• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

You are correct sir!

Rib eye or Porterhouse with tail on.

#1 & #2 favs.

Whichever one is in front of me is #1.

Porterhouse is a new york strip(shell steak), and a filet mignon. If you like a porterhouse without seasoning then you would also like a filet.

Ribeyes, and T Bones are similar, and maybe the inbetween of a strip, and a filet. 

2 hours ago, JetPotato said:

London broil and filet mignon should be marinated. One would be too tough otherwise and filet is utterly devoid of flavor.

A rib-eye, however stands on its own.

That's because of the way they cook filets. If you flame broil it it has good flavor. 

You could also sautee it in butter and garlic which is nice. 

2 hours ago, JetPotato said:

London broil and filet mignon should be marinated. One would be too tough otherwise and filet is utterly devoid of flavor.

A rib-eye, however stands on its own.

Couldn't disagree more. Filet mignon is delicious when completely unadulterated by any foreign substances (and cooked rare, of course). And ribeye has to be the worst steak going (apart from chuck). Ribeye is half fat! The almost complete absence of fat on filet mignon is what makes it the best steak going! 

13 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

That's because of the way they cook filets. If you flame broil it it has good flavor. 

You could also sautee it in butter and garlic which is nice. 

It's actually because of fat content. Filet is from the tenderloin, which is very lean. Fat = flavor. It's why most add oil or butter when preparing it.

9 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Couldn't disagree more. Filet mignon is delicious when completely unadulterated by any foreign substances (and cooked rare, of course). And ribeye has to be the worst steak going (apart from chuck). Ribeye is half fat! The almost complete absence of fat on filet mignon is what makes it the best steak going! 

Fat is flavor. Sounds to me that you underestimate how much you value texture. 

Do you prefer your food heavily salted or less salted?

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

Fat is flavor. Sounds to me that you underestimate how much you value texture. 

Do you prefer your food heavily salted or less salted?

Fat does add flavor. But I find it to be a bad flavor. And the texture of fat I find to be rather disagreeable. Also, fat is rather unhealthy to consume. Don't mean to sound preachy, but eating fat can get you a heart attack. And finally, filet mignon is almost diet food. Very low in calories. It's a great choice if you're trying to knock off some pounds. Not so with ribeye. The fat content drives the calories through the roof.

As for salt, I never add any. The salt content of most foods is already more than enough for me.

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

Brady misses the first four, comes back and pulls a hammy in his second game. He misses another 3 games. 

You heard it here first.

I thought that exact same thing when I heard of Brandys suspension.

12 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Last year was the beginning of the end MMokay. 

1-3 to start the season. Garoppolo is going to be a failure, and it's a glimpse into your future.

Brady sits on the couch 1/4 of his last good year, and in the tub another 1/4. 

One more year of subpar play after that and he'll hang them up. This suspension ruins this year, and ruins the end of Brady's career, and his legacy.

Couldn't happen to a better guy, and he brought it upon himself. 

For who?  Brady?  He had one of his best seasons despite missing Edelman for 7 games, losing Lewis for 9 games, losing Gronk and Amendola for a couple of games, ineffective LaFell and Chandler, no runing game and an OL that was missing its top two tackles among many assorted injuries.

Brady is obviously closer to the end than the beginning of his career, but he did not show any signs he is regressing yet. 

8 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Fat does add flavor. But I find it to be a bad flavor. And the texture of fat I find to be rather disagreeable. Also, fat is rather unhealthy to consume. Don't mean to sound preachy, but eating fat can get you a heart attack. And finally, filet mignon is almost diet food. Very low in calories. It's a great choice if you're trying to knock off some pounds. Not so with ribeye. The fat content drives the calories through the roof.

As for salt, I never add any. The salt content of most foods is already more than enough for me.

To each his own. I suspected that you weren't a heavy salt user. Filet definitely works for those who prefer a smoother, softer texture. You're right about the health aspect, but I don't care much for that. I do eat it not very often, but to me, I see it as a balance - and when I want to enjoy one, I go with the one heavy on flavor. I salt heavily; I'm what is known as a supertaster.

32 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

For who?  Brady?  He had one of his best seasons despite missing Edelman for 7 games, losing Lewis for 9 games, losing Gronk and Amendola for a couple of games, ineffective LaFell and Chandler, no runing game and an OL that was missing its top two tackles among many assorted injuries.

Brady is obviously closer to the end than the beginning of his career, but he did not show any signs he is regressing yet. 

Can we stay on topic?

This is now about meat, not meat packers.

6 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

To each his own. I suspected that you weren't a heavy salt user. Filet definitely works for those who prefer a smoother, softer texture. You're right about the health aspect, but I don't care much for that. I do eat it not very often, but to me, I see it as a balance - and when I want to enjoy one, I go with the one heavy on flavor. I salt heavily; I'm what is known as a supertaster.

It's not that I don't like spices. I love to put hot red pepper on pizza at the pizza joint, and I put hot sauce on slices I eat at home. But spicing an expensive, fine piece of meat is akin to using an expensive alcohol as a mixer in a cocktail. A waste, in my view. For example, a Black Russian made with cheap vodka and a Kahlua knockoff tastes just as good as one made with Grey Goose and Kahlua. Save the Goose for a martini, where it is meant to be.

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Had dinner with him a few years ago.

The bite marks from when I reached acroos the table for the salt shaker are just now beginning to fade.

He must have thought you were going for the butter.

53 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

His hair plugs beg to differ.

On 5/5/2016 at 5:23 PM, Jet Fan RI said:

Nah. Eating an unadulterated piece of rare steak is the way to go! Give me a filet over a burger any day.

I dont care for rare steak, a TINY bit pink is ok, but not rare.

Tastes like canned catfood if it aint cooked right.

1 minute ago, BUM-KNEE said:

It's  an acquired taste, like black coffee, which is the only way to drink it. Once you"get" black coffee, you never go back. Same with rare steaks.

5 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

It's  an acquired taste, like black coffee, which is the only way to drink it. Once you"get" black coffee, you never go back. Same with rare steaks.

Poopyness!

Black coffee tastes like something used to strip wax off the floor. Coffee needs creamer and sugar, so it tastes like a liquid orgasm.

3 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Agreed. I prefer steak well done any day. 

Those trendy raw in the center Umami burgers are horrible. 

Rotisserie chicken tastes fabulous on the burnt side. 

Rotisserie chicken tastes fabulous on the burnt side. 

I thought I was the only person who felt this way.

Under cooked and barely cooked chicken taste terrible. Too chewy and flavorless.

I always grill my chicken with a burnt crust on the outside.

I use boned-in (rotisserie or boned-in breasts) when grilling. Cooking the boneless breasts are a waste of time.

On 5/8/2016 at 11:35 AM, NYs Stepchild said:

Porterhouse is a new york strip(shell steak), and a filet mignon. If you like a porterhouse without seasoning then you would also like a filet.

Ribeyes, and T Bones are similar, and maybe the inbetween of a strip, and a filet. 

Sure thing. Tail on as I called it, means with filet still attached.

Porterhouse is the King of Steaks.

• 2 weeks later...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15674493/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-files-appeal-court-decision-upheld-four-game-suspension-deflategate

Tom Brady to ask for second hearing at 2nd Circuit

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady will appeal Monday for a second hearing by the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in regard to his four-game Deflategate suspension imposed by the NFL.

NFL Players Association attorney Theodore B. Olson told ABC News on Monday morning in an interview aired on "Good Morning America" that they plan to file the appeal later Monday.

"The facts here are so drastic and so apparent that the court should rehear it," Olson told ABC News.

The court upheld Brady's suspension in a 2-1 decision April 25, deciding that commissioner Roger Goodell's discipline was properly grounded in the collective bargaining agreement and that Brady was treated fairly.

Brady will appeal en banc, asking the entire panel of the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to participate in the hearing. Seven of the 13 judges would have to agree that an en banc session is the right decision before a hearing is held.

If the en banc session isn't granted, Brady could take his case to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Monday is the final day for Brady and his legal team to file an appeal after they received a two-week extension from the initial May 9 deadline.

The NFLPA added Olson to its legal team defending Brady days after the court's ruling. Olson has argued 62 cases in the Supreme Court, including the two Bush v. Gore cases arising out of the 2000 presidential election. He has prevailed in more than 75 percent of those arguments.

Olson also represented the NFLPA during the 2011 labor negotiations.

"Our two primary arguments are that the commissioner in the first place conducted an investigation and then the commissioner imposed discipline. Then the commissioner appointed himself as an appellate judge or an arbitrator and then decided something new in the appellate process, abandoning the grounds that were the original basis for the supposed discipline," Olson told ABC News. "That's No. 1, and an appellate judge is supposed to look at the record and make a decision on the basis of what happened before. He departed from what happened before. Secondly he ignored important provisions of the CBA about discipline that might be imposed for equipment violations. He departed from that completely and went off the track."

In requesting the two-week extension, Brady's legal team wrote that the decision "raises significant labor law issues that could have far-reaching consequences for all employees subject to collective bargaining agreements."

If Brady is suspended for the first four games of 2016, he would miss games against the Arizona Cardinals, Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans and Buffalo Bills. He would be eligible to make his regular-season debut in Week 5 against the Cleveland Browns.

Brady signed a two-year contract extension during the offseason that dropped his 2016 salary from $9 million to $1 million. That could save Brady almost $2 million in lost salary during a four-game suspension.

Archived