Poll: Fitz vs Geno

Mike135

Fitz or Geno?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. 2016 Starter?

• Fitz @8mil+ (most likely 10mil+ and multiple years)
    • Geno
    • Fitz @7mil and not a penny more! Otherwise Geno. (Added for LIJetsFan.)

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw something yesterday (I forget the source) where Mac said he might carry 4 Qbs on the active roster. Which means he doesn't have to dress all 4 but they are on the 53. It's possible and I think we did it a few years ago, I forget which season. I don't believe it though. I have doubts if they cut Petty that someone else would sign him to their active roster. They have their own draft picks and developmental Qbs they like and probably would carry them over a guy they know little about. I think we could sneak him onto the PS or IR him unless after training camp they just decide to cut him. 

I saw something yesterday (I forget the source) where Mac said he might carry 4 Qbs on the active roster. Which means he doesn't have to dress all 4 but they are on the 53. It's possible and I think we did it a few years ago, I forget which season. I don't believe it though. I have doubts if they cut Petty that someone else would sign him to their active roster. They have their own draft picks and developmental Qbs they like and probably would carry them over a guy they know little about. I think we could sneak him onto the PS or IR him unless after training camp they just decide to cut him. 

There is no way Petty would last on the PS roster.

There's no contest between Fitz and Geno. That's like comparing Malcom Butler to Darrelle Revis. Revis is the very best corner ever to play and Butler is a f*cking joke. In this case. Fitz might as well be Joe Montana and Geno Smith is f*cking Ryan Leaf. Geno is sh*t and always will be. Fitz is a MUCH better QB and person over all.

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:
  • Fitz @8mil+ (most likely 10mil+ and multiple years)
  •  
  • Fitz @7mil and not a penny more! Otherwise Geno. (Added for LIJetsFan.)

Help a guy out and explain to me the difference in people's opinions between wanting Fitz to start over Geno but not over $7m? It seems ridiculous to want 1 QB to start over another based on pay. I would want Fitz over Geno because he gives us the best chance to win, players love him, CS wants the guy and allows Hack/Petty to sit and learn. Why should we care what he makes? If MacDaddy can make it work why should we care? As long as he feels it won't be a crippling contract moving forward. 

34% would be willing to have Fitz at $10m+ for 2 years. 
27% would prefer him over Geno but only at $7m...... 
Am I missing something here? Let Mac worry about the $ it seems to me over 60% want Fitz.when money is taken out of the equation. If Fitz has another season like 2015 he will have easily outplayed his contract.

Personally, I'd like Fitz to return, but if he doesn't I'm ready to support Geno. I just want this carousel ride to stop, before camp begins. Let Fitz/Geno battle it out for lead dog and get ready for the season. This is like a bad "Tele-Nov

ella"

Impact on cap room. 

10 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:
7 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

There's no contest between Fitz and Geno. That's like comparing Malcom Butler to Darrelle Revis. Revis is the very best corner ever to play and Butler is a f*cking joke. In this case. Fitz might as well be Joe Montana and Geno Smith is f*cking Ryan Leaf. Geno is sh*t and always will be. Fitz is a MUCH better QB and person over all.

Look, I hope and pray that Revis can be the player he used to be. But let's face it he didn't have a good year for him in 2015. He wasn't an elite Cb. He has great value as a leader of the team and someone on D who knows what he's doing. But he is devouring our salary cap. And these guys want to give Fitz backup money. You figure it out!

This is the dumbest debate I have ever seen and it just keeps going? Let me tell you all how this is all going to work out. Fitz WILL resign. Guaranteed. Write it down. You heard it here first. The Jets are NOT going to carry 4 QB's into the regular season. They are also NOT going to give up on Petty or Hack. GENO will get what everyone has been dying to see happen. He'll get f*cking cut and it should have happened long ago. Geno sucks.

If Geno gets cut he will be grabbed in a minute. I think he even has some trade value at that salary. And then he would go into the Mark Sanchez phase of his career. As a backup with starting experience. But I don't think Mac will cut him unless they decide that Petty or Hack is ready to play. 

You dont care to know about what Geno's progress is? Just wanna see him lose huh? This is the type of comments I dont get. Fitz has been a back up most of his career and he pulled together his best season 11 years into his profession. He made progress to the point where people are clamoring for him to be resigned, which I can respect. 

But is the hate that deep for Geno to where it is impossible for the man to grow up, develop also and possibly be productive? This is what I mean when I say that you simply cant trust Jets fans and their emotions. 

It saddens you if he's the best we have only because you believe that he is incapable of developing or doing anything right or being smarter than stupid. lol. You're only concerned about Petty's progress when every QB currently on the roster are all on rookie contracts...meaning all of them are young. ALL OF THEM are developing. We talk about Christian Hackenberg being a 2nd round pick because though the talent is there, there are things that must be worked on. Well, Geno was a 2nd round pick but he was the QB of a HC that is a self-proclaimed defensive Genius yet knows sh*t about offense. The Jets have had some of the worst offensive coordinators in the NFL the past 15 years. 

To prove my point, after Geno was punched by IK and IK was immediately kicked off the team...what coach picked him up? THAT'S the type of coach you think is going to teach a QB how to be a leader of men? Rex Ryan?....a coach who goes on public record stating that he wants to build a team full of bullies, while signing guys like Richie Incognito and right after IK....yet this coach that wants to build a team full of bullies hasnt produced a winning record in since 2010? A coach that says he wasts to build a team of bullies yet he has NEVER actually built a team because he took over a team built by Eric Mangini and Mike Tannenbaum in 2009 had success with that squad those 2 seasons yet didnt know how to replenish talent because all he knew how to do was draft defensive players in the first round while drawing up "bust" more than half of the time? 

2009 Mark Sanchez= Bust (Has been statisically better since going to Philly...away from Rex Ryan). 

2010 Kyle Wilson= Bust

2011 Muhammad Wilkerson

2012 Quinton Coples= Bust  (Took a 4-3 DE/DT from North Carolina and tried to make him a 3-4 OLB). 

2013 Dee Milliner= Bust 

2013 Sheldon Richardson

2014 Calvin Pryor (Had a bad rookie season on Rex because he was playing out of position. Just one year later under BETTER COACHING he's one of the best young SS in the NFL). 

Mind you, this is the draft history of a self proclaimed defensive genius. 

I can do the same thing for any round. The coaching has alot to do with the poor outcome as well as better performance. Look at Calvin Pryor. Jet fans were calling him a bust last year (like I said...cant trust Jets fans and their emotions right? lol) Look at Brian Winters. Look at Bilal Powell and how he had the best season of his career last season. The team didnt even know what to do with Enunwa, but in comes the new regime and suddenly Chan Gailey has just a ridiculous idea to make Enunwa a mismatch TE simply by looking at his qualities as a player and making a move in order to put Enunwa in the best position to succeed. Now when in the hell have we've ever seen that huh? 

And as fans, if we've never seen it then how the hell are the actual players going to see it? 

Many people here talk about Fitzpatrick and his "leadership". The leadership actually comes from the head coach. When Zac Stacy left and signed with Detroit what was the very first thing he said about Todd Bowles? Let me tell you. He said: 

"Coach Bowles, you truly are a Leader of Men. The Jets organization is on the up and coming. I wish you nothing but the best".  Question. When's the last time we heard a player leave the Jets or leave the Bills when Rex Ryan was the coach and he said that Rex Ryan was "truly a leader of men", or anything remotely close? Never, and its because Rex is too busy trying to create a big bully by signing them. Instead, what do you see from players who leave Rex? Lets take Mario Williams for example. This is a guy who's a 4 time pro bowler, an all-pro, a former defensive lineman of the year, with almost 100 sacks in his career...and Williams literally has the WORST season of his career. If Williams was a rookie and a Jet everyone here (dealing with their emotions) would have called him a bust. 

This is what bad coaching does to good players. Chan Gailey has done so much for Ryan Fitzpatrick that the rest of the league feels like he's basically useless without this particular coach. You tell me, is that a compliment to Fitz or Gailey? 

Geno Smith cant be a leader without an example. The outcome of the student is a reflection of the teacher. Same with the veteran. We call about Fitz leadership, yet that somehow doesnt count for Geno. Nothing counts for Geno....ever, huh? 

I dont understand why people are such haters. And I dont mean that in any disrespect...I simply dont understand this level of hate. It just makes no sense. 

Villain,

You better stop making sense and giving great examples with excellent explanations about Geno or you might get banned by many here on this board.

1 minute ago, Colgateman said:

I can't wait for the geno haters to eat crow this year.

the man has all the physical tools and couldn't put the mental side together, imagine what a year off and working with tom house did for him?

HA HA HA HA HA You're a f*cking joke. Eat crow my A$$. Geno's days on this team are numbered. If the Jets resign Fitz? It's sayonara Geno.

I don't think they're going to carry 4 unless Petty lights it up in pre-season. Your team usually carries only 2. 

Pats opened the 2000 season with 4 QB's on the 53-man roster.

Bledsoe, Brady, Bishop and Friesz.

If the Jets go out and sign a vet QB (other than Fitz), I can see them carrying 4 QB's to start the season.

HA HA HA HA HA You're a f*cking joke. Eat crow my A$$. Geno's days on this team are numbered. If the Jets resign Fitz? It's sayonara Geno.

Maine, Geno is in the last year of his rookie contract.

He has started games in the NFL.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for the Jets to just let him go this year. None.

15 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

This is the dumbest debate I have ever seen and it just keeps going? Let me tell you all how this is all going to work out. Fitz WILL resign. Guaranteed. Write it down. You heard it here first. The Jets are NOT going to carry 4 QB's into the regular season. They are also NOT going to give up on Petty or Hack. GENO will get what everyone has been dying to see happen. He'll get f*cking cut and it should have happened long ago. Geno sucks.

Guess I agree.  I wouldn't mind if Fitz resigns (aka retires).  However I really would mind if he re-signs for good money (over 5mil).

13 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Pats opened the 2000 season with 4 QB's on the 53-man roster.

Bledsoe, Brady, Bishop and Friesz.

If the Jets go out and sign a vet QB (other than Fitz), I can see them carrying 4 QB's to start the season.

Yeah that was 2000 but I remember when NEP signed Tebow that the bottom line with him was they were only going to keep 2 Qbs. Probably some years they have kept more but overall based on what I've read the BB formula is going with 2 on the roster. As for available FA Qbs there aren't many around. One of the best available is Tavaris Jackson who the Jets could get for under 2 probably. But like you said it makes no sense at this time to cut Geno. Unless (to me) one of those young Qbs is outstanding in camp and exhibition games. I mean if we find a Russell Wilson on our roster then go for it. But the thing is you don't go into the regular season with an unknown quantity if you want to win. And the only known quantity at this time is Fitz. 

10 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

First, you should calm down

Second, you should accept the fact that fitztragic is not returning to the jets

Third, you should stop crying all over the board, it's getting pathetic

Fourth, you should go rub one out to your fitztragic poster, it may calm you down.

Then maybe you can post on the board like a person who doesn't have a foot stuck in their ass.

10 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Guess I agree.  I wouldn't mind if Fitz resigns (aka retires).  However I really would mind if he re-signs for good money (over 5mil).

Look 5 mil isn't even in the equation. The only team in the NFL this coming season with a starting Qb's salary under 10 mil other than guys on rookie contracts is going to be Cleveland. Fitz isn't going to sign for that and why should he. He's signed plenty of those kinds of contracts and after 2015 is due to get starter's money. Not 16 but around 10.

Neither QB is taking the team anywhere in 2016, and neither one is likely to be on the team in 2017. As bad as Geno has been, I just don't imagine Fitzpatrick being $7M+ better than him. Save the money and give Mainejet an aneurysm. Win-win. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look 5 mil isn't even in the equation. The only team in the NFL this coming season with a starting Qb's salary under 10 mil other than guys on rookie contracts is going to be Cleveland. Fitz isn't going to sign for that and why should he. He's signed plenty of those kinds of contracts and after 2015 is due to get starter's money. Not 16 but around 10.

Then why aren't teams offering him 10mil?  In fact, forget "teams" plural.  Not one; single; team!

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

What actual starting caliber QBs make shouldn't be in the equation, either. Fitz should sign for whatever the Jets are offering if he wants to continue playing football because they have the best offer on the table, and are the only team in the league offering him a starting job. He can take the $7M, or make good on his alleged threat to retire and make nothing. And I agree with Mike: if the Jets are altering their offer to Fitz at all, they should lower it not raise it. Raising it would be idiotic. 

9 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Then why aren't teams offering him 10mil?  In fact, forget "teams" plural.  Not one; single; team!

We don't really know that. This whole thing is pretty much a mystery. But in any business you give an employee the going market rate. You don't low ball esp your starting Qb. It makes no business sense. This is a player you want to have a good relationship with. And for those Jets fans who say we can't win in 2016 with anybody so why spend the money. Just more doom and gloom and negativity after having a good season. Did any of you watch Jets Game Plan this week on SNY. Well, Willie Colon who  isn't a shrinking violet and says what he thinks said the no. 1 priority is signing Fitz. That he's the leader of the team and can win with these players.And that's what the Jets players think. That's half the job of an NFL Qb to have the confidence of his teammates.  I'm not giving up on 2016 because I think we can make the playoffs but with Fitz not Geno. 

32 teams in the NFL not 1 has even had the least bit of interest and the Jets should offer him $7-$10 million  a season,look no further to whats been wrong with this organization all these years. 

Just say NO to Fitzpatrick and move on no  matter who that QB may be.

20 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

First, you should calm down

Second, you should accept the fact that fitztragic is not returning to the jets

Third, you should stop crying all over the board, it's getting pathetic

Fourth, you should go rub one out to your fitztragic poster, it may calm you down.

Then maybe you can post on the board like a person who doesn't have a foot stuck in their ass.

I have seen you suggest many times that someone should masturbate to a QBs poster.

I must say, the practice of masturbating to ones preferred QBs poster is one I have not heard much of before you.

Is this a practice you partake in? Do you often "rub one out" to Geno posters, as he is your preferred QB?

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

32 teams in the NFL not 1 has even had the least bit of interest and the Jets should offer him $7-$10 million  a season,look no further to whats been wrong with this organization all these years. 

Just say NO to Fitzpatrick and move on no  matter who that QB may be.

Again you don't know that. What he's been offered by the Jets or other teams. Kind of unbelievable that a fan would want to low ball a player. What do you care what he makes, anyways. It's no sweat off our backs. And you're saying you know more than his teammates do. Jets players think they can have a good season with Fitz as starting Qb. I'm looking for wins not Ls in 2016 and embrace the schedule. It will be a lot of fun. I just want us to put our best team on the field esp at Qb. And that's not Geno. 

7 minutes ago, slats said:

What actual starting caliber QBs make shouldn't be in the equation, either. Fitz should sign for whatever the Jets are offering if he wants to continue playing football because they have the best offer on the table, and are the only team in the league offering him a starting job. He can take the $7M, or make good on his alleged threat to retire and make nothing. And I agree with Mike: if the Jets are altering their offer to Fitz at all, they should lower it not raise it. Raising it would be idiotic. 

Right, and I've seen some say, "Hey, ya can't blame Fitz for trying to get as much as possible.  I'd do the same.  No rush to accept less.  It's just business."

And I agree.  Fitz should be allowed to play hardball all he wants.  Jets offered 7mil and Fitz decided to test the market to get more money.  

Problem is... it didn't work.  Now the Jets clearly know Fitz's value.  And it's under 7mil.  If Fitz was allowed to play hardball, the Jets should be able to as well.  Time to lower the offer.  

It's just business.

2 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I have seen you suggest many times that someone should masturbate to a QBs poster.

I must say, the practice of masturbating to ones preferred QBs poster is one I have not heard much of before you.

Is this a practice you partake in? Do you often "rub one out" to Geno posters, as he is your preferred QB?

No, I used to rub em out to Pamela Anderson and Pam Grier

One of the funniest pics ever posted on the board was the time SAR posted a pic of a Jets fan kneeling on the bed and wacking off to a large Pennington poster.

That was funny as hell.

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

Oh, so why do you suggest others should rub out to their QB of choices poster so often?

well usually when people are infatuated with something they gotta rub one out it helps people get over their obsession. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Again you don't know that. What he's been offered by the Jets or other teams. Kind of unbelievable that a fan would want to low ball a player. What do you care what he makes, anyways. It's no sweat off our backs. And you're saying you know more than his teammates do. Jets players think they can have a good season with Fitz as starting Qb. I'm looking for wins not Ls in 2016 and embrace the schedule. It will be a lot of fun. I just want us to put our best team on the field esp at Qb. And that's not Geno. 

Can you provide links to show that other teams were even remotely interested in Fitzpatrick. 

15 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Is this a practice you partake in?

I never have, but if these QBs have posters, I may start.

Edit:  Some of these QBs have stronger arms than Fitz!

15 minutes ago, slats said:

That's not the way this business works esp in the NFL. You don't make up your own salary range just because some fans don't like a player or they think he isn't worth market. But we'll see what happens. I think the Jets won't in the long run undercut him. He'll get something reasonable and around market. If not sign Tavaris Jackson for a million bucks if that's what you want. Considering all of the money Woody spends to run the Jets in terms of scouting, salaries, etc etc etc a few million bucks for your starting Qb isn't a good enough reason to go into a season without your best available player at that position. 

Archived