Jalin Marshall

KRL

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to come back to these threads in the middle or at the end of next year and see how many of these types of guys (WRs Robby Anderson and Charone Peake,, Jalin Marshall and our UDFA punter Tom Hackett) actually made it.  Marshall seems impressive (maybe a punt/kick returner?) as does Hackett (who looks like he could be a pro bowler).

16 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Reminds me of Jarvis Landry. Tough!

Tough to be Landry from a hands standpoint and I think Marshall is new to the position...but this is a good call. Movement skills, quick, not that fast in a straight line but well built and won't get knocked off anything. I like it. Nice.

4 minutes ago, derp said:

Tough to be Landry from a hands standpoint and I think Marshall is new to the position...but this is a good call. Movement skills, quick, not that fast in a straight line but well built and won't get knocked off anything. I like it. Nice.

Landry ran a 4.77 and is an inch taller than Marshall who ran a 4.6.

Obviously, Landry has made his mark in the league, but watching Marshall bounce off guys and fight through arm tackles and keep his balance..... a guy can hope, right?

Landry is such an excellent Punt Returner.... hope this guy or someone else can fill the void.

18 minutes ago, pointman said:

We sure are collecting a good amount of OSU players. Dri Archer is not impressed. JK. I hope Marshall shines.

I wonder if Urban Myer is MacDaddy's version of the Bellicheat/Saban Pipeline?

Maybe he gets some inside info from Urban on his players.

Urban and Saban hate each other.... maybe Urban wants the same NFL glamour treatment that Saban gets?

As others have said KRL I always click on a thread you have started as I always know there'll be valuable info or a well thought through opinion.

as for Marshall/Kerley I'm obviously in the minority in recognising the value in a Punt Returner who never turns the ball over which is exactly what JK was, he was rock solid under the ball, contrast that with the myriad KR's with tried in the last few years (Powell, Saunders! Smith)who've been dumped after fumbling away or dropping kicks after a handful of reps in game situations. Priority number 1 is you need a reliable pair of hands fielding the ball and for all the criticism of his lack of splash plays and the many fair catches ask yourself when was the last time you worried about us muffing or dropping a punt?

that said Marshall looks fantastic(as with Peake and Anderson I'm wondering how the hell these guys go undrafted)but then these UDFA's and late rounders always look good in May and June  but once training camp starts, reality kicks in. Really hoping that one of Marshall, Peake or Anderson can prove to be a hidden gem. 

3 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

The New York Buckeyes

How does a kid with moves and hands like this not get drafted?

1) because they had a bunch of better Wrs who he sat behind.

2) because it is a highlight reel so it doesnt show you his bad plays?

He reminds me of Lavereous Coles. Runs like a running back with a very strong base & balance when he cuts. You can tell he's not afraid of contact which I believe is Devin Smiths issue, other than not having a starting QB who actually throw to match his speed.

22 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I hate to be mr. negitivity but every player looks good on their highlight reel. Im not expecting him much but hopefully he surprises me.

Agreed.  They all look good in the highlights.  I would imagine there's a reason these types of guys were either undrafted or drafted late. But yet I'm still a sucker for this stuff.  I could see this guy being a good KR/PR and 4th WR. 

Agreed.  They all look good in the highlights.  I would imagine there's a reason these types of guys were either undrafted or drafted late. But yet I'm still a sucker for this stuff.  I could see this guy being a good KR/PR and 4th WR. 

I couldn't see him beating out d.Smith or thompkins honestly but if he turns out to be a decent punt and kick returner we haven't had one of those since Joe mcknight

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Do you know the percentage of UDFA's who actually make the final NFL roster?

Sure, there have been a few UDFA's who have gone on to have very good NFL careers, but the reality is the vast majority are nothing more than training camp fodder.

There is a reason why they are UDFA's in the first place.

29 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I hate to be mr. negitivity but every player looks good on their highlight reel. Im not expecting him much but hopefully he surprises me.

That's why you watch the game tape instead so you can see the prospects success and failures and judge for yourself .  It's also a better idea to watch the prospect against better competition instead of the "weak sisters" they often play at the college level . Try a game the team lost . 

My brother-in-law is a big time OSU fan (and alum). He absolutely loves this guy. Says a lot of people feel if he stayed one more year in Columbus to refine his skills a little more, he could have been a high pick in next year's draft. Fans were very disappointed that he left this year.

He's a Percy Harvin type of RB/WR tweener. 

Archived