Ex-Jets That Did Much Better Elsewhere And Vice-Versa

TuscanyTile2

Danny Woodhead became a very good player for the Pats.  Steve Weatherford did better w/ the Giants (though I did like him w/ the Jets).

On the other side, Nick Folk did better w/ the Jets than the Cowboys.  Fitz did well w/ us last year.

I'm sure there are many examples.  Get crackin' everyone.

17 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Danny Woodhead became a very good player for the Pats.  Steve Weatherford did better w/ the Giants (though I did like him w/ the Jets).

On the other side, Nick Folk did better w/ the Jets than the Cowboys.  Fitz did well w/ us last year.

That's not quite true.. Folk made the Pro bowl as a rookie for Dallas and had a higher FG completion in year 2.. Year 3 he had a off year and they dumped him, he has been good for the Jets but his first 3 years with the Jets he was under 80% FG completions..His last 3 have been good..

1 hour ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Farrior was always the big one for me

Farrier is definitely the biggest kick in the balls since Riggins. We traded away Orlando Pace for a guy that did nothing with us and then went on to be an all-time Steeler and win rings and sh*t. 

Adrian Murrell was great here, sucked once he left and was out of the League quicker than expected.

Almost all our KRs under Westoff didn't do much once leaving (Morton, Miller, Brad Smith, Leon was OK for Seattle though).

Cotchery was much more effective as a Jet than Steeler and Panther.....Coles was productive in Washington but overall better in green and white.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Savage69 said:

John Riggins,Terance Mathis and QB Jeff Blake..

Riggins was GREAT for us - we just let him go like idiots.  He was faster with us, with Washington he was a Csonka type back. Sure, he played most of his years there, but for me, he's the best Jet of all times. Jet, not Redskin.

18 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Weatherford was really good for us in the regular season, he was just awful in postseason though then had that great SB run w/ NYG.  

16 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Farrier is definitely the biggest kick in the balls since Riggins. We traded away Orlando Pace for a guy that did nothing with us and then went on to be an all-time Steeler and win rings and sh*t. 

Farrior spent 5 years here, 4 he was average, he was excellent in his 5th but wanted too much money.  Parcells botched all of his drafts here('97-'99), all time great coach but mediocre GM type.

14 hours ago, bergenjets said:

Vilma, Abraham, Mawae, Moss, Washington

Vilma was as good here as he was in NO, we just changed schemes that didn't fit his strengths.  

Abe was great here when he was healthy, he was just rarely healthy

mawae had his best years here

Moss was better in DC

Leon had his best years here

Glen Cadrez, started for the 2 Bronco Championships they achieved with Elway/shanahan.  Played inside linebacker and 

MLB one year - from Jets scrub to starting MLB on back to back world championships, not a bad trade.

Jonathan Goodwin?  The guard who left us and got a ring for the Saints as their center and went to a pro bowl..

Jeff Blake had some good years as the Bengals QB.

LT obviously had the better career in SD, but his 1st year here was much better than his last year there.

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Ronnie Lott (past it here).

Aaron Glenn (why did we let him go).

Art Monk (Just why..).

Curtis Martin (I liked him) (ducks).

I might be wrong... But I think we lost him in that dumb expansion draft to the Texans because it was their first year. I think they got to take one player from a small pool from every team 

Archived