Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

On 5/25/2016 at 9:28 AM, D P R said:

***TRUMPETS***

HEAR YE, HEAR YE...

My day 1 impressions:

EY may be rusty, but he's backpedaling. He went from his "statistics over information gathering" stance to an apology tour. Scummish.

Calder is trying to sprinkle clever over his fluff. Scummish.

Nyn went from attacking to agreeing. Never a good sign.

Pac is holding back - he wants to say more (you know he does) but is restraining himself.

JC feels a bit off, like a guy who knows he's gonna peak at 1 and doesn't want to wait until 4.

And then we have the lurkers.

CTM is like a grounded, one winged plane. It's kind of sad. 

The rest is meh so far.

11 minutes ago, D P R said:

EY and JiF are both leaders on my scum list.

Both have tried to lead the town, though neither truly explained the direction they proposed.

Both have now stated that they will not vote, thereby taking away fro the only tool the town has to win.

And both cry like mother ******* babies about it.

I also don't care for Decker or Lizzy this game. Neither has made any meaningful contribution. 

What about Nyn? Pac? JC? 

12 minutes ago, D P R said:

I also don't care for Decker or Lizzy this game. Neither has made any meaningful contribution. 

I could get behind these 2 candidates.  Decker is throwing me off because he keeps repping every post where I call him scum.  It's weird. 

8 minutes ago, D P R said:

Both have now stated that they will not vote, thereby taking away fro the only tool the town has to win.

This is what particularly bugs me. I get sounding an opinion and disagreeing with what's been decided, but that doesn't mean it's okay to just sit back and not participate. At least do something. JiF at least has 2-3 scum reads. gayno has only a read on you that appeared out of thin air after the flip and that is basically based solely on that. And the whole early d1 smash paranoia prod that, if I recall, he eventually went back on? There's like zero effort. Just arguments about what tactic to use and finger pointing post flip after sitting back and doing squat.

18 minutes ago, D P R said:

Well played.

I know I like to play aloof and all joking and what not but I genuinely as confused as I've ever been about game mechanics right now

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

Likewise.  DPR posted something about how today was going to go but I never the bastardmod confirm it or anything. 

Likewise.

Good point...I was making an assumption based off Verb posting VC's.

@Verbal is the day officially "standard mafia" or are is this one of those "this is the kings rule at this time" things?

2 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Hiya Puddin'! :wub::wub::wub: 

Why hello there my pumpkin pie!

Have you and anyone else noticed that while we go after generally the same players all the inactives from yesterday have disappeared...again? Because I don't find that funny...and I find everything funny.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

When Smash is scum, he focuses on trivial b.s like he did all day yesterday after the death.  He also wont stick his neck out, like he did all day yesterday.  He also fears CTM more than anyone in the game.  Like he has a genuine obsession with CTM.  It's my take, he suggested killing him in the QT last night.

I think Smash is scum.

I don't hate the smash as scum thing because of his early paranoia.

1 minute ago, AVM said:

Why hello there my pumpkin pie!

Have you and anyone else noticed that while we go after generally the same players all the inactives from yesterday have disappeared...again? Because I don't find that funny...and I find everything funny.

They're ruining our fun. :(

Nynaeve 185 posts

D P R 132 posts

Jetsfan80 121 posts

The Crusher 111 posts

JiF 96 posts

Leelou 82 posts

gEYno 73 posts

AVM 63 posts

Calder 59 posts - DEAD

Smashmouth 56 posts

Verbal 49 posts - MOD

CTM 41 posts - DEAD

HessStation 34 posts - BEST DAMNED GHOST

deckerfan 32 posts

Hallia 31 posts

Lizard King 25 posts

Jetscode1 23 posts

BallinPB 21 posts

Pac 21 posts

Lily 16 posts

I'd guess that there are at least 2 scum down in this list. Doubtful of it being Lily, since I have a town read on her from her posts. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You have yet to place a vote this game. 

A vote that counts, or a vote at all?  Not that it technically matters, but literally not voting a player even as a joke through a full day phase would be bizarre.

17 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

So aside from DPR, got any reads? 

Most of my reads are contingent on DPR and I think it's pretty imperative to resolve it.

But, I'm not loving 80 and I'm not loving Smash at the moment.  You sit at 4.  AVM makes me a bit nervous, but I respect her game and can resolve it later.  If I knew more about Lily, I'd be concerned, but not ready to make any moves on that.

1 minute ago, AVM said:

A vote that counts, or a vote at all?  Not that it technically matters, but literally not voting a player even as a joke through a full day phase would be bizarre.

He may have voted before a king was established on D1, but beyond that, nada. 

14 minutes ago, Leelou said:

JiF - because I mostly agree with what he's saying.

80 - I have him as a tiny scum lean from the way he was starting out Day 1 and when he and JiF were going at it. He said JiF was starting out the same as last game, which he clearly wasn't. 

What are your thoughts on our grand and mighty King? 

I felt a little wary about him at first, around start-mid d1 because he was sort of sitting back. And obviously he needs to take stances too so he could be read. But at the same time if I were in his shoes on D1? I think I'd be more about observing than swooping in and taking over, at least for a bit. And I'd prolly also go with majority and use everyone's thoughts vs be vain enough to think I know it all. So I've been cool with his method.

Later he got more involved imo, when there was more to work with (though he was also nudged to contribute more). But the whole EoD thing gave me the feeling that he was being set up for an oversight. Sometimes townies do dumb sh*t and give scum the perfect opportunity for a clean mislynch. I REALLY didn't like gayno pouncing the way he did. He seemed way too hyped to actually have something to talk about. So it's fair to say that my DPR read is colored by my read of gayno to some extent. Also, I think DPR did well responding to various players about EoD and defending himself. 

So tentative light green read atp. But after the Calder **** up I'm not feeling super confident here. 

57 minutes ago, deckerfan said:

Awesome DPR King forever. He can choose himself! :) Wooooo 

I'll get back to you on that, love

10 minutes ago, gEYno said:

AVM makes me a bit nervous, but I respect her game and can resolve it later.  If I knew more about Lily, I'd be concerned, but not ready to make any moves on that.

So I think it's fair to say the princess tiara has blown up in my face.

• Upvote 1