Did Hackenberg Throw Coach and Teammates Under the Bus?

Villain The Foe

Did Hackenberg Throw Coach and Teammates Under the Bus?   

87 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Christian Hackenberg threw his coach/teammates under the bus and violated trust?

8 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Why is it that when someone tells the truth when questioned, it's considered a bad thing in today's society . IMHO, 2 of the worst things in life are folks who lie and folks who steal . Those 2 things encompasses  many facets.

I swear I really don't understand this mentality at all.  Btw I guess you really hate Politicians and Lawyers... 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He should of taken the high road, he'd probably be well advised to stay away from that topic in the future. It's really not an issue, and he seems like a nice enough kid. I'm more concerned about his game film then what he thinks of his coach.

1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

Dude I really don't care; Geno is not the future and probably not the present. However, he could very well be under center come September; if that happens I just hope your head doesn't explode.  For the record I am all in on Hack for 2017; this entire season is basically a throwaway season to me until we have our Franchise QB.  

Geno being the starting QB in September wouldn't make my head explode. It would make me question the coaching staff and front office, unless it's an intentional tank job. It would also free up my Sundays. Unlike some here, I don't like to watch the same movie over and over again. Ending is stale. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Geno being the starting QB in September wouldn't make my head explode. It would make me question the coaching staff and front office, unless it's an intentional tank job. It would also free up my Sundays. Unlike some here, I don't like to watch the same movie over and over again. Ending is stale. 

Whatever Man, whatever. 

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

He should of taken the high road, he'd probably be well advised to stay away from that topic in the future. It's really not an issue, and he seems like a nice enough kid. I'm more concerned about his game film then what he thinks of his coach.

He is an 21 year old kid, I know we think everyone should have the wisdom of the ages, but I can only imagine what some of us might have said at that age.  I agree he will probably be advised to skirt or avoid the issue going forward.  I am more concerned about where he is NOW after working out with Jordan Palmer these last few months than his "tape" or game film.  

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

This is probably your best post, but you brought the argument into the wrong thread. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. 

Thanks. Better than your "Geno sucks" routine. May you rot in hell, just kidding. 

8 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

He is an 21 year old kid, I know we think everyone should have the wisdom of the ages, but I can only imagine what some of us might have said at that age.  I agree he will probably be advised to skirt or avoid the issue going forward.  I am more concerned about where he is NOW after working out with Jordan Palmer these last few months than his "tape" or game film.  

I agree, it's not an issue.

In the end it  will only matter where he's at.  Jordan Palmer?  Really?

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/07/christian-hackenberg-penn-state-nfl-draft

Two weeks ago The MMQB’s Robert Klemko reported that two personnel sources told him Hackenberg had shifted blame to Franklin when their teams asked about his declining production his sophomore and junior seasons. But four high-ranking club officials who were part of their team’s interview process with prospects, speaking for this piece, said that was not how Hackenberg responded in their meetings.

“His answer was that he didn’t play as well, and there were things he needed to get better at,” one head coach said. One senior executive said he was impressed that Hackenberg didn’t throw Franklin under the bus, despite questions that set him up to do so. Another team decision-maker said he could read between the lines that Hackenberg and Franklin weren’t especially close but that Hackenberg did not blame his coach. During Hackenberg’s 12 formal interviews at the combine, some teams pushed that button harder than others, and some may have interpreted his answers differently. Hackenberg doesn’t believe he left any room for interpretation.

that's a cool article about krackenberg.  bottom line, the kid is a mystery. 

His announcement was something of an impromptu one. Midway through his interview, he started thanking people: O’Brien for bringing him to Penn State, Rahne and Donovan, the strength staff, trainer and even the video director. In the much-scrutinized relationship between Hackenberg and Franklin, the seeming Freudian slip was easy fodder for internet headlines: “Christian Hackenberg thanks everyone but his coach.”

“I’m sure ‘Hack,’ in hindsight, wishes it would have gone a different way,” Rahne says. “But it didn’t. In the heat of the moment, things happen, and you wish you could take ’em back, but you can’t. But I know those sort of things were handled behind closed doors, and I know they are a lot better now. It was an emotional time for him, and he made a mistake, but he owned up to it, and you move on.”

Two NFL teams who met with Hackenberg at the combine said they specifically asked Hackenberg about his omission. His answer was the same one he gives publicly: He found Franklin afterward, and thanked him one on one.

1 hour ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Finally someone that makes sense. Hackenberg should of shut up and move on.

1 hour ago, Tony The Wiz said:

What do expect from a 5 star high school recruit who was playing like a 1 star.  Stop throwing everyone under the bus and get drafted and begin your professional career and begin a new chapter in your life.  Hopefully for our sakes it works out.

Tony. You've made your feelings about Hackenberg known since before he was drafted. You hate the pick..... we'll see in a couple of years if you were right. Let the kid be and let all the "noise" around this selection die down.Looking forward to seeing him Live at Florham Park this summer.

1 hour ago, BowlesMovement said:

Coming from someone who screams for Geno to start, preaching about leadership..... Can't make it up. You were better when you were banned, your a no good troll

So I read this thread. I read the reported posts that you submitted. And I have to laugh. You post this and report others?

Save me the response of the other guy started it.

2 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

You never want to look like you are "passing the buck" especially a QB. He has to look into the camera and take it like a man. Hackenberg did not and it made him look bad, but I think the kid is smart enough to learn and he will have to in the NY media crucible.

Completely wrong.  He took responsibility for his play.  Hes also 100% right, that was the wrong system and hindered him. 

He has nothing to learn.  For all the debate, it got him hired and had others interested

Was that article even legit as analysis? It's merely a 6 paragraph opinion of a Staff Writer regurgitating the SAME tripe EVERY SCOUTING REPORT has spewed about TheHack. It's a 2nd rounder, if he hits we're GOLD, if not, let him join the list of Eternally Damned Round 2 NYJets picks with Browning Nagle, Kellen Clemens, Jon McGraw, Victor Hobson, Ricky Terry,  Dorian Boose, etc.

Let's take a flyer on a potential STUD QB and see if he sticks. So WHAT he calls out a BAD HC? I wish we had someone do that DURING or AFTER the 2011 season up until 2014. You gotta call a Spade a Spade, and TheHack was honest; there is nothing wrong with being earnest when POTENTIAL BILLIONS of Pesos (or Millions of Dollars) are on the line.

The pessimism surrounding this kid SO EARLY, we might as well just get to it already and call him the

History_Speeches_6000_Eyewitness_Hindenb

The Hindenburg.:ph34r:

I wanted Hogan in the 5th, but TheHack is now a Jet QB, and thus MY QB. 

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't know what he really said or if it was the coaching staff and his teammates fault that he regressed. We've all heard stories about his O-line. Were they really that bad? And that after O'Brien left he wasn't coached up the way Bill did with him. All I know is that James Franklin is a pretty good coach and did a good job at Vanderbilt a difficult program to win at. They are in the SEC and most seasons have not been competitive. Based on what I've seen of him he does not look like a ball of fire on the field. But I reserve judgment and obviously Mac and Gailey think he can be a starter in the league. 

Running a good program when your QB fits your system and having success is one thing.  Taking over for O'Brien, having a QB who ran the Pats offense successfully and forcing him to try and run the spread, without an OL and without being a fit for it is stupid and a completely different situation than Vandy

8 minutes ago, TJ said:

What he should have said was,  my O line and receivers were great -  I just suck at ?.   This way he stays loyal.  ? 

Joking aside, he should've sort of.

He should've manned up like a pro, taken the high road, and been honest by focusing on things he needs to do better at the next level which is pretty much everything.

That's the truth. Gruden tried to steer him but he's just a kid. I'm more worried about his pocket awareness and peripheral vision. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If you watch the Gruden thing, Gruden implies that Hack was playing football on an asphalt field in Beirut, coached by a lobotomized composite of Ray Handley and Paul Hackett, while facing a firing squad and a gang of teen werewolf rapists. Hackenberg's response to all of it was to pause, look misty-eyed, and mention how proud he was of his survival skills. If he pulls that sh*t in an NFL locker room, he's a dead man walking.

**** you, Dude.

Hack is like Rey from Star Wars. I'm attempting to finally watch this movie without fully paying attention, but the parallels are undeniable. Hack was abandoned in some sh*tty little world left to fend for himself. It never broke him, and he kept fighting on. With the help of our coaching staff and perhaps a little robotic soccer ball he can be reborn into a hero.

You're more like Kylo Ren

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

I agree, it's not an issue.

In the end it  will only matter where he's at.  Jordan Palmer?  Really?

Yep Carson Palmers brother..former QB and now QB coach, for better or worse. 

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

So I read this thread. I read the reported posts that you submitted. And I have to laugh. You post this and report others?

Save me the response of the other guy started it.

This guy is not even a Jets fan, he's a troll here to start trouble.

I wasn't even into the whole reporting post thing, but it seems like my posts are getting reported and I'm getting scolded, while this guy runs around telling people to jerk to their Fitz posters and stuff like that in every other post........

But whatever, if you'd rather I don't post here, that's fine with me....

1 hour ago, BowlesMovement said:

This guy is not even a Jets fan, he's a troll here to start trouble.

I wasn't even into the whole reporting post thing, but it seems like my posts are getting reported and I'm getting scolded, while this guy runs around telling people to jerk to their Fitz posters and stuff like that in every other post........

But whatever, if you'd rather I don't post here, that's fine with me....

Nobody reported any of your posts.

I need to see what was asked and what was answered to answer the question. If he was asked "tell us why your play slipped" and said "well, part of it was the O-Line n part of it was the new HC", then no, that's not throwing anyone under the bus. You want a straight answer, you'll get a straight answer. If you asked the question hoping he wouldn't be honest, then I'd question the ethics of the person asking the question. 

He's in a no win situation. He has to be accountable but also has to sell himself as better than what we've seen.

I thought he handled himself well. But no amount of offensive line problems can be blamed for his issues with slants and screens, which is probably where it comes accross as deflection from his own flaws.

There's no way he threw coaches and teammates under the bus. He's not that kid. That bogus report has been refuted by more reliable sources, including Christian who said he never did that and never would do that and for anyone to interpret his comments that way would be asinine. It's disgusting that it was ever printed in the first place.

The only thing that matters is ,what are his teammates saying about Christian? All they did was vote him Captain. I'm telling you fellas I think a franchise QB fell to the Jets in the most unlikely fashion. Sanctions, coaching change, horrible Oline, kid DOES NOT TRANSFER, which 99% of other guys would have to protect themselves, (College football is a BUSINESS. Christian is there to hopefully become an NFL QB.) He comes from PA, he's very smart, he's 6'-4" 230, he can make every throw, (screens & slants he can work on endlessly now), he'll have PERSONEL DETAILED COACHING, Gailey will figure out what he does best & start there. The guy is a pocket passer who had zero Oline for 2 years. He's not Tyrod Taylor abandoning the pocket when pressure arrives instantly. You cannot  play QB without TIME to run your plays, you can not play QB when you are being hit 103 times. 

Im positive that defensive coaches knew they could overwhelm the PSU Oline & ran stunts constantly. Let's keep track of the Penn State offensive lineman Christian played with as they embark on their NFL careers.

Archived