How the Jets are selling out their most loyal season ticket holders

joewilly12

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

A fan who paid his PSL in full and then chooses not to purchase season tickets loses this license, the Jets keep the money, the Jets are free to sell the PSL to someone else at a price that they see fit.

A fan who was on a PSL payment plan would be through a third-party financing company and would be defaulting on a loan, no different than if you stopped making car payments, I'm assuming they'd sell your debt to a collection agency, report you to credit rating companies, the works.

SAR I

There is no 3rd party finance company you pea brained nitwit. It was all through the Jets. I love how you speak like you have a clue. 

Most of what you write is false but most folks don't read your posts to bother to call you out. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, SAR I said:

That's not the case any more.  One of the rights of PSL holders is to resell tickets without threat of punishment, we are free to do as we wish at any price.  Same for reselling the PSL's to another party, there is a simple paperwork process but we hold the cards.

And this is another benefit of PSL's:  No one "eats" tickets any more.  If I can't go to a few games because of work or family obligations I can recoup as much money as I can for those times, take advantage of Stubhub and their instant downloads, let another Jets fan go to a game at fair market value.

You can stop trying to take shots at the PSL process and PSL owners now.  It worked.  It worked for the Jets, it worked for their fans, it worked for the waitlisters, it got the carpetbaggers and the profiteers out, it's all good.

SAR I

Not taking shots at all and if it worked the Jets wouldn't be doing what they are doing. 

The right to buy more seats with no PSL is of most value to LGL, LSL or Lower Prime. Those seats have lower ticket prices considering on sideline. And psl free is a great deal. 

Club seats with with no psl still sucks as ticket price is crazy high.  The lower level end zone, Lower corners, mezz a and mezz b are bad seats to attempt to resell even without a psl and since high rows and few if any aisle seats not worth buying as you can cherry pick at face or below 

The row 26 four seats off aisle in 134 by 135 they had Friday is between five and ten yard line with good elevation, high but not too high with a 140 face. That is a good deal psl free. Row 40 LL EZ those seats suck bad yet almost same face on ticket 

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Back in the day YOU TOOK A CHANCE SELLING TICKETS ON THE OPEN MARKET IF YOU DID AND SOMEONE VIOLATED THE RULES you lost your season tickets 

If you didn't  or couldn't attend the game (hardly ever) you ate the tickets. 

Nobody cares about "Back in the day".  Has little relevance in 2016.

1 hour ago, Section 333 said:

There is no 3rd party finance company you pea brained nitwit. It was all through the Jets. I love how you speak like you have a clue. 

Most of what you write is false but most folks don't read your posts to bother to call you out. 

You are both wrong.  Both the Jets and Giants borrowed heavily to build the stadium.  The financial institutions who were the lenders dictated the terms of all financing plans for fans in establishing the above market (significantly above market)  interest rates for both the 5 year (6%) and 15 year (8%) PSL Payment plans.  So although you are correct in that there was no direct 3rd party lender to the fans buying PSLs, the lenders for the Giants and Jets had a lot of control in the process, financing plans, terms of the PSL contract and the like.  

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's the complete opposite.  People are pissing on PSL owners like myself because we can afford them.  The rhetoric is defensive, not offensive.  Start reading this thread from the beginnings, see the callouts, see the personal attacks, then see my responses.

There's some pathetic unwritten rule on the internet that says people without money can take shots at people with money and not the other way around.  Well, when people stop throwing their poverty in our faces, we'll stop throwing our wealth in theirs I guess, PSL owners aren't here to be told how to spend our fun money.

SAR I

I'm not sure if I've ever quoted you before, but I must admit that its hard for me to agree with this here. Many times in the past I've read your comments in passing and you ultimately get into talking about your wealth. I dont think this has anything to do with others talking about their poverty. I've never seen people flaunt their poverty while using "italics" in order to throw their poverty stricken inability to purchase season tickets/PSL in the face of this group you speak of as if they're wealth-shaming the "PSL elitists" lol. Maybe they have, Im just saying I've never really seen that. I dont think anyone on this forum is in poverty, they may not have fun money like you, but I wouldnt assume poverty. Maybe their amount would be considered poverty to you...but what does it matter really? You talk about your wealth often enough for me to even notice it and I dont think we've ever actually spoken. With that said, hello...my name is Villain. :D

I dont think anyone cares about your wealth the way you're portraying it, or atleast believe they do. I dont think people are counting your bankroll. You have money to burn. Good for you, especially if you're earning it. I'd personally like to have that type of money no doubt. But It really does sounds to me that you're gloating here and using wealth as some sort of Jets fan loyalty barometer. 

better to extend the opportunity to a fellow PSL holder than a carpetbagging quitter season ticket holder from Giants Stadium who took the free seats in the MetLife upper deck when the Jets were playing in Championship games and spit in our faces as soon as the going got tough.

This^^^ sounds like you're basing loyalty to the team on their spending habits, while at the same time sh*tting on them though not knowing anything about them or their financial status. This was just a general statement you threw out there indiscriminately. Maybe that person isnt as wealthy as you and must weigh their options....especially when the team wasnt really putting quality football on the field. sh*t, thats what I do. When the team plays like crap I stop buying merchandise etc. That's my way of feeling that the team must earn my dollars. Hey, maybe if I had your money (not counting your wallet) maybe it wouldnt matter to me. 

My first ever Jets game that I attended was due to @Lil Bit Special offering me to come out and join him and his son. Never met me before, he just noticed me semi-trolling here on Jetnation and wanted to put a face to my trolling. Since then I've been to quite a few games (on my own dime for the record! lol), buying gameday tickets from PSL holders with good seats when I felt like "splurging", making sure I put some money in the hands of Tailgate Joe so I can get my hands on some burgers and cannoli's, but most of the time im up in the nosebleeds with the rest of the peasants, I mean Jets fans. lol. Point being, I never once felt the need to throw shade at the season ticket/PSL holders because they are actually able to afford it. Also, I dont think posters here who criticize the PSL's are also criticizing you for being able to afford it and still afford family vacations. Then again, I rarely speak on the PSL topic because I dont care much about it since Im not buying them. I personally love my living room and the way the game is presented on television. I like getting up with friends (back when I was living in NY) and being able to buy a 6 pack of beer for less money than it would be for one bottle (without the bottle top) at the stadium. Even if I had that type of money to blow, it would be enjoyable the first couple times, but im more of a "home with friends or bar with friends...but ultimately watching it on TV" kinda guy.

Im not rich by any stretch, and me using the word "wealthy" would be an even bigger joke. However, someone who thinks that the PSL situation is ridiculous isnt hating on people who can afford them. I think the PSL situation is ridiculous...doesnt mean I hate SAR I and the the crew in your section that never complains about it. I can afford to do whatever is within my financial means....doesnt mean that everything within those means is a good place to put my money. You can be wealthy and still be frugal or hold the perspective that your money is still valuable no matter how much of it you have, with the intention of always maximizing your spending power...or it could just be fun money. But I dont think people here are attacking you because you have money. They only reason why we would ever know you had it is because you often tell us about your financial status. 

You got money. Can I have some? :-) 

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You are both wrong.  Both the Jets and Giants borrowed heavily to build the stadium.  The financial institutions who were the lenders dictated the terms of all financing plans for fans in establishing the above market (significantly above market)  interest rates for both the 5 year (6%) and 15 year (8%) PSL Payment plans.  So although you are correct in that there was no direct 3rd party lender to the fans buying PSLs, the lenders for the Giants and Jets had a lot of control in the process, financing plans, terms of the PSL contract and the like.  

You are wrong. They may have borrowed from institutions. But the loan came from the Jets, no ss# no credit check, only info they have is my address. The bank may have an interest in that loan they gave the Jets, but it doesn't change the fact that the loan came from the Jets. 

Just now, Section 333 said:

You are wrong. They may have borrowed from institutions. But the loan came from the Jets, no ss# no credit check, only info they have is my address. The bank may have an interest in that loan they gave the Jets, but it doesn't change the fact that the loan came from the Jets. 

That's what I said.  The loan is from the team, but the financers for the teams dictated the terms of all PSL agreements.  The financial institutions had much say in the process and dictated the terms of all payment plans. The obligation of the fan  is directly to the NY Jets or NY Giants and not to the banks.  But the banks set the terms.  THat's all I'm saying here. 

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

That's what I said.  The loan is from the team, but the financers for the teams dictated the terms of all PSL agreements.  The financial institutions had much say in the process and dictated the terms of all payment plans. The obligation of the fan  is directly to the NY Jets or NY Giants and not to the banks.  But the banks set the terms.  THat's all I'm saying here. 

Saying that sar and I are both wrong is incorrect. Sar was wrong not me. I said the loan came from the jets, Sar said it came from 3rd party finance company. Wtf am I missing here?

2 minutes ago, Section 333 said:

Saying that sar and I are both wrong is incorrect. Sar was wrong not me. I said the loan came from the jets, Sar said it came from 3rd party finance company. Wtf am I missing here?

the details.

I don't give a rats ass who set the terms, the loan came from the jets. 

Im more interested how Sar thinks he can speak on things that he has no idea about. Take a stab at something be wrong, and then disappear from the thread.

Sar u are a joke. U lost the shred of credability u had. Which wasn't much anyway cause most of us don't buy u have money Anyway. 

Another thing about that halfwit Sar that bothers me is whenever someone is anti psl he claims it's poverty. 

Thsts pure bs. Never did I say I can't afford my psl. All I said is I made a mistake and see no value in a psl. 

Sweet that u are concerned for mr fake ass rich person, but im doing just fine. I own 2 houses, have a job , credit, and money in the bank. If I had to bet I'd say I have more than u. In my experience the folks who talk about what they have consistently, actually don't have.

I don't give a rats ass who set the terms, the loan came from the jets. 

Im more interested how Sar thinks he can speak on things that he has no idea about. Take a stab at something be wrong, and then disappear from the thread.

Sar u are a joke. U lost the shred of credability u had. Which wasn't much anyway cause most of us don't buy u have money Anyway. 

SAR riles up Jets fans more than I do.

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Enjoy the season always great to be part of the atmosphere tailgating and live action on the field. 

You, too!  I love the whole experience.  Can't wait for some tailgating and football action!  Still pretty much my favorite way to spend a day!

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

There's some pathetic unwritten rule on the internet that says people without money can take shots at people with money and not the other way around. 

There is no rule, and you're not a victim.  You're free to mock and demean the plebs all you like SAR.

What you're not free from is the plebs response.  

the additional tickets -I called were all high rows which have zero interest to me-I have numerous psls including some of the best in the house-It was my choice to buy them and I have zero regrets.The jets definitely took away some of the perks from the better psls -example of this was extending green permits

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

I paid in full and did not get a payment plan, the Jets set up a third-party LLC for these transactions, the Jets website says the following:

What happens if I do not purchase my season tickets or complete my PSL payments?
If you default on your obligations under the PSL Agreement or Club Seat Agreement, Jets Stadium Development LLC will have the rights listed in the default provisions of those agreements, which include forfeiture of your PSL and all monies you have paid for that PSL up to that point.

If someone who signed a financing agreement can post the "rights listed in the default provisions" of those agreements it would answer the question.  My recollection from forum discussions 8 years ago was that those who did the financing were on the hook for interest and scheduled payments no different than a car loan or a personal loan and were subject to credit history reporting and collection if the Jets Stadium Development LLC chose to go after them.  What the Jets actually do, I don't know.

SAR I

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Not taking shots at all and if it worked the Jets wouldn't be doing what they are doing. 

The PSL process worked, the Jets are 97% attended, we lead the AFC in attendance and we suck for the most part.  Jets fans should be applauded for their loyalty.

What the Jets are doing is simply smart business-  in Giants Stadium the traditional turnover of season tickets was 3% per year.  People move, people hit hard times, people pass away.  Back when we had a waitlist the Jets would quietly offer a waiting fan seats in the building and that was that.  It was done quietly.  There were no emails.  There was no media splash.  Today, without a waitlist, and in a world with Stubhub, the Jets need to use modern tools to offer tickets to others.  Simple as that.

You seem to think that because the Jets had a waitlist in 1994 and there is no waitlist in 2016 that something is wrong when, in fact, the stadium has been flushed and the scalpers and brokers and corporations and grandchildren who profited on the fans backs were pushed out and loyal fans joined in.  If the math says that there were more scalpers and brokers and corporations and grandchildren pretending to be Jets fans then there were actual Jets fans, so what?  We lose somehow because there were more profiteers than fans?  The building is 97% attended for every home game in a stadium that is 6% larger.  Good for us.

SAR I

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I'm not sure if I've ever quoted you before, but I must admit that its hard for me to agree with this here. Many times in the past I've read your comments in passing and you ultimately get into talking about your wealth. I dont think this has anything to do with others talking about their poverty. I've never seen people flaunt their poverty while using "italics" in order to throw their poverty stricken inability to purchase season tickets/PSL in the face of this group you speak of as if they're wealth-shaming the "PSL elitists" lol. Maybe they have, Im just saying I've never really seen that.

This^^^ sounds like you're basing loyalty to the team on their spending habits, while at the same time sh*tting on them though not knowing anything about them or their financial status. This was just a general statement you threw out there indiscriminately. Maybe that person isnt as wealthy as you and must weigh their options....especially when the team wasnt really putting quality football on the field. sh*t, thats what I do. When the team plays like crap I stop buying merchandise etc. That's my way of feeling that the team must earn my dollars. Hey, maybe if I had your money (not counting your wallet) maybe it wouldnt matter to me. 

Im not rich by any stretch, and me using the word "wealthy" would be an even bigger joke. However, someone who thinks that the PSL situation is ridiculous isnt hating on people who can afford them. I think the PSL situation is ridiculous...doesnt mean I hate SAR I and the the crew in your section that never complains about it. I can afford to do whatever is within my financial means....doesnt mean that everything within those means is a good place to put my money. You can be wealthy and still be frugal or hold the perspective that your money is still valuable no matter how much of it you have, with the intention of always maximizing your spending power...or it could just be fun money. But I dont think people here are attacking you because you have money. They only reason why we would ever know you had it is because you often tell us about your financial status. 

You got money. Can I have some? :-) 

There is no way to have a PSL conversation without talking about money.  Why?  Because all the PSL criticism is aimed at the Jets money (they're greedy and ripping off the fans!) or the PSL owners money (they're idiots who wasted money!) and we are both Jets fans and PSL owners.

Let's say that this were a Utz Pretzel forum and you bought Utz Pretzels every week from your grocery store, 52 weeks a year you're buying a bag of Utz Pretzels and someone comes in to the Utz Pretzel forum creating a thread called "Utz Are Selling Out Their Fans!" and called you out specifically for being so stupid as to spend $2.99 every week for a bag of Utz Pretzels when you could have spent $2.75.  They tell you you're an idiot, you're a fool, that there is a way to save money by going to a price club, and on and on, what a moron you are for buying Utz Pretzels for $2.99

Would you not discuss the money?  Would you not call the people running around trying to save a quarter "cheap"?  Would you not tell the people making a huge issue in a public forum over how you spend your snack money to mind their own business?

It's like that.

SAR I

Club seats psls were a big rip-off. Unless they sold me row one club corners on aisle closest to club goal line seats without a psl the ticket price is a killer. 

I had mezz seats by ten yard line in old stadium and the view was not great. First three rows you got dripped on in rain and the back rows were a cave with TVs in back rows as you could not even see high kick offs. 

The upper deck had a rough crowd in old stadium 

The lower sideline seats between 30s was great in old stadium but were extremely hard to get

One issue I always had with PSLs being spoken of as an 'investment' is that the clock starts ticking from day one on the PSL basically expiring - when a new stadium goes up. And really several years before that, because who is buying your PSL once they know it is useless in a few years? Stadiums used to last more than 30 year, then about 30 years, now several have been torn down that were barely 20 years old. If you're looking at losing the ability to sell your PSL and ponying up another $10, 15, 20+ grand in 12 years, how are you going to feel about that?

I agree to a point, but thing is let's go back to 2008 for a moment.  Let's say you have 2 seats in Giants Stadium, it's $125 a seat, you have 2 seats, that's $2,500 a year you've been paying for 15 years.  Jets announce a brand new stadium, give you two options:  Pay a PSL as low as $2,500 to sit in the lower bowl or pay a PSL of $0 and get midfield seats in the upper deck.  That's what happened.

Sure, most may not look at a vig of $7 a game as painful and, sure, no one likes to write the Jets a fat check, but the reality is that for someone committed to the Jets for 15 years already in Giants Stadium and looking for another 15 or 30 years in the new stadium, the Jets either asked you to pay the equivalent of 1 double season or pay nothing and live with a lesser view. 

People who complain about PSL outrage were perfectly fine paying $2,500 a year for the tickets to begin with, and the truth is that most used it as an excuse to quit on the team.  "I am morally outraged over seat licenses and thus I have a philosophical problem with the Jets and I'm out of here!"  And they did it after selling half their tickets for 2x face value and getting free seats for decades.  And they did it after selecting a great upper deck seat with no PSL.  And they did it after we made two runs to the Championship Game and the team stepped back.  It's hard for me to accept how some are offended on the morality of the PSL process when their ticket gouging behavior in Giants Stadium and their defection in MetLife Stadium is immoral.

SAR I

For me, the decision not to be a STH in the new stadium was mostly a 'value' decision - as I told the reps that called for years, it took about 12 years to get to where I wanted to be - 50 yard line, lower rows ofor the uppers. I had no interest in going back to the corners, nor did I send value in paying $80k in PSLs to sit with a similar or better view. So I get some time from vendors in the club levels, buy some on stub hub, get to about the same number of games that I would have anyway - I was only getting to 5-6 games a year the last few years I had season tixx, with the number decreasing as my kids got more involved in youth sports. But I don't think many 'quit' on going to games - sounds like they do what I did, sit in good seats for 3-5 games a year rather than sit in the end zone or uppers and have to sell the other 3-5 games.

That's not the case any more.  One of the rights of PSL holders is to resell tickets without threat of punishment, we are free to do as we wish at any price.  Same for reselling the PSL's to another party, there is a simple paperwork process but we hold the cards.

And this is another benefit of PSL's:  No one "eats" tickets any more.  If I can't go to a few games because of work or family obligations I can recoup as much money as I can for those times, take advantage of Stubhub and their instant downloads, let another Jets fan go to a game at fair market value.

You can stop trying to take shots at the PSL process and PSL owners now.  It worked.  It worked for the Jets, it worked for their fans, it worked for the waitlisters, it got the carpetbaggers and the profiteers out, it's all good.

SAR I

If you resell and the purchaser gets in trouble, are you not at risk of losing your seats? Do you have to resell through the Jets / Ticketmaster site or can you get rid of tge tickets any way you can? That would be one positive of the PSL if true. Though I'm not sure what that has to do with a PSL.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

There is no way to have a PSL conversation without talking about money.  Why?  Because all the PSL criticism is aimed at the Jets money (they're greedy and ripping off the fans!) or the PSL owners money (they're idiots who wasted money!) and we are both Jets fans and PSL owners.

Let's say that this were a Utz Pretzel forum and you bought Utz Pretzels every week from your grocery store, 52 weeks a year you're buying a bag of Utz Pretzels and someone comes in to the Utz Pretzel forum creating a thread called "Utz Are Selling Out Their Fans!" and called you out specifically for being so stupid as to spend $2.99 every week for a bag of Utz Pretzels when you could have spent $2.75.  They tell you you're an idiot, you're a fool, that there is a way to save money by going to a price club, and on and on, what a moron you are for buying Utz Pretzels for $2.99

Would you not discuss the money?  Would you not call the people running around trying to save a quarter "cheap"?  Would you not tell the people making a huge issue in a public forum over how you spend your snack money to mind their own business?

It's like that.

SAR I

I can see your point, and if that has happened then I can understand your position and ultimately your approach. You have every right to spend your money the way you want to. However, that doesnt really explain why people would suddenly single "you" out. 

Example, Plenty of times people have put up threads talking about PSL's etc, but none of the people participating in that thread/topic decided (for whatever reason) to throw Villain into the mix. I think this situation has occurred given your continuous talk about your wealth in response to the topic. Not saying its a problem of course, all im saying is that this is literally our first time speaking...we've never publically crossed paths, but even "I" know you have money! lol. 

I think from that angle when people talk about PSL's and their displeasure about it and how the Jets are "ripping off their fans" you should be able to understand that position, though financially it not being a burden for you. It's a valid complaint regardless. Just like you would call someone trying to save a quarter every single time "cheap" (and rightfully so), fans dont like to be nickel and dime'd every single time Woody finds a new way to dig in your pockets. That could be considered being "greedy" (and rightfully so). 

I think people should mind their own business when it comes to your money, but that goes both ways. If PSL's are a problem for people but not for you, then thats not a thread for you to participate in because all thats going to occur is that you're going to talk about your wealth and how its not a problem for you, they'll talk about how you're an idiot for spending that money and then you'll talk about them pushing their poverty on you....when in reality, fans are simply pissed about being nickle and dime'd. Not restricting you from threads of course, im just saying that it will be hard for people to mind their business when you keep sharing my friend. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I paid in full and did not get a payment plan, the Jets set up a third-party LLC for these transactions, the Jets website says the following:

What happens if I do not purchase my season tickets or complete my PSL payments?
If you default on your obligations under the PSL Agreement or Club Seat Agreement, Jets Stadium Development LLC will have the rights listed in the default provisions of those agreements, which include forfeiture of your PSL and all monies you have paid for that PSL up to that point.

If someone who signed a financing agreement can post the "rights listed in the default provisions" of those agreements it would answer the question.  My recollection from forum discussions 8 years ago was that those who did the financing were on the hook for interest and scheduled payments no different than a car loan or a personal loan and were subject to credit history reporting and collection if the Jets Stadium Development LLC chose to go after them.  What the Jets actually do, I don't know.

SAR I

Now I see, u just spit bs based on your "recollection " of an 8 year old thread. 

You are as dumb as I thought, u think that jets stadium and development is a 3rd party cause they gave it an llc. 

If u do have any money it must have been from a passed down family business that your Daddy ran. U are dumb as a stump. What do u do Sar? Sell shoes for a living?

1 hour ago, isired said:

One issue I always had with PSLs being spoken of as an 'investment' is that the clock starts ticking from day one on the PSL basically expiring - when a new stadium goes up. And really several years before that, because who is buying your PSL once they know it is useless in a few years? Stadiums used to last more than 30 year, then about 30 years, now several have been torn down that were barely 20 years old. If you're looking at losing the ability to sell your PSL and ponying up another $10, 15, 20+ grand in 12 years, how are you going to feel about that?

Hey isi, PSL's are no investment (though I think certain seats in certain rows/sections will go up in value if the Jets ever get good) but I viewed it, and still do, as just a price increase.  My $4,000 seats over 30 years over 10 games per year is $13.  And the Jets didn't increase prices in the new stadium until just this year.  From 2009 to 2015, 7 years, the Jets did not bump up the cost of my seats a lick.  I assumed, as did most others, that our prices would go up immediately.  Back in 2008 I thought my $125 Giants Stadium seats would quickly go up to $175 or $195 in a brand new stadium, especially with all the Club seats and the bad views in the upper deck, there just aren't that many seats with good views and a low gameday price.  But they never did. 

Had the Jets raised my ticket prices as I expected, around $50 over the last 7 years, that's $3,500 right there.  My PSL was only $4,000.  In reality, the PSL didn't exist.  The Jets asked for money up front, didn't raise ticket prices, in the end it amounted to nothing but fronting the Jets a little cash when they needed it for construction and the Jets paying it back slowly via a ticket price freeze.

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The LLC is the Jets subsidiary. Basically, it is the Jets.

26 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I can see your point, and if that has happened then I can understand your position and ultimately your approach. You have every right to spend your money the way you want to. However, that doesnt really explain why people would suddenly single "you" out. 

Example, Plenty of times people have put up threads talking about PSL's etc, but none of the people participating in that thread/topic decided (for whatever reason) to throw Villain into the mix. I think this situation has occurred given your continuous talk about your wealth in response to the topic. Not saying its a problem of course, all im saying is that this is literally our first time speaking...we've never publically crossed paths, but even "I" know you have money! lol. 

I think from that angle when people talk about PSL's and their displeasure about it and how the Jets are "ripping off their fans" you should be able to understand that position, though financially it not being a burden for you. It's a valid complaint regardless. Just like you would call someone trying to save a quarter every single time "cheap" (and rightfully so), fans dont like to be nickel and dime'd every single time Woody finds a new way to dig in your pockets. That could be considered being "greedy" (and rightfully so). 

I think people should mind their own business when it comes to your money, but that goes both ways. If PSL's are a problem for people but not for you, then thats not a thread for you to participate in because all thats going to occur is that you're going to talk about your wealth and how its not a problem for you, they'll talk about how you're an idiot for spending that money and then you'll talk about them pushing their poverty on you....when in reality, fans are simply pissed about being nickle and dime'd. Not restricting you from threads of course, im just saying that it will be hard for people to mind their business when you keep sharing my friend. 

SAR likes Villain, hopes all is good with Villain.

SAR would like Villain to understand that the PSL happened in 2008, that's 8 years ago, many of the posters on JN were still in junior high school when this happened, that money is spent, that money is gone, it is no longer an issue. 

What SAR would like Villain and other posters to recognize is that while the PSL's were not fun for anyone they happened almost a decade ago and, more importantly, Woody Johnson and the Jets did some very nice things for fans along the way such as:

1. Upper deck with no PSL's.  27,000 seats, license-free, go ask Giants fans about that.

2. Dropped PSL prices in 2009, specifically the LL corners which were a very affordable $2,500.

3. Dropped gameday ticket prices for the Mezzanine Club's in 2009, went from $400 to $199.

4. Allowed free movement by fans in PSL sections who didn't like their original seats with no fees or hassle.

5. Offer Club and PSL owners first-dibs on available PSL seats whether full subscription or on an annual basis.

And most importantly....

6. Did not raise ticket prices from 2009 to 2016.  In a new stadium one would think ticket prices would rise very quickly, remember in Giants Stadium $75 Mezzanine seats jumped to $125 in only 7 years yet in the new stadium they didn't budge for 7.  When I signed up for my PSL's I fully expected my $125 seats to go up to $175.  They never did.  $50 x 10 games x 7 years = $3,500 I didn't spend.  My PSL's were only $4,000.

SAR hopes Villain enjoyed this response.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR would like Villain to understand that the PSL happened in 2008, that's 8 years ago, many of the posters on JN were still in junior high school when this happened, that money is spent, that money is gone, it is no longer an issue. 

What SAR would like Villain and other posters to recognize is that while the PSL's were not fun for anyone they happened almost a decade ago and, more importantly, Woody Johnson and the Jets did some very nice things for fans along the way such as:

1. Upper deck with no PSL's.  27,000 seats, license-free, go ask Giants fans about that.

2. Dropped PSL prices in 2009, specifically the LL corners which were a very affordable $2,500.

3. Dropped gameday ticket prices for the Mezzanine Club's in 2009, went from $400 to $199.

4. Allowed free movement by fans in PSL sections who didn't like their original seats with no fees or hassle.

5. Offer Club and PSL owners first-dibs on available PSL seats whether full subscription or on an annual basis.

And most importantly....

6. Did not raise ticket prices from 2009 to 2016.  In a new stadium one would think ticket prices would rise very quickly, remember in Giants Stadium $75 Mezzanine seats jumped to $125 in only 7 years yet in the new stadium they didn't budge for 7.  When I signed up for my PSL's I fully expected my $125 seats to go up to $175.  They never did.  $50 x 10 games x 7 years = $3,500 I didn't spend.  My PSL's were only $4,000.

SAR I

I'm with you on much of this but they couldn't possibly raise ticket prices.  year 1 we were a title game team and they couldn't sell out, after that i's been a disaster so how could they raise tickets on already overpriced tickets?  at the old building they consistently raised prices but pricing was low to begin with.

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

And most importantly....

SAR I

I was hoping I got on your good side. 

Look, I have some outstanding debt, and I was wondering.....;)

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I'm with you on much of this but they couldn't possibly raise ticket prices.  year 1 we were a title game team and they couldn't sell out, after that i's been a disaster so how could they raise tickets on already overpriced tickets?  at the old building they consistently raised prices but pricing was low to begin with.

All I know is my $75 Mezzanine seat in 2001 jumped to $125 by 2008, that's a 67% price increase for a lousy team in a dump of a stadium in a 7 year period.  I do not recall a single thread in the discussion forums I was participating in back then discussing the pricing, talking about greed, there was no outrage.

I can understand some not liking the PSL fees when they were announced and commitments were due in 2008.  But now that we can look back those 7 years, the Jets didn't raise ticket prices and the PSL's covered what would have been a $50 increase across the sections, that's a smaller jump than the one we experienced in the 7 years prior with a crappy team and a dump.

All I'm saying is that from here-in, every thread that talks about the financial pain of PSL's needs to also reference the lack of the ticket price increase that we all expected.  Opening Day 2010, Opening Day 2011, and even Opening Day 2012 we were in the conversation for Super Bowl potential, the Jets could have hiked us up $35 or $50 if they wanted to.  They didn't.  That counts.  That matters.  That's just as relevant a narrative as the PSL's that happened a lifetime ago.

SAR I

Archived