Did Hackenberg Throw Coach and Teammates Under the Bus?

Villain The Foe

Did Hackenberg Throw Coach and Teammates Under the Bus?   

87 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Christian Hackenberg threw his coach/teammates under the bus and violated trust?

We've all heard about Hackenberg allegedly turning off some NFL teams during his interviews when asked about the reason behind his decline in college. For those who dont know about this...here you go.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25531058/report-hackenberg-blames-franklin-for-his-struggles-at-penn-state

I'd like to know what do you guys think about this? Do you think Hackenberg should have kept that situation in house/in the past and not have said anything (if true). Did he cross the line and broke "the unwritten rule" of the locker room and coaching staff/front office at Penn by his actions?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a problem with it.  Watch the tape.  Anyone with eyes knows that Hackenburg had NO o-line, especially this past year.  My main takeaway from the film was that I'd really like to see what he can do if he had time to throw.

well even though he may of been telling the truth, No one wants to see a guy throw his coaches and teammates under the bus.

He should of just transferred out if he was gonna start chopping lip when he was headed for the NFL.

And S Pauline said that he heard from a number of FOs that Hackenberg took the blame for what happened at Penn state.  

All I know is the kid could have left the school, by rule, and decided to stick it out and honor his word.  After lighting it up under O'Brien he get stuck with Franklin and the first thing the idiot does is take away the offense that his QB flourished in and implement an offense that there was no way Hackenberg would fit.  A no read offense that takes away everything the kid excels at.  So he can be in complete control 

Youre interviewing for the rest of your life, your struggles are attributable to a moron of a HC and youre supposed to abide by amorte and fall on your sword if asked?  Why?

2 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

I don't have a problem with it.  Watch the tape.  Anyone with eyes knows that Hackenburg had NO o-line, especially this past year.  My main takeaway from the film was that I'd really like to see what he can do if he had time to throw.

you dont have a problem with your NFL quarterback chopping lip? what if he said some sh*t about Bowles and Chan? What if started throwing Nick under the bus? What if Peake or one of the other future receivers drops a pass and in his post game conference he starts chopping up some more lip? would you like him chopping lip then?

No he answered honestly.  He was criticized left and right these last few years and I am sure he is tired of being the fall guy for everything.  He is Jet now and I could care less about PSU.

4 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

well even though he may of been telling the truth, No one wants to see a guy throw his coaches and teammates under the bus.

He should of just transferred out if he was gonna start chopping lip when he was headed for the NFL.

Gotta disagree. He spoke the truth and he has taken responsibility for his play on numerous occasions.

Just now, JetBlue said:

Gotta disagree. He spoke the truth and he has taken responsibility for his play on numerous occasions.

Of course he has, but no one wants to actually hear him chopping lip on his teammates and coaches, that's just a sign of leadership.

Throwing someone under the bus and telling the truth are not the same thing. Looks like to most people Hack spoke the truth. **** people's feelings, we're dealing with millions of dollars, someone ELSE'S livelihood. 

7 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

you dont have a problem with your NFL quarterback chopping lip? what if he said some sh*t about Bowles and Chan? What if started throwing Nick under the bus? What if Peake or one of the other future receivers drops a pass and in his post game conference he starts chopping up some more lip? would you like him chopping lip then?

Finally someone that makes sense. Hackenberg should of shut up and move on.

16 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

We've all heard about Hackenberg allegedly turning off some NFL teams during his interviews when asked about the reason behind his decline in college. For those who dont know about this...here you go.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25531058/report-hackenberg-blames-franklin-for-his-struggles-at-penn-state

I'd like to know what do you guys think about this? Do you think Hackenberg should have kept that situation in house/in the past and not have said anything (if true). Did he cross the line and broke "the unwritten rule" of the locker room and coaching staff/front office at Penn by his actions?

You never want to look like you are "passing the buck" especially a QB. He has to look into the camera and take it like a man. Hackenberg did not and it made him look bad, but I think the kid is smart enough to learn and he will have to in the NY media crucible.

12 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Some sources say he did, and some say he didn't. I'd say this is subjective from what I heard of Gruden. Sounds like he was trying to explain what happened to his game without actually saying it was anyone's fault. 

How do you say you were coached to do something wrong without blaming the coach? I think it's a trap question.

Speaking the truth is what it's all about, if someone on the Jets screws up, be it Gailey or Bowles, there are occasions

where a leader steps up and calls the out, sounds like Hack's a leader and not a mouse.

I don't know what he really said or if it was the coaching staff and his teammates fault that he regressed. We've all heard stories about his O-line. Were they really that bad? And that after O'Brien left he wasn't coached up the way Bill did with him. All I know is that James Franklin is a pretty good coach and did a good job at Vanderbilt a difficult program to win at. They are in the SEC and most seasons have not been competitive. Based on what I've seen of him he does not look like a ball of fire on the field. But I reserve judgment and obviously Mac and Gailey think he can be a starter in the league. 

If he was the type of person to throw people under the bus to save his own ass, he wouldve done so while he was still in school. In the height of frustration wouldve been the perfect time...ya know somewhere in the 50 range of the 100 something sacks in a 2 year span. Kid told the truth, and tried to slightly slow the slide in the draft and as a result $$$ lost he was facing. 

Nothing to see here.

What do expect from a 5 star high school recruit who was playing like a 1 star.  Stop throwing everyone under the bus and get drafted and begin your professional career and begin a new chapter in your life.  Hopefully for our sakes it works out.

If you watch the Gruden thing, Gruden implies that Hack was playing football on an asphalt field in Beirut, coached by a lobotomized composite of Ray Handley and Paul Hackett, while facing a firing squad and a gang of teen werewolf rapists. Hackenberg's response to all of it was to pause, look misty-eyed, and mention how proud he was of his survival skills. If he pulls that sh*t in an NFL locker room, he's a dead man walking.

It's a tough spot...what is the guy supposed to say...I sucked. He was in a tough spot at Penn State. In no way should he have taken all the responsibility for what went wrong. He apparently owned up to some things, but also justifiably defended himself and implied he could perform better in an ideal situation. I think he probably took some responsibility, but also showed confidence in his ability and defended himself. You want a guy that can own up to his mistakes, but also has high expectations for his teammates and is not afraid to call them out if necessary, as long as he is fair and takes personal accountability as well. Part of being a confident leader.

35 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't know what he really said or if it was the coaching staff and his teammates fault that he regressed. We've all heard stories about his O-line. Were they really that bad? And that after O'Brien left he wasn't coached up the way Bill did with him. All I know is that James Franklin is a pretty good coach and did a good job at Vanderbilt a difficult program to win at. They are in the SEC and most seasons have not been competitive. Based on what I've seen of him he does not look like a ball of fire on the field. But I reserve judgment and obviously Mac and Gailey think he can be a starter in the league. 

yea, penn's oline was that bad. bad as bad gets

50 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Of course he has, but no one wants to actually hear him chopping lip on his teammates and coaches, that's just a sign of leadership.

Coming from someone who screams for Geno to start, preaching about leadership..... Can't make it up. You were better when you were banned, your a no good troll

54 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

No a sign of leadership is staying and taking all that crap when he could have bailed out and improved his draft position and made himself a whole lot more money.  I am more impressed with that and not worried about any hurt feelings; fools cost the dude a ton of green. 

When I hear the coach and offensive lineman apologize for practically ruining his college career, I will worry about their feelings. 

Why is it that when someone tells the truth when questioned, it's considered a bad thing in today's society . IMHO, 2 of the worst things in life are folks who lie and folks who steal . Those 2 things encompasses  many facets.

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

"I'm undraftable. Please move on - I'm hideous, look away!" - much better response.

This. 

For those bashing him,  you should know that psu fired their offensive coordinator after the season. 

Hackenberg was honest.  The one thing he is,  is a really good kid.  He could have transferred after psu was sanctioned but he stood by his teammates.  He was more of a man at 18 than most of us are at 30, 40, 50 etc....

10 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Coming from someone who screams for Geno to start, preaching about leadership..... Can't make it up. You were better when you were banned, your a no good troll

DoucheMovement ... you do nothing but bicker, attack others, and derail threads with your unfunny, infantile, witless garbage.

YOU should've been banned a LONG time ago. 

8 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Ended up being a 6th, just FYI because Fitz played so well. When Fitz got injured, they rushed him back and didn't even give Geno a second glance. They drafted a QB in the 2nd round this year and have openly opined to get Fitz back. There is a pattern.

Geno was the "starter" in name only because Fitz was still recovering from an injury. Geno was never going to start. And he never should for this team again. 

Dude I really don't care; Geno is not the future and probably not the present. However, he could very well be under center come September; if that happens I just hope your head doesn't explode.  For the record I am all in on Hack for 2017; this entire season is basically a throwaway season to me until we have our Franchise QB.  

18 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Hey dumbass, I don't want geno smish*t to start, that's the first part of where you were wrong, with your dumbass 

Archived