Jalin Marshall

KRL

21 hours ago, flgreen said:

He might not have to beat out Devin Smith.  There's an excellent chance Smith starts the season on 8 game IR, with no camp again this year

Why do you say this about Smith?

I only ask because all off season I have been looking for information on Smith and I haven't heard one word about his rehab and I was concerned that he wouldn't be ready for the season. 

What I find interesting also is our beat writers are in general so lazy that not one of them asked a question concerning Smith this off season as far as I can tell. 

Thanks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, JiF said:

If his skills were similar to Percy Harvin, would he be a UDFA? 

And he didnt play a similar role to Harvin.  He had 2 rushing attempts on the entire season.  Percy had 70 his senior year. 

Dont know why you got so salty...was just a bit of a stretch to compare him to Percy.  Jeez. 

I never compared him. I said he was a similar hybrid type of player. Not a stretch at all.

And last season he wasn't going to get many carries with Zeke Elliot on the team. But the reason OSU fans wanted him to stay another year in school was because his role was going to be expanded. He's raw, so another year in college would have allowed him to develop more and increase his chances of being drafted in 2017.

I'm salty because I'm always right, and you dared to challenge me. ?

9 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Why do you say this about Smith?

I only ask because all off season I have been looking for information on Smith and I haven't heard one word about his rehab and I was concerned that he wouldn't be ready for the season. 

What I find interesting also is our beat writers are in general so lazy that not one of them asked a question concerning Smith this off season as far as I can tell. 

Thanks

Pure speculation Charlie.  From what I've read, this type knee surgery takes about 6 months for a regular person to have normal mobility.   9 months to a year for a football  player to get back where he was.  Unfortunately for Smith he hurt in very late in the season.  

Like I said pure speculation,  If he isn't 100%, and they want to give one of the other young WR's they have in camp a good look, it makes a lot of sense to partial IR him.

8 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I never compared him. I said he was a similar hybrid type of player. Not a stretch at all.

And last season he wasn't going to get many carries with Zeke Elliot on the team. But the reason OSU fans wanted him to stay another year in school was because his role was going to be expanded. He's raw, so another year in college would have allowed him to develop more and increase his chances of being drafted in 2017.

I'm salty because I'm always right, and you dared to challenge me. ?

The Gators had a ton of guys to take carries from Percy but they didnt because Percy was the most dynamic player in the history of the program.  

That's probably why I had a problem with the comparison, even though it wasnt a comparison.  

5 hours ago, flgreen said:

Pure speculation Charlie.  From what I've read, this type knee surgery takes about 6 months for a regular person to have normal mobility.   9 months to a year for a football  player to get back where he was.  Unfortunately for Smith he hurt in very late in the season.  

Like I said pure speculation,  If he isn't 100%, and they want to give one of the other young WR's they have in camp a good look, it makes a lot of sense to partial IR him.

Thanks!!

I have the same exact feelings as you!

Archived