Is Geno a leader?

BowlesMovement

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, metsjets55 said:

I'm going to be serious about geno. Athletic, great arm! Means nothing! He's a bad qb! Doesn't work hard! Doesn't have the desire to be great! Main word being Desire!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Fitz:  After an 11 year career of mostly bad play and being a journeyman, he's sitting home expecting a big pay day.  

Geno:  At every practice and when team activities aren't happening, he's working with some of the NFL's best WRs trying to get better. 

Fitz:  Content as a weak armed low rate QB.

Geno:  Even with the cards stacked against him (NY media, "fans", Rex, Mornhinweg, no talent at WR...), he's still out pushing to get better and succeed.

Yeah, Geno is the one lacking desire here. :huh:

Fitz

Skinnyguy.jpg

Geno

17 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Both.  Also says a lot about how bad Rex/Mornhinweg and the WRs were for a young QB who really needed some time to learn (like almost all young QBs).

Yeah, let's throw the CS under the bus.  The one that played Smith.  Why don't you blame the team bus driver and ball boys while you are at it?

There is no evidence whatsoever that Marty was the reason Smith played so badly.

11 hours ago, metsjets55 said:

Why do you ask?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Because you brought it up. 

Knowing the player could shed light on why the statement was made, and with that it could also let me know whether to take it with a grain of salt. 

If Sanchez for example said it after his injury/departure from the Jets I would have to take it with a grain of salt. 

So, who's the player? 

We don't know.  We know he has been nothing close to a leader up to this point.  Once camp starts and the huddle/locker room belong to Geno, we'll find out.

16 hours ago, metsjets55 said:

I actually had conversation with former jet player who played with gino, he said he had no leadership qualities, didn't study play book

Hmmm ...

16 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Who's the player? 

ditto

16 hours ago, metsjets55 said:

Why do you ask?

^ dumb question  

5 hours ago, metsjets55 said:

Chris baker

That's why VTF asked ... Jets cut Baker in '09 ... fours years before drafting Geno.   :rl:

On 6/19/2016 at 11:48 PM, Flushing Roots said:

Leadership is measured by how many people follow you and respect you.

Didn't see alot of Jets rally around Geno after IK busted his jaw.

Russell Wilson had squabbles with some of his teammates (Harvin, Tate). Does that mean he's not a leader?

50 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

His team rallies around him and respects him.

There are squabbles on every team.  No one would ever clock Russell Wilson and break his jaw.

Unless Wilson had a squabble with a guy like IK of course, someone who's had this type of history. 

Of course if this was Russell WIlson (because he's liked for "winning") people would have been all over IK and would have been the first to mention his past in college and with a police officer and would have never mentioned Wilson being at fault along with $600 that he didnt owe (which Geno stated he didnt owe). 

Bottomline, Geno's the quarterback.

59 minutes ago, no psls said:

Geno is a two-bit thug ; he let $600.00 cause a riff on the team ; send his ass packing !!!

Like Sheldon, this is the "true" Geno Smith huh? lol. 

Dude had a disagreement over money, didnt hit anyone, has no history of hitting anyone, got his jaw broken by a guy with a history of physical violence, yet he's the thug? 

If Fitz isnt signed, Geno's the quarterback. 

Sports is the perfect area for people's hypocrisy to show.  For instance, six years
ago Lebron James left CLE and the whole city burned his jersey and the owner wrote
a scathing letter attacking him.  Now he came back, won a championship and THOSE
SAME PEOPLE love him and want to create a statue of him!!!  Why???  Because results
overrules all in sports.  If Smith is the QB and he performs at a high level all the
venom people have poured out about him will disappear along with those people.  In
addition people will say how he's "grown as a leader" 

10 minutes ago, KRL said:

Sports is the perfect area for people's hypocrisy to show.  For instance, six years
ago Lebron James left CLE and the whole city burned his jersey and the owner wrote
a scathing letter attacking him.  Now he came back, won a championship and THOSE
SAME PEOPLE love him and want to create a statue of him!!!  Why???  Because results
overrules all in sports.  If Smith is the QB and he performs at a high level all the
venom people have poured out about him will disappear along with those people.  In
addition people will say how he's "grown as a leader" 

^^^^

8 hours ago, King P said:

Russell Wilson had squabbles with some of his teammates (Harvin, Tate). Does that mean he's not a leader?

eh, in this comparison... Geno is more Harvin, than Wilson. 

RW didn't bring dischord into the locker room, he dealt with it, as a leader.

Geno is the one that brought the dischord by being a sh*t to IK. Remember after it happened... there was nobody coming out saying Geno was in the right. 

9 hours ago, jetrider said:

Hmmm ...

ditto

^ dumb question  

That's why VTF asked ... Jets cut Baker in '09 ... fours years before drafting Geno.   :rl:

SO I see you gave me a negative rep for saying there is no evidence that Marty was responsible for Smith's problems in 13 and 14.  Well, you may like to think anybody but Smith was.  But what is your evidence that Marty was responsible?  Do you have a single shred, or do you just give negative reps to posts that offend your Smith Fan sensibilities?

I think it's the later.  Prove me wrong.

Evidence.  Not your opinion.

22 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Bowles & Big Mac say hi.

Bowles on Geno getting beat up:

"I didn't say Smith was innocent.  It was tit for tat, he said/she said, high school stuff that they could have handled better"

6 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

SO I see you gave me a negative rep for saying there is no evidence that Marty was responsible for Smith's problems in 13 and 14.  Well, you may like to think anybody but Smith was.  But what is your evidence that Marty was responsible?  Do you have a single shred, or do you just give negative reps to posts that offend your Smith Fan sensibilities?

I think it's the later.  Prove me wrong.

Evidence.  Not your opinion.

lol this "evidence " bs. This is football bud. You ever play ? It's not a school science project. The unlikely is just as much likely to happen as the " probable. " Show me the " evidence that Ryan Fitzpatrick can repeat his "career yr " after 10/11 seasons as a journeyman  ? If you do know anything about football you should know, most qbs don't come close to their ceiling just after 2 seasons. It was " fact " geno did not have the dynamic duo at WR fitz did. If we threw Hackenberg out there this yr and next and he didn't "light it up" I'm sure you may be one of the geniuses who would call him a bust too.. I love know it all fans who are usually wrong and then go dark on the boards when they are proven wrong..

49 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

lol this "evidence " bs. This is football bud. You ever play ? It's not a school science project. The unlikely is just as much likely to happen as the " probable. " Show me the " evidence that Ryan Fitzpatrick can repeat his "career yr " after 10/11 seasons as a journeyman  ? If you do know anything about football you should know, most qbs don't come close to their ceiling just after 2 seasons. It was " fact " geno did not have the dynamic duo at WR fitz did. If we threw Hackenberg out there this yr and next and he didn't "light it up" I'm sure you may be one of the geniuses who would call him a bust too.. I love know it all fans who are usually wrong and then go dark on the boards when they are proven wrong..

I said there's no evidence supporting Mike's assertion that Marty was responsible for Smith's poor performance in 14 and 15, and you gave me a negative rep for saying that.

And when I questioned why, as you did, you gave me a negative rep for that post, here you come back with some bs having nothing to do  with Marty.

I suggest if that's all you have that you take that negative rep back.  Ftr I don't care about my totals and all that at all.   I just wonder what motivates people to post them.  Now that you've shown you had no good reason, I expect you will be stand up and proceed to remove it.

• 4 weeks later...
On June 22, 2016 at 7:20 AM, Flushing Roots said:

His team rallies around him and respects him.

There are squabbles on every team.  No one would ever clock Russell Wilson and break his jaw.

Yes, because all humans react to situations the same way.  IK assaulted a police officer and it was the police officer's fault.  Aaron Hernandez got disrespected by a guy and planned out his murder, despite have a multi-million dollar contract.  It was the guy's fault.  Maybe, just maybe, IK has a little problem with violence. 

1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

Yes, because all humans react to situations the same way.  IK assaulted a police officer and it was the police officer's fault.  Aaron Hernandez got disrespected by a guy and planned out his murder, despite have a multi-million dollar contract.  It was the guy's fault.  Maybe, just maybe, IK has a little problem with violence. 

If IK assaulted a police officer and he got his jaw broken it would mean he was not prepared the same as Geno. If Geno took IK down, or at least ducked there would be no issue. Stand up and look the guy in the eye. It's not the same as being hunted by Hernandez after you'd left. 

Archived