Darrelle Revis parts with agents Neil Schwartz, Jonathan Feinsod

Gas2No99

You don't move him to safety for 17 million. Let's hope he rebounds and has a great year. He's getting older and just a few years away from a major injury. He's still on the field a good player and a great leader. The smartest guy on the field he knows how to play the game and will use all of these mental skills to succeed. But it wasn't enough last year and he got beat by good receivers. Surprised he got rid of his agents. On the surface it looks like they did a great job for him because that Jets contract was the best ever for a corner in history. Maybe it's personal but these guys always got him top dollar. Even with NEP he got a 12 mil contract. 

18 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

You'll be waiting far longer than just next year. 

LOL the comment was more wishful thinking since if we are going to keep Revis, we will be reworking his deal after this year and we all know how hard that has been in the past!

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 0:48 PM, Rangers9 said:

You don't move him to safety for 17 million. Let's hope he rebounds and has a great year. He's getting older and just a few years away from a major injury. He's still on the field a good player and a great leader. The smartest guy on the field he knows how to play the game and will use all of these mental skills to succeed. But it wasn't enough last year and he got beat by good receivers. Surprised he got rid of his agents. On the surface it looks like they did a great job for him because that Jets contract was the best ever for a corner in history. Maybe it's personal but these guys always got him top dollar. Even with NEP he got a 12 mil contract. 

He will rebound. He was playing injured all of last season. At some point, he will start to decline and when that happens? We can worry about his expensive contract then.

1. Me-vi$ i$n't getting enough in endor$ement$
  2. Me-vi$ want$ out of NY
  3. New agent$ offer $omething not ca$h related

I can't imagine it'$ the latter, becau$e the Jet$ would probably love to get out from under that contract.  $o, $omeone ha$ promi$ed lucrative endor$ement$ or $omething not ca$h related.  Endor$ements would enrich the agent$ and it'$ not likely that hi$ agent$ would not be able or willing to $ecure endor$ement deal$.

That leave$ Roc Nation a$ the likely motivation behind the change.

New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith was one of the first professional athletes to sign with Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sports when he was drafted out of West Virginia University in 2013. To preview the new NFL season, Billboard already spoke to a bunch of NFL players about their pump-up music, but given Smith’s ties to the music industry, we were eager to hear what he had to say.

The Jay Z client is a big Hova supporter, but that’s not where his tastes end. On the red carpet at Tuesday night's NFL Hall of Fashion event in Manhattan, Smith listed what he bumps to get psyched before football: 

“I listen to Jay Z, some Kanye, and I mix it up -- some rock and roll, a little bit of jazz.”

The last concert attended by the second year signal caller was Jay Z and Beyonce’s On the Run tour at the Met Life Stadium, where he got to play the spectator on the New York Jets’ home turf for a change.

He was in VIP, of course. “You can go to any concert you want,” he tells Billboard on the perks of being signed to Roc Nation.

Roc on!

Archived