Heimerdinger Talks Fitzpatrick, Hackenberg

JetNation

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I hear you. However, im starting to think that Macc isnt interested in trying to find 12 million dollars 

What's interesting is I'm getting the exact opposite feeling.  Seems, to me,  that Mac/Jets still really want him and are willing to cave - they just don't quite have the money yet.

I have very little to base this one, just that all of Jets management continue to come out and say things like =- Fitz is our priority, We need to find middle ground etc..

That doesn't sound like a team that has moved on...I honestly don't get the fascination with this guy but so be it.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Warfish said:

Would "folding" not inherantly imply they did, in fact, REALLY want him back?

After all, we have Geno Smith on the roster.  Surely they know that Smith, if given a fair chance with talent around him, is a better QB that Fitz...right?

You know what sucks though (? now this is a what if it IS Geno Smith scenario)..... is at some point in the first half of the opening game Geno is going to be leading the Jets on 3 scoring drives and we'll all be talking to each other (and some will be crowing their I told you so's) in the game day thread about how "It looks like we finally have ourselves a QB" as the Jets trot into the LR up 21-7 in the first half with Geno playing flawlessly.

Then after the 2nd half kickoff we watch the ominous 3 and out and the whole team, offense, defense, and special teams will all fall asleep at the same time. Geno will go into his usual shell of fear and stupidity, the defense will start giving the Bengals too much room for cushions and before you know it the announcers will be saying the proverbial "We got ourselves a game here folks don't go anywhere". Then by the 4th quarter Geno turns back into Geno, and we will be no better off than we were during the last 2 years under Wrecks Ryan.

I'm sorry Warfish because I know that you're a big Geno Smith fan asupporter (ahem) but if Fitz the bearded wonder doesn't want to be a Jet this year then I would rather see either Bryce or the Hackman starting, I don't want Geno smith anywhere NEAR Nick Mangold's buttocks on 9/11/16 between 1:00 and 4:15 PM. I mean if we're not making the playoffs anyway, why not see what one of the other kids can do-hell we've all seen what Geno is made of. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

What's interesting is I'm getting the exact opposite feeling.  Seems, to me,  that Mac/Jets still really want him and are willing to cave - they just don't quite have the money yet.

I have very little to base this one, just that all of Jets management continue to come out and say things like =- Fitz is our priority, We need to find middle ground etc..

That doesn't sound like a team that has moved on...I honestly don't get the fascination with this guy but so be it.

The fascination is that our other options are so young & not ready ... Or so bad

31 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

You know what sucks though (? now this is a what if it IS Geno Smith scenario)..... is at some point in the first half of the opening game Geno is going to be leading the Jets on 3 scoring drives and we'll all be talking to each other (and some will be crowing their I told you so's) in the game day thread about how "It looks like we finally have ourselves a QB" as the Jets trot into the LR up 21-7 in the first half with Geno playing flawlessly.

Then after the 2nd half kickoff we watch the ominous 3 and out and the whole team, offense, defense, and special teams will all fall asleep at the same time. Geno will go into his usual shell of fear and stupidity, the defense will start giving the Bengals too much room for cushions and before you know it the announcers will be saying the proverbial "We got ourselves a game here folks don't go anywhere". Then by the 4th quarter Geno turns back into Geno, and we will be no better off than we were during the last 2 years under Wrecks Ryan.

I'm sorry Warfish because I know that you're a big Geno Smith fan asupporter (ahem) but if Fitz the bearded wonder doesn't want to be a Jet this year then I would rather see either Bryce or the Hackman starting, I don't want Geno smith anywhere NEAR Nick Mangold's buttocks on 9/11/16 between 1:00 and 4:15 PM. I mean if we're not making the playoffs anyway, why not see what one of the other kids can do-hell we've all seen what Geno is made of. 

Why would you shorten the word locker room ???? Lol

20 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I truly understand the feelings of the players who want Fitz because they only think in terms of "now" but the GM has to think beyond this season and although they "believe" he gives them the best chance to win, we don't actually know that.  

After a year of watching film on the Jets offense, I expect opposing defenses to really stack the box and dare Fitz to beat them deep more often.  In addition we were lucky in that most of the games we had a lead and played in relatively balmy weather conditions; there is no guarantee of either of those things occurring again.   Players like Devin Smith, Charone Peake and even Robby Anderson will be neutralized because Fitz cannot throw the deep ball consistently.   When playing in windy conditions and from behind, Fitz has struggled mightily for the most part.    If the team cannot come up with a deal that makes sense (both now and for the future) then the players will just have to suck it up and work with whomever wins the quarterback competition in camp.    Whether it is Geno, Petty or Hackenberg.  

I have been one of those guys who up this point did not want to see Hackenberg play this year unless it was an emergency situation.  I still feel that way but I am now more open to the idea of him winning the job outright in camp and becoming the starter.   I don't see it happening but if he makes real strides.... 

This is what I think will happen if Fitz comes back:  the Jets will win about 8 games, or he will get hurt during the season and one of these guys will be playing anyway.  So, what is the front office looking for?  He is the definitive stop-gap.  The Jets 2016 are a bridge to nowhere.  They are thinking about using Geno or maybe bringing Hack in mid season.  They just do not want the fans to do the torches and pitchforks thing-so the may placate them by overpaying Fitz.

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Cutting Breno saves between 4-5 million. 

Signing Wilk could save 4-5 million the first year easily. 

Restructure (not pay cuts) for Mangold and Marshall could save even more than 4-5 million. 

There. Easy. You could have just looked it up yourself. Math is easy. 

This is easy? Cut Breno just because we drafted a 5th round rookie while Ryan Clady is an injury prone LT and we have no Oline depth? What happens if Shell isnt ready and Clady gets hurt? How do you fix that problem when you have no cap money because you gave it all to Fitz? Good luck having no offensive line because of poor player cuts and poor cap management. 

This is easy? Signing Wilk to a long deal which hasnt happened the past two seasons even when Macc had the money last year because the Jets CLEARLY dont want to sign a long term deal with him which is why he's tagged? And even if the Jets were to come to an agreement, they're not finding 4-5 million dollars in that deal. WIlk is tagged for just over 15 million per yer. Finding 4-5 million is basically saying that WIlk is going to agree to play for 10-11 million dollars this season. This guy has been looking for a contract that will pay him 15-16 million annually. Obviously making 10 million a year ISNT what he's looking for. 

I could see Mangold possibly restructuring and Marshall. 

So, you found 4-5 million dollars with a Mangold/Marshall restructure. You're 8 million short. Its not as easy as finding players and saying "cut", "restructure (not paycuts)".  So, the math is easy, its the problem solving thats the doozy. You better wish Macc good luck signing Wilkerson to a contract, especially one that's only going to pay him 10 million this season. If Macc wanted Wilk to a long term contract he would have signed him to one. He's not going to NOW sign him to one in order to get his beloved Ryan Fitzpatrick. Lay off the ganja my friend! 

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I hear what you're saying but what they're saying is what they're saying, however, what have they done to back up what they're saying? Think about it for a second. When free agency started they were in a better financial situation because they didnt sign anyone yet and macc was freeing up cash where he could. Why in the world would Macc cave in now when he didnt even cave by letting Fitz hit FA'cy and basically called his bluff? Fitz could have went to Denver if he would have come down on his price. 

Then Macc drafts a QB in the 2nd round. Now we have a situation that if Fitz comes back we're either doing the unusual 4 QB's on the 53 or we have to cut a guy.....for a QB that we will probably only have for 1 year. 

Then we hear Macc say that he'd want Fitz back, but we havent seen him make one single move to free up money....not even to get to 7million of cap free'd let alone 11-12 million. 

I cant see Macc caving after he was willing to let his ball hand and basically told FItz "You go out and find yourself a deal in FA'cy then", then suddenly cave after Fitz couldnt find a suitor while being a FA for 3 MONTHS. What pressure is there to make him cave? Fitz is either going to accept what the Jets offered or he will retire. If Fitz was picked up in FA the squad would be Geno/Petty/Hack right? Nothing changed. Fitz couldnt call Macc's bluff, that doesnt put Macc under pressure, that puts Fitz under pressure. He has no leverage to force the Jets to cave. He blew that failing to find that level of money in FA'cy for three months. 

Dont look at what they say, look at what they did and what they're still doing. 

22 minutes ago, jack48 said:

This is what I think will happen if Fitz comes back:  the Jets will win about 8 games, or he will get hurt during the season and one of these guys will be playing anyway.  So, what is the front office looking for?  He is the definitive stop-gap.  The Jets 2016 are a bridge to nowhere.  They are thinking about using Geno or maybe bringing Hack in mid season.  They just do not want the fans to do the torches and pitchforks thing-so the may placate them by overpaying Fitz.

What I think is most likely to happen is the Jets are going to pay Fitz 2 years $20mm....and he'll be benched by week 7.   I'm pretty sure management knows this too.

Fitz is a career back up who had just about everything fall into place for him last year and he still missed the playoffs. 

But this organization, under Woody Johnson, has been focused on media/PR 1st and proper football decisions 2nd.  The exact way bad organizations are run.

52 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I hear what you're saying but what they're saying is what they're saying, however, what have they done to back up what they're saying? Think about it for a second. When free agency started they were in a better financial situation because they didnt sign anyone yet and macc was freeing up cash where he could. Why in the world would Macc cave in now when he didnt even cave by letting Fitz hit FA'cy and basically called his bluff? Fitz could have went to Denver if he would have come down on his price. 

Then Macc drafts a QB in the 2nd round. Now we have a situation that if Fitz comes back we're either doing the unusual 4 QB's on the 53 or we have to cut a guy.....for a QB that we will probably only have for 1 year. 

Then we hear Macc say that he'd want Fitz back, but we havent seen him make one single move to free up money....not even to get to 7million of cap free'd let alone 11-12 million. 

I cant see Macc caving after he was willing to let his ball hand and basically told FItz "You go out and find yourself a deal in FA'cy then", then suddenly cave after Fitz couldnt find a suitor while being a FA for 3 MONTHS. What pressure is there to make him cave? Fitz is either going to accept what the Jets offered or he will retire. If Fitz was picked up in FA the squad would be Geno/Petty/Hack right? Nothing changed. Fitz couldnt call Macc's bluff, that doesnt put Macc under pressure, that puts Fitz under pressure. He has no leverage to force the Jets to cave. He blew that failing to find that level of money in FA'cy for three months. 

Dont look at what they say, look at what they did and what they're still doing. 

Well said ... Although I would have phrased it as "Macc's gamble" due to my belief that he would have brought a Hoyer type in instead of starting Geno, if Fitz had gotten a big offer & left ... But that's JMO

1 hour ago, jack48 said:

I don't think Mac is worrying about what the fans think.  If anything the pressure from the players is more relevant and I dont see him caving the placate them either.  He may up his offer a bit to Fitz but I don't think he is going to overpay.

21 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I can't understand why every single person in the Jet organization continues to say they really want him back and hope to find middle ground. 

It seems clear this is the public position they want people making.  It sounds to me like they're going to fold.  

Either that or they don't want a public outcry but want to move on from Fitz' demands. I fear the former but hope the latter. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

What I think is most likely to happen is the Jets are going to pay Fitz 2 years $20mm....and he'll be benched by week 7.   I'm pretty sure management knows this too.

Fitz is a career back up who had just about everything fall into place for him last year and he still missed the playoffs. 

But this organization, under Woody Johnson, has been focused on media/PR 1st and proper football decisions 2nd.  The exact way bad organizations are run.

2010- 13 starts

2011- 16 starts

2012- 16 starts 

2014- 12 starts before broken leg ends season

2015- 16 starts

Today- has offer on the table from Jets to return as starer.

Over 100 starts in 8 seasons with time missed due to injury qualifies as a "career back up"?

LOL

31 minutes ago, ljr said:

Well said ... Although I would have phrased it as "Macc's gamble" due to my belief that he would have brought a Hoyer type in instead of starting Geno, if Fitz had gotten a big offer & left ... But that's JMO

I think we would both assume that Ryan Fitzpatrick is better than Brian Hoyer. 

With that said, why would Macc bring in Hoyer to start over Geno yet last year he brought in Fitz to be Geno's back up? It makes no sense. Macc didnt want Hoyer and he figured that if he had to go that route then why not draft a QB with some potential that you can mold yourself? 

Geno Smith is being heavily underrated with that type of approach. Though I disagree about Fitz being worth 7-12 million to come back because I think Geno could match or surpass what Fitz did last year, I can totally understand why Jets fans would want Fitz back. At the end of the day he had a solid season overall. However, what has Hoyer ever done to get the nod over Geno? I cant find a thing. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is easy? Cut Breno just because we drafted a 5th round rookie while Ryan Clady is an injury prone LT and we have no Oline depth? What happens if Shell isnt ready and Clady gets hurt? How do you fix that problem when you have no cap money because you gave it all to Fitz? Good luck having no offensive line because of poor player cuts and poor cap management. 

This is easy? Signing Wilk to a long deal which hasnt happened the past two seasons even when Macc had the money last year because the Jets CLEARLY dont want to sign a long term deal with him which is why he's tagged? And even if the Jets were to come to an agreement, they're not finding 4-5 million dollars in that deal. WIlk is tagged for just over 15 million per yer. Finding 4-5 million is basically saying that WIlk is going to agree to play for 10-11 million dollars this season. This guy has been looking for a contract that will pay him 15-16 million annually. Obviously making 10 million a year ISNT what he's looking for. 

I could see Mangold possibly restructuring and Marshall. 

So, you found 4-5 million dollars with a Mangold/Marshall restructure. You're 8 million short. Its not as easy as finding players and saying "cut", "restructure (not paycuts)".  So, the math is easy, its the problem solving thats the doozy. You better wish Macc good luck signing Wilkerson to a contract, especially one that's only going to pay him 10 million this season. If Macc wanted Wilk to a long term contract he would have signed him to one. He's not going to NOW sign him to one in order to get his beloved Ryan Fitzpatrick. Lay off the ganja my friend! 

No way we renegotiate Mangold. We'll have to see how good he looks at his age. He counts 9 mil against the cap next year with no penalty for cutting him. Also dumb would be Harris, or MArshall who are too old to project 2 years down the road. We can cut either of them next year if they falter or if we stumble into a replacement. 

We definitely cut Breno, but not till after June 1 because that will save us an extra mil. 5 mil total. 

Probably cut Folk also post June 1 for 2.75 mil. That's more than 7 mil which is what I would give Fitz. 

Brian Winter's would save us 1.6 mil. Hopefully someone outperforms him. Thompkins also 1.6 mill 

We could just move money to the next two years with Decker, Skrine, Gilchrist, and Carpenter if we need it. We'll have plenty of space in those seasons. 

Saying we're strapped is like saying you're broke because your money is all in your savings, and none in your checking account. You just need to transfer it when you need it. We have very little debt. 

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I think we would both assume that Ryan Fitzpatrick is better than Brian Hoyer. 

With that said, why would Macc bring in Hoyer to start over Geno yet last year he brought in Fitz to be Geno's back up? It makes no sense. Macc didnt want Hoyer and he figured that if he had to go that route then why not draft a QB with some potential that you can mold yourself? 

Geno Smith is being heavily underrated with that type of approach. Though I disagree about Fitz being worth 7-12 million to come back because I think Geno could match or surpass what Fitz did last year, I can totally understand why Jets fans would want Fitz back. At the end of the day he had a solid season overall. However, what has Hoyer ever done to get the nod over Geno? I cant find a thing. 

Depends on whether or not you believe that to be 100% true.  We'll never know since Geno got his jaw broken by his teammate, but I think it's plausible that the Jets brought Fitz in to as the backup who they would be fine with putting in as the starter if Geno wasn't playing well enough.  It made perfect sense and it's why I was fine with naming Geno the starter, knowing they had a vet who knew the offense waiting in the wings.

I think if Geno was Geno, Fitz takes over by week 5 after the bye week.

If the plan was to keep Geno under center no matter how bad he was while Fitz, the more proven/productive QB watched from the sidelines, we may as well have Idzik in charge.

Besides, given Geno's unavailability to take part in pre-season games, how do we know Fitz wouldn't have won the job in the pre-season, same way Geno could take it from Fitz this pre-season?

39 minutes ago, AFJF said:

This is a scenario, but not one that Macc is in "control" over. Asking guys like Skrine to restructure requires Skrine to accept it. For example, why is it that none of these "scenarios" implementing Darrelle Revis? Its because Darrelle Revis WONT ACCEPT IT! 

The only control, actual control that Macc has at this moment is cutting players. He can rescind on the Franchise Tag, but then you're saying that one y ear with Fitz is more valuable than one year with Wilk. You can cut Breno, but the offensive line is the least depth of any of the other groups on the team. Add to the fact that Ryan Clady, though more talented than D'Brick, isnt nearly as reliable. The only two guys that I can see restructuring are the two guys constantly in the media. Marshall/Decker. If they want Fitz back so bad, then cut their salary. I havent seen any of them go on the record and say "Im willing to restructure". We havent heard any rumblings of players possibly being restructured. 

The ONLY thing we've heard is that both camps have not spoken in WEEKS! Thats it. 

The fact that Rich Cimini is the one being quoted here shows how low fans would go to show how "easy" it would be to wreck a team to sign a bridge quarterback. 

Ridiculous. 

12 minutes ago, AFJF said:

2010- 13 starts

2011- 16 starts

2012- 16 starts 

2015- 16 starts

Over 100 starts in 8 seasons with time missed due to injury qualifies as a "career back up"?

LOL

He does start almost every year as the backup then somehow gets the starting job. It would be nice for him, and us for him to come into a season as the starter knowing the system, and his players. He really should do what it takes to make that happen, and I believe he will.

Probably sign a 3 year contract for maybe 30 mill but with a final year around 14 mil not guaranteed. That way they can pay him 6 mil on the cap this year. 10 mil the next, then renegotiate, or cut him. 

6 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

No way we renegotiate Mangold. We'll have to see how good he looks at his age. He counts 9 mil against the cap next year with no penalty for cutting him. Also dumb would be Harris, or MArshall who are too old to project 2 years down the road. We can cut either of them next year if they falter or if we stumble into a replacement. 

We definitely cut Breno, but not till after June 1 because that will save us an extra mil. 5 mil total. 

Probably cut Folk also post June 1 for 2.75 mil. That's more than 7 mil which is what I would give Fitz. 

Brian Winter's would save us 1.6 mil. Hopefully someone outperforms him. Thompkins also 1.6 mill 

We could just move money to the next two years with Decker, Skrine, Gilchrist, and Carpenter if we need it. We'll have plenty of space in those seasons. 

Saying we're strapped is like saying you're broke because your money is all in your savings, and none in your checking account. You just need to transfer it when you need it. We have very little debt. 

I wouldnt renegotiate Mangold nor do I think it would happen, I was just trying to be realistic since Crazy went out of his way to write. Trust me.  I dont think any of this nonsense will happen. 

As a side though, Mangold has no more guaranteed money. If the Jets were to cut Mangold there would be zero dead cap. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/nick-mangold/

25 minutes ago, AFJF said:

There's a reason we are in this situation and it's because Mac used the cap lavishly last season. And if he pushes that 8 mil to 2017 and beyond while signing Fitz to 2 years 20 mil, we are talking using about 16-20 mil of cap space for 2017, leaving us with barely any room to breathe (again). We are at $144 mil for 2017. Pushing 20 mil will push that figure to $164 mil. 2016 cap was $155 mil n it could be about $165 mil for 2017. Keep in mind, 2017 figures don't include Mo. Even if we let Mo go this year, we will still carry Fitz salary in 2017 and leaving us with maybe 10 mil in space  

So, do we want Fitz back at the cost of letting Mo go and not being able to pick up any half decent FA in 2017 or are we willing to go with Geno n $20+ mil in cap space for 2017? 

Is Fitz worth $20 mil? Bills fans will be laughing their asses off all the way back after they beat his choking beard again! 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is a scenario, but not one that Macc is in "control" over. Asking guys like Skrine to restructure requires Skrine to accept it. For example, why is it that none of these "scenarios" implementing Darrelle Revis? Its because Darrelle Revis WONT ACCEPT IT! 

The only control, actual control that Macc has at this moment is cutting players. He can rescind on the Franchise Tag, but then you're saying that one y ear with Fitz is more valuable than one year with Wilk. You can cut Breno, but the offensive line is the least depth of any of the other groups on the team. Add to the fact that Ryan Clady, though more talented than D'Brick, isnt nearly as reliable. The only two guys that I can see restructuring are the two guys constantly in the media. Marshall/Decker. If they want Fitz back so bad, then cut their salary. I havent seen any of them go on the record and say "Im willing to restructure". We havent heard any rumblings of players possibly being restructured. 

The ONLY thing we've heard is that both camps have not spoken in WEEKS! Thats it. 

The fact that Rich Cimini is the one being quoted here shows how low fans would go to show how "easy" it would be to wreck a team to sign a bridge quarterback. 

Ridiculous. 

Okay, now you're just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing because you don't like Fitz.  Why would Skrine, or any player, object to moving money around?  Nobody is talking about a pay cut or losing money.  

You know what is ridiculous?  The fact that you think the NFL executive of the year has an offer on the table for his starting quarterback but doesn't know how he's going to pay it.  

47 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I don't think Mac is worrying about what the fans think.  If anything the pressure from the players is more relevant and I dont see him caving the placate them either.  He may up his offer a bit to Fitz but I don't think he is going to overpay.

Anything above $8 mil is overpaying. Anything above a train ticket back home is overpaying. 

8 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Depends on whether or not you believe that to be 100% true.  We'll never know since Geno got his jaw broken by his teammate, but I think it's plausible that the Jets brought Fitz in to as the backup who they would be fine with putting in as the starter if Geno wasn't playing well enough.  It made perfect sense and it's why I was fine with naming Geno the starter, knowing they had a vet who knew the offense waiting in the wings.

I think if Geno was Geno, Fitz takes over by week 5 after the bye week.

If the plan was to keep Geno under center no matter how bad he was while Fitz, the more proven/productive QB watched from the sidelines, we may as well have Idzik in charge.

Besides, given Geno's unavailability to take part in pre-season games, how do we know Fitz wouldn't have won the job in the pre-season, same way Geno could take it from Fitz this pre-season?

Then let me be more specific. 

Macc brings in the players, Coach Bowles places them. Bowles had Fitz as a backup. Furthermore, if Macc (and or bowles) thought Hoyer was also an upgrade to Geno and Fitz is in FA'cy asking for ridiculous money then why not just sign Brian Hoyer? 

Hoyer's contract this season is 2 million dollars. Instead Macc lets a guy who he "thinks" is better than Geno and can get for a fraction of Fitz price.....walk? 

Im seeing alot of reaching here. 

stock-photo-18277348-little-boy-reaching

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Then let me be more specific. 

Macc brings in the players, Coach Bowles places them. Bowles had Fitz as a backup. Furthermore, if Macc (and or bowles) thought Hoyer was also an upgrade to Geno and Fitz is in FA'cy asking for ridiculous money then why not just sign Brian Hoyer? 

Hoyer's contract this season is 2 million dollars. Instead Macc lets a guy who he "thinks" is better than Geno and can get for a fraction of Fitz price.....walk? 

Im seeing alot of reaching here. 

stock-photo-18277348-little-boy-reaching

It's not reaching.  You're doing what a lot of Geno fans are doing. You're seeing facts that upset you, so you have to say that the Jets GM doesn't know how to put a roster together or manage the salary cap, and that Todd Bowles does a poor job of choosing his starting players because he benched his best QB for 14 weeks last season, then promised to bench him again this season.

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Okay, now you're just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing because you don't like Fitz.  Why would Skrine, or any player, object to moving money around?  Nobody is talking about a pay cut or losing money.  

You know what is ridiculous?  The fact that you think the NFL executive of the year has an offer on the table for his starting quarterback but doesn't know how he's going to pay it.  

No, thats not what im doing. 

Is it not true that if  you restructure a contract the player must "agree"????

If there answer is yes, then Macc doesnt have control of that situtation (as I stated). The only control he has is to "ask" for the money hoping that they feel like cutting their own salary means that Fitz can get them to the "playoffs", or start cutting players. 

The fact that you think the "NFL executive of the year" will suddenly start managing like Tanny is your mistake. 

The fact that this was written by Rich only further supports the ridiculousness. Just sayin'

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

It's not reaching.  You're doing what a lot of Geno fans are doing. You're seeing facts that upset you, so you have to say that the Jets GM doesn't know how to put a roster together or manage the salary cap, and that Todd Bowles does a poor job of choosing his starting players because he benched his best QB for 14 weeks last season, then promised to bench him again this season.

And you're doing what alot of Fitz fans are doing. Finding ANY WAY POSSIBLE, no matter how stupid it would be to get him back into a Jets jersey. 

Keep reaching for the stars. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

If there answer is yes, then Macc doesnt have control of that situtation (as I stated). The only control he has is to "ask" for the money hoping that they feel like cutting their own salary means that Fitz can get them to the "playoffs", or start cutting players. 

The fact that you think the "NFL executive of the year" will suddenly start managing like Tanny is your mistake. 

The fact that this was written by Rich only further supports the ridiculousness. Just sayin'

If you restructure a contract you usually put a little extra guaranteed as an incentive. No one would say no to that.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is just hilarious at this point.

I guess Mike Maccagnan is in for a BIG surprise if Fitz agrees to take what's on the table and there's no way for him to free up the money he'll need.

You may love Giacomini, but you're in the minority there.  Perhaps he's only under contract because there hasn't been a good enough reason to cut him yet.  Qvale has stuck through two different regimes and Bowles said he'd be comfortable with him stepping in FWIW.  If so, Breno gets cut, Qvale goes from swing tackle to RT and you find a back up RT in camp.

Or maybe he shouldn't sign his preferred starting QB because it could mean he might not have his preferred back-up RT?

18 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Because everyone in the NFL except Jets fans knows he's the right fit here, The reason he's not in demand is because at his age you don't pay 15 + mill for a guy who has to come in and learn a new system and get used to new players that's just stupid. He fits the system here he plays well with the players here and it would be dumb for another team to offer what they feel we should be offering no GM with a brain makes that move.

Seriously?  You think that if Denver wanted him, Elway would have stayed away because they believe he's the right fit here?   Lol.  Ok.

Hes not getting 10+ mil because he's not worth 10+ mil.  No matter how hard Fitz fans want him to get that kind of money, to help prove that they were right about him.  He's not a top QB, not close.  He's a bottom third QB who happened to get more passing TDs due to his WRs and lack of running game at times.  His ONLY record.  He doesn't make up for his less than thrilling numbers through youth, he has no potential to improve.  In fact people like Polian think he's due for a hard, quick fall.  Not sustained excellence like you dream about

You get paid for your ability, your potential or from demand for your position.  Fitz doesn't check those boxes. 

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And you're doing what alot of Fitz fans are doing. Finding ANY WAY POSSIBLE, no matter how stupid it would be to get him back into a Jets jersey. 

Keep reaching for the stars. 

Dude, you jumping in with the teenage newbies and the name-calling?

Ugh....

12 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I hear you. However, im starting to think that Macc isnt interested in trying to find 12 million dollars 

There is no reason to "find" the cash until (or immediately before) Fitz signs. Much of the required funds would be obtained by mortgaging the future. What if the Jets clear the space and Fitz retires? Then we have mortgaged the future for nothing. You take the loan when your are ready to buy.

2 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

There is no reason to "find" the cash until (or immediately before) Fitz signs. Much of the required funds would be obtained by mortgaging the future. What if the Jets clear the space and Fitz retires? Then we have mortgaged the future for nothing. You take the loan when your are ready to buy.

We can't make the cuts we need until June 1st. My guess is that Fitz signs on that date. 

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

2010- 13 starts

2011- 16 starts

2012- 16 starts 

2015- 16 starts

LOL

you're really looking at mostly one run on a buffalo's bills teams that way overpaid for him and was stuck with him as their starter.  Last year he was brought to be a back-up...otherwise he's mostly been benched.  yes, he's a career back-up - with the benefit of a poor organization making a rash decision and overpay him.

Fitzpatrick is NOT a legitimate NFL starter.  he's a back-up.  

Archived