretty embarrassing for Titans fans to sit through those games against Fitz. Now Fitz needs to figure out the Bills...Fitz is still 12-5 in his last 17 NFL starts, and 12-3 against teams not coached by Rex (0-2). Go figure.

15 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Fitz in his last six quarters against Titans...9 TD's 0 INT's and a 2-0 record - a nearly historic ass-whipping. In fact, they sucked so bad after they got rid of Fitz that they stumbled into Mariotta. Must have been pretty embarrassing for Titans fans to sit through those games against Fitz. Now Fitz needs to figure out the Bills...Fitz is still 12-5 in his last 17 NFL starts, and 12-3 against teams not coached by Rex (0-2). Go figure.

He knows what he's doing. He just can't always do it. He's better than what many teams have, but he's never the future. He puts GMs in a tough spot of keeping them from developing QBs, or getting high draft picks. 

I'd say a lot coaches have fought with GMs about him. The GMs always win which is why he's on a different team every year, but always starts.

We really have no options right now so we'd love to have him, just not for more than borderline starter's money.  

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

LOL. I got the world by the balls. But if it keeps you from jumping off a roof or something, believe whatever helps you get through the day....

You're sexual preferences have nothing to do with this.......

Archived