Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

2 minutes ago, Leelou said:

The anarchist was a one time role, he's now basically a confirmed vanilla townie. From what Verbal is saying, there is a Kingmaker and a backup Kingmaker and once they are both dead the game reverts to normal mafia. 

So, what's the problem.  We get today, tomorrow, and the day after with a confirmed town.  Isn't that a good thing?  Then we can play normal mafia from here on out?

Just now, gEYno said:

So, what's the problem.  We get today, tomorrow, and the day after with a confirmed town.  Isn't that a good thing?  Then we can play normal mafia from here on out?

Because I actually find the dynamic of this game interesting and didn't sign up for a normal mafia game. 

How would you be directing NKs? There is no doc, scum can kill whomever they want. 

Because, tonight, they kill either the kingmaker or Lizzy.

If they kill someone else, the day begins with 2 confirmed innocents.  I mean, that would be great, but it won't happen.

I have to take my canine American to the vet.  Dog is such a negative term.  Please do your best to be kind to one another in my absence.  Verbal please regulate language and emotion while I'm out.  So nice to have a DM trained moderator among us.  Thank you.

• Upvote 3

Just now, gEYno said:

Fair.  If gaining an advantage isn't of value to you, nothing I can argue there.

It just seems like you want to control everything. Winning the game via claims is eh. I like that there is no cop, it's making people actually have to step back and look at people to try to find the scum. 

Just now, Leelou said:

It just seems like you want to control everything. Winning the game via claims is eh. I like that there is no cop, it's making people actually have to step back and look at people to try to find the scum. 

Welcome to 3 years ago when Nolder and I were screaming about this and getting trashed for doing so.

I want the town to win.  I think this will help the town win.  I've laid out pretty logically how it will.  If that's controlling, it is what it is.  I also am pretty confident DPR is scum and have laid out reasons why though out the thread.  I could put together a more concise case, but I imagine that might come off as trying to control as well.

Oh yeah.  we should no longer use Rep here.  Too judgmental.  Every single one of your post are worthy of praise.  Let's instead just imagine giving a player s hardy thumbs up when they make a post we appreciate .  Just don't tell any other player who you are imagining giving a thumbs up to not to hurt anyone feelings or lessen their social stature.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, The Crusher said:

Oh yeah.  we should no longer use Rep here.  Too judgmental.  Every single one of your post are worthy of praise.  Let's instead just imagine giving a player s hardy thumbs up when they make a post we appreciate .  Just don't tell any other player who you are imagining giving a thumbs up to not to hurt anyone feelings or lessen their social stature.  

You really need some carbs. 

13 minutes ago, gEYno said:

1) Pretty sure Verbal is now making up the rules as he goes, because he knows my strategy would shift the balance of power in the game significantly.  But, that's irrelevant.

2) Suddenly you assume that I'm right about Smash.

3) Even if it is only two, that gives 3 days with one extra confirmed innocent.  Which is still a great advantage.  Because we get to direct the NKs.

4) The ONLY negative of this is that it reverts the game to normal mafia in 2 days, the first day of which we will have an advantage with a confirmed innocent.  Which, is what you claim to want all along.

**** off, I'm not making anything up.

Amazing the amount of sh*t I'm taking for providing a game for you to play.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

I want the town to win.  I think this will help the town win.  I've laid out pretty logically how it will.  If that's controlling, it is what it is.  I also am pretty confident DPR is scum and have laid out reasons why though out the thread.  I could put together a more concise case, but I imagine that might come off as trying to control as well.

lol no. The controlling bit is telling people to claim and then thinking you can control the scum team with their kills. You also seem to have issues with a King. So far, DPR did as he said he was going to. I had issues with D1 but I already hashed all that out with Wes and don't feel like diving back into that drivel. We don't know what he would have done because Lizzie went and used his role early. Had everyone voted for DPR and then he didn't vote himself, well then he'd be prime lynch candidate for D3 and I doubt the kingmaker would make him king again. Are you going to have issues with the next king if they run the day with a voting majority again? 

43 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Perfect, then, can anyone explain a disadvantage of a Kingmaker claim?

Someone has to die tonight, but town gets to dictate the NKs.

Also, today especially, town has to keep the kingmaker from today or the anarchist alive, so we go into tomorrow with one confirmed innocent.

Flaws?

I dont see a downside to this....

29 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No idea.  Been very busy trying to make this a kinder more gentle warm enviro were where people can enjoy Teh Mafia goodness without fear of personal attacks.  More than likely probably going to have CTM replace me so I can focus on it more. Considering going back through the entire thread removing the nasty mesn language so people can go re-read without the fear of foul and hurtful language. CTM did not get the dead thread because he was kind enough to offer to sub in if needed.  That CTM, he really does make everything better.  

He's perfect.  Just like everyone that's playing this fun filled family friendly game of bastardmod mafia.

Vote Count

Pac (3) - Lily, Crusher, DPR

DPR (3) - Lizzy, EY, JiF

Ballin (1) - Hallia

JiF (1) - Smash

Decker (2) - 80, Pac

Hallia (3) - Nyn, Leelou, AVM

Smash (1) - JC

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Mod Note:

This is not a bastard game - this is a alternate format game that has a wiki entry for it.  Yes, I've tweaked the setup a small bit from the original posted on the wiki.  Yes, many mods tweak setups to make them more unique.  Still, this is an open setup, and I've answered all questions.....even going so far as to drop hints to aspects of the setup that aren't obvious (like a backup Kingmaker).  I wanted that to not be obvious, but I still answered questions on it.

If you guys truly don't like it, take a vote in BOLD BLUE.  If a majority say they don't like it, I'll end the game.  It won't hurt my feelings, I promise - I'm already not going to mod here again, so there is literally no negative to just voting if you feel like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, I think a few players have allowed themselves to become a little too judgmental at this point in their mafia "careers".  It is not a becoming trait, FYI.  There is such a thing as offering constructive criticism and conveying your thoughts/feelings on a subject, and then there is just whining & being an asshat.  This site used to be the penultimate mafia experience - good mafia played at a high level, with a solid amount of trash talking and joking around (memes, personalized jokes, rivalries, etc.).  But there was always a blunted edge to this trash talking and insulting.  It was funny, accurate, and meant to be received as if with a beer and fist bump.

Now?  sh*t has gotten nasty, people are being dicks, and Crusher has clearly lost his ******* mind (just see his last dozen posts).  I know he's trying to diffuse in his own way, and we love him for it.  But seriously.....let's ******* end this new-age JN atmosphere, and get back to the way we used to play.  If alt-format games are not welcome, then let's just speak up and not run them anymore.  I love alt-format games, and I expect a level of complaining and bitching about it......but this is just excessive to a level that isn't fun for anybody (myself included).

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Leelou said:

lol no. The controlling bit is telling people to claim and then thinking you can control the scum team with their kills. You also seem to have issues with a King. So far, DPR did as he said he was going to. I had issues with D1 but I already hashed all that out with Wes and don't feel like diving back into that drivel. We don't know what he would have done because Lizzie went and used his role early. Had everyone voted for DPR and then he didn't vote himself, well then he'd be prime lynch candidate for D3 and I doubt the kingmaker would make him king again. Are you going to have issues with the next king if they run the day with a voting majority again? 

I'm going to be consistently concerned with a king that will hammer based on a small number of votes, yes.  I think that provides us with less of a likelihood of catching scum as well as less information about the votes and less information about the king.

7 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I'm going to be consistently concerned with a king that will hammer based on a small number of votes, yes.  I think that provides us with less of a likelihood of catching scum as well as less information about the votes and less information about the king.

Would you rather a king that goes with votes, or one that just makes a decision? 

13 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Mod Note:

This is not a bastard game - this is a alternate format game that has a wiki entry for it.  Yes, I've tweaked the setup a small bit from the original posted on the wiki.  Yes, many mods tweak setups to make them more unique.  Still, this is an open setup, and I've answered all questions.....even going so far as to drop hints to aspects of the setup that aren't obvious (like a backup Kingmaker).  I wanted that to not be obvious, but I still answered questions on it.

If you guys truly don't like it, take a vote in BOLD BLUE.  If a majority say they don't like it, I'll end the game.  It won't hurt my feelings, I promise - I'm already not going to mod here again, so there is literally no negative to just voting if you feel like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, I think a few players have allowed themselves to become a little too judgmental at this point in their mafia "careers".  It is not a becoming trait, FYI.  There is such a thing as offering constructive criticism and conveying your thoughts/feelings on a subject, and then there is just whining & being an asshat.  This site used to be the penultimate mafia experience - good mafia played at a high level, with a solid amount of trash talking and joking around (memes, personalized jokes, rivalries, etc.).  But there was always a blunted edge to this trash talking and insulting.  It was funny, accurate, and meant to be received as if with a beer and fist bump.

Now?  sh*t has gotten nasty, people are being dicks, and Crusher has clearly lost his ******* mind (just see his last dozen posts).  I know he's trying to diffuse in his own way, and we love him for it.  But seriously.....let's ******* end this new-age JN atmosphere, and get back to the way we used to play.  If alt-format games are not welcome, then let's just speak up and not run them anymore.  I love alt-format games, and I expect a level of complaining and bitching about it......but this is just excessive to a level that isn't fun for anybody (myself included).

tl;dr 

gfy

• Upvote 2

Calm down Verb..  Every mod goes through this.

I'm actually having fun with the format.  DPR's abysmal run as King has been quite amusing.

I read people being ticky tacky with your rules as standard operating procedure.  I've been called the worst mod ever about 600 times.  And I'm the best.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Would you rather a king that goes with votes, or one that just makes a decision? 

Listens to cases, makes a decision on his own.  I think that provides us with more/most valuable information.

It also doesn't allow king ability to eschew all responsibility.  In this case, DPR hammered the doctor, but now has the argument that "it's what the people wanted," rather than be held accountable. 

Just now, gEYno said:

Listens to cases, makes a decision on his own.  I think that provides us with more/most valuable information.

It also doesn't allow king ability to eschew all responsibility.  In this case, DPR hammered the doctor, but now has the argument that "it's what the people wanted," rather than be held accountable. 

pretty much.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

No real way to hold him accountable until the Kingmaker stops trolling but whatever.   I suspect DPR is scum but whatever alignment I would not expect nor approve of him voting himself.

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

No real way to hold him accountable until the Kingmaker stops trolling but whatever.   I suspect DPR is scum but whatever alignment I would not expect nor approve of him voting himself.

Exactly.  Mentioned that a while back.

The good news is, we can take our shot at DPR today, because there's a good chance he may be king again tomorrow.