Poll: Fitz vs Geno

Mike135

Fitz or Geno?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. 2016 Starter?

• Fitz @8mil+ (most likely 10mil+ and multiple years)
    • Geno
    • Fitz @7mil and not a penny more! Otherwise Geno. (Added for LIJetsFan.)

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

Well, you seem to be infatuated with Geno, so I can only assume you rub out to his posters....

I'm not that big of a fan of Geno. I just think he will be a decent QB, nothing more, but I do believe his haters on this board take things way to far and wishing failure on him isn't the way to go because he still wears a jets uniform

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Can we STOP with the rubbing one out talk. I'm sure there are other forums you guys can find on the internet to discuss that. Thanks 

I agree, I would prefer the suggestions to rub out to any posters by colgateman to stop, it seems to be something he suggests often

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Can you provide links to show that other teams were even remotely interested in Fitzpatrick. 

You're the one saying there weren't. I never said there were. We just don't know that although there were reports Fitz met with Denver and they were interested. Look if no one offers him a contract he is comfortable with he can retire. The thing I'm observing (and just my opinion) is there is no anxiety on either side, Fitz or the Jets. Which to me means that they both think a deal can be done. But I don't know and unlike some of you guys I'm not going to make blanket statements based on rumors. You know like that he asked for 16 mil per season and an Osweiller type of deal. Some of you guys jumped on that because you don't like Fitz. And would prefer not winning in 2016.

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

That's not the way this business works esp in the NFL. You don't make up your own salary range just because some fans don't like a player or they think he isn't worth market. But we'll see what happens. I think the Jets won't in the long run undercut him. He'll get something reasonable and around market. If not sign Tavaris Jackson for a million bucks if that's what you want. Considering all of the money Woody spends to run the Jets in terms of scouting, salaries, etc etc etc a few million bucks for your starting Qb isn't a good enough reason to go into a season without your best available player at that position. 

Are you at all familiar with the salary cap? This is exactly how the business of the NFL works: you try to get the best possible talent at the lowest possible price for every position on the field. The Jets are already offering the most money and the best opportunity. Raising their offer would be sheer stupidity. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

Are you at all familiar with the salary cap? This is exactly how the business of the NFL works: you try to get the best possible talent at the lowest possible price for every position on the field. The Jets are already offering the most money and the best opportunity. Raising their offer would be sheer stupidity. 

Well it's really up to the Jets to be able to pay their players market. If they manage their cap intelligently. The Revis deal is not intelligent. So if Fitz doesn't like the contract he can walk, end of story. If the Jets want to keep him they raise their offer and find the cap space. If Mac doesn't think he has starter's value then ok. But if it backfires he's in a lot of trouble with some of the fan base. Sure you don't bid against yourself. But there are standards in terms of salary and esp for a starting Qb a team usually overpays not underpays.

24 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

I'm not that big of a fan of Geno. I just think he will be a decent QB, nothing more, but I do believe his haters on this board take things way to far and wishing failure on him isn't the way to go because he still wears a jets uniform

Its funny, you could almost replace Geno with Fitz word for word with MY opinion:

"I'm not that big of a fan of Fitz. I just think he was a decent QB last year, nothing more, but I do believe his haters on this board take things way to far and wishing failure on him isn't the way to go because he could still wear a jets uniform."

Yet you have told me on multiple occasions to go rub one out to a Fitztragic poster......

15 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I never have, but if these QBs have posters, I may start.

Edit:  Some of these QBs have stronger arms than Fitz!

I have seen a few of those games on TV at night, not only are a lot of those women incredibly hot, they can REALLY play football, there are some impressive athletes out there.

I have seen a few of those games on TV at night, not only are a lot of those women incredibly hot, they can REALLY play football, there are some impressive athletes out there.

They televise these games?  :jawdrop:

Football and hot chicks in lingerie?  That's like combining steak, bacon and beer!  What channel?  And how is it not one of the most popular sports in the world?

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You're the one saying there weren't. I never said there were. We just don't know that although there were reports Fitz met with Denver and they were interested. Look if no one offers him a contract he is comfortable with he can retire. The thing I'm observing (and just my opinion) is there is no anxiety on either side, Fitz or the Jets. Which to me means that they both think a deal can be done. But I don't know and unlike some of you guys I'm not going to make blanket statements based on rumors. You know like that he asked for 16 mil per season and an Osweiller type of deal. Some of you guys jumped on that because you don't like Fitz. And would prefer not winning in 2016.

Rumors? Fitz is sitting home on the couch eating stale pretzels and combing his beard without a job in the NFL thats a FACT!

OMG, I can't wait til Geno is cut.  He's shown zero ability to be THE guy.  He's a crappy QB. Period.  I wish I knew was the Geno lovers have seen. I didn't see it in college and I Definately didn't see it in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

OMG, I can't wait til Geno is cut.  He's shown zero ability to be THE guy.  He's a crappy QB. Period.  I wish I knew was the Geno lovers have seen. I didn't see it in college and I Definately didn't see it in the NFL. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick 6 teams in 11 years has never made the playoffs id say the Jets made the right decision not re-signing him this season. 

If and when Geno Smith is cut we move on and then the hate can be directed at the next man up. 

7 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

They televise these games?  :jawdrop:

Football and hot chicks in lingerie?  That's like combining steak, bacon and beer!  What channel?  And how is it not one of the most popular sports in the world?

Yeah, they do, I am not sure which channel, but my wife and I have watched a few games on a Saturday night. Channel surfing we stumbled upon it a few times and we were both blown away by the play, its legit football.

Yeah, they do, I am not sure which channel, but my wife and I have watched a few games on a Saturday night. Channel surfing we stumbled upon it a few times and we were both blown away by the play, its legit football.

Does your 13 year old also watch I thought you were the guy concerned about posts on this board and your 13 year old seeing them. 

Thanks for the info, I'll make sure to start watching.  For the good of women's sports purely of course.

35 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Rumors? Fitz is sitting home on the couch eating stale pretzels and combing his beard without a job in the NFL thats a FACT!

He doesn't seem to be losing sleep over it. We've seen him in public and he's cool just like is on the field. (and please don't send that pic of him looking like a madman running from D players trying to kill him even though one of my all time favorite Jets pics). Maybe he knows something that we don't. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

He doesn't seem to be losing sleep over it. We've seen him in public and he's cool just like is on the field. (and please don't send that pic of him looking like a madman running from D players trying to kill him even though one of me all time favorite Jets pics). Maybe he knows something that we don't. 

No denying he is a decent human being and had a great season in 2015 with the NY Jets no argument from me there. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Does your 13 year old also watch I thought you were the guy concerned about posts on this board and your 13 year old seeing them. 

I don't have a 13 year old, and we have watched that at 11:00 at night, my children go to bed at 8:00 every night. Not sure what watching the LFL at 11:00 at night has to do with being concerned with some absolutely vile posts that were posted on this board that one day that I commented...... For the record, the 13 year old was my niece who used to read here, but she has since stopped.

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

I don't have a 13 year old, and we have watched that at 11:00 at night, my children go to bed at 8:00 every night. Not sure what watching the LFL at 11:00 at night has to do with being concerned with some absolutely vile posts that were posted on this board that one day that I commented...... For the record, the 13 year old was my niece who used to read here, but she has since stopped.

Ok sounds like your a good parent then. 

2 hours ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Anyone picking the first option is on crack. 

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

You forgot @Mike_Maccagnan and @nyjets

Well hopefully since Fitz hasn't been re-signed yet, it's a sign Macc is currently in rehab.

However I'm sad to report the crack epidemic is spreading.  Add @Dcat @Irish Jet and @johnnyjet to the list of potential addicts.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure other fellow Jet fans here would agree.  We're here for you.  Reach out for help if needed.  We can pull through these tough times together.

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Well hopefully since Fitz hasn't been re-signed yet, it's a sign Macc is currently in rehab.

However I'm sad to report the crack epidemic is spreading.  Add @Dcat @Irish Jet and @johnnyjet to the list of potential addicts.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure other fellow Jet fans here would agree.  We're here for you.  Reach out for help if needed.  We can pull through these tough times together.

I'll go ahead and side with the NFLs exec of the year on this issue.

Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick has told people he would "rather not play football" than play for the New York Jets at their contract offer, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Jets haven't budged from their initial offer that's reportedly in the range of $7 million to $8 million per season. Fitzpatrick, 33, reportedly is seeking twice that amount annually.

57 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I have seen you suggest many times that someone should masturbate to a QBs poster.

I must say, the practice of masturbating to ones preferred QBs poster is one I have not heard much of before you.

Should this practice catch on, I'd like to help out my fellow fans.  If you act now - before this post gets banished to the second page - I will give you a free starter pic!!!

usatsi_8027249.jpg

YOU'RE WELCOME!

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

I'll go ahead and side with the NFLs exec of the year on this issue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve-step_program 

Adjusted for this situation.  The 13 steps to recovery for the Jet fan crack epidemic.

1. We admitted we were powerless over drugs—that our lives had become unmanageable.  (You seem to be stuck here.  This is usually the hardest step.)
  2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.  (aka Geno)
  3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God Geno as we understood Him.
  4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
  5. Admitted to God Geno, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
  6. Were entirely ready to have God Geno remove all these defects of character.
  7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
  8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.  (Change your forum pic to represent your support in Geno.)
  9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
  10. Continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.  (Realize the first few games will be tough and don't overreact.)
  11. Sought through prayer and meditation (and beer) to improve our conscious contact with God Geno as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
  12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
  13. **  Bought a Geno Jersey.

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick has told people he would "rather not play football" than play for the New York Jets at their contract offer, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Jets haven't budged from their initial offer that's reportedly in the range of $7 million to $8 million per season. Fitzpatrick, 33, reportedly is seeking twice that amount annually.

Again "reportedly" means nothing.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Show me something that is also "reportedly" that any team other than the Jets want him. 

I'm not going with make up stories with no cred. Even if it supports my side of the argument. This could go on for a few more months you know. I hope we all get tired of it. If Ryan knew the controversy he's caused with the fans he'd probably just laugh about it. 

Why do folks continue to post that $7 Million Dollar figure ?????

It is clear that the Jets have upped their offer to $10 Milion Dollars!!!

Fitz say, No!!!!  "I want starter monies, which is $16 or more Million Dollars"

Hence the impasse.  

The idea that the Jets are short changing Fitz is only being floated consistently by one poster out here.   

The truth is Fitz has never performed at a high level other than last year for the Jets.  He has no leverage.   Other than the Jets and  maybe Denver where could he go and perform well?  

I argue in truth no where.   

So let's stop with the nonsense the Jets are saying we will pay Fitz $10 Million Dollars and for most of us out here that is more than enough for this guy.  

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm not going with make up stories with no cred. Even if it supports my side of the argument. This could go on for a few more months you know. I hope we all get tired of it. If Ryan knew the controversy he's caused with the fans he'd probably just laugh about it. 

You're probably right.  Just as I suppose he laughed about week 17 and then decided to hold the team hostage for an insane ransom this offseason.

Wonder how much he's laughing now that the market has shown his worth.

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

let's stop with the nonsense the Jets are saying we will pay Fitz $10 Million Dollars and for most of us out here that is more than enough for this guy.  

Actually based on this very scientific poll, roughly 65% of us say $10mil is too much for Fitz and to go with Geno instead.

3 hours ago, slats said:

Same could be said for Fitz. 

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Is there a team that would take Fitz as a starter? No, there is't. 

Sure. Except the Jets whose coach, GM, and owner are all on record that if and when he comes back (because that's what they all want) that he's the starter. That speaks volumes about what they think of Geno. 

7 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Actually based on this very scientific poll, roughly 65% of us say $10mil is too much for Fitz and to go with Geno instead.

I hear that and you guys might be right but the Jets seem willing to pay him more than that, significantly more and some out here are still bellyaching that Fitz is somehow being shortchanged.

That was my point   

Somehow the Jets are supposed to pay Fitz $6-$8 Millin Dollars more than $10 Million Dollars "cause that is what some starting QBs earn" .

It is utter madness and you wouldn't run a hotdog stand that way least of all a professional football team.  

Archived