Tom Brady, NFLPA granted extension for rehearing request

Jetfan13

54 minutes ago, BaumerJet said:

All cases submitted to the US supreme Court are based on CONSTITUTIONAL LEGALITIES. That is what it was created for.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

That's either circular (because the US Supreme Court's power originates in the Constitution so everything it does is "constitutional" to some degree) or just plain wrong.  Unless Article III, Section 2 of the Constitution has changed since I was in law school.  

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's either circular (because the US Supreme Court's power originates in the Constitution so everything it does is "constitutional" to some degree) or just plain wrong.  Unless Article III, Section 2 of the Constitution has changed since I was in law school.  

Then I guess you did not study well on Constitutional law because they were established to review judgement based solely on the views as established by the amendments of the US Constitution.

The Supreme Court is the final judge in all cases involving laws of Congress, and the highest law of all — the Constitution. TheSupreme Court, however, is far from all-powerful. Its power is limited by the other two branches of government. The President nominates justices to the court.

The Role of the Supreme Court | Scholastic.com

Article III of the Constitution establishes the federal judiciary. Article III, Section I states that "The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish." Although the Constitution establishes the Supreme Court, it permits Congress to decide how to organize it. Congress first exercised this power in the Judiciary Act of 1789. This Act created a Supreme Court with six justices. It also established the lower federal court system.

http://www.uscourts.gov/about-federal-courts/educational-resources/about-educational-outreach/activity-resources/about

ALSO, YOU FORGOT ARTICLE III SECTION II'S establishment of what can be heard...

Article III, Section II of the Constitution establishes the jurisdiction (legal ability to hear a case) of the Supreme Court. The Court has original jurisdiction (a case is tried before the Court) over certain cases, e.g., suits between two or more states and/or cases involving ambassadors and other public ministers. The Court has appellate jurisdiction (the Court can hear the case on appeal) on almost any other case that involves a point of constitutional and/or federal law. Some examples include cases to which the United States is a party, cases involving Treaties, and cases involving ships on the high seas and navigable waterways (admiralty cases).

Cases

5 minutes ago, BaumerJet said:

The Supreme Court is the final judge in all cases involving laws of Congress, and the highest law of all — the Constitution. TheSupreme Court, however, is far from all-powerful. Its power is limited by the other two branches of government. The President nominates justices to the court.

rticle III of the Constitution establishes the federal judiciary. Article III, Section I states that "The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish." Although the Constitution establishes the Supreme Court, it permits Congress to decide how to organize it. Congress first exercised this power in the Judiciary Act of 1789. This Act created a Supreme Court with six justices. It also established the lower federal court system.

http://www.uscourts.gov/about-federal-courts/educational-resources/about-educational-outreach/activity-resources/about

None of this addresses your misinterpretation of the authority of SCOTUS. 

38 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You don't have to be a lawyer to understand legal procedures which is all he's talking about. And legal clerks actually know a lot. 

While that may be true this clerk is wrong on both procedural and substantive law. 

12 minutes ago, BaumerJet said:

The Supreme Court is the final judge in all cases involving laws of Congress, and the highest law of all — the Constitution. TheSupreme Court, however, is far from all-powerful. Its power is limited by the other two branches of government. The President nominates justices to the court.

Right.  Even this snippet from an elementary-school primer contradicts what you said.  As a reminder, what you said was "All cases submitted to the US supreme Court are based on CONSTITUTIONAL LEGALITIES."  

The bolded language above provides one counter-example.  In the case of Deflategate, the "law of Congress" involved is the Labor Management Relations Act.  

Archived