Brady to Prolong his Misery; Filing en banc Petition

Bruce Harper

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm, you were a little off on your prognostication of the two recent Pats/Giants Superbowls. Especially the first one.  LOL

One of my buddies (huge Pars fan) who I had season tickets with back in the day, always bets against the Pats in the playoffs.

When I asked him why he bets against his team, he said "the money helps ease the pain in case of a Pats loss."

He walked away with $8,700 on those two Giants Super Bowl games.

4 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

There is no room up there.

Too many Super Bowl trophies and rings.

Of course. That makes perfect sense that "tainted rings and trophies" wind up being found in or near delusional Pats fans' taints. How appropriate. Your best post ever and you didn't even notice the irony.

Any who understands the legal system...Can answer two questions for me...

1) What does it take - from a judges vote issue - whether or not to hear this?

2) What are they looking for when determining to hear it?  Meaning - in order to overturn a decision I would think they must have something more than "I don't agree" but I can be wrong...

I think the 4 games suspension is what Brady is trying to avoid.  He is going to do everything he can to get this reversed.  That way he can claim innocence.  

Whether he retires before he serves the suspension is moot.  As it should be, you cheat, good luck making the HOF.  Look at baseball, all time hit leader, home run leader, and the winningest pitcher the last 50+ years, and none are in the HOF.

This ruins everything that Bill and Brady have done since 2002.

5 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Tom Brady official appeal petition will come at 3 pm today. 1 argument: Goodell ignored the schedule of penalties & there is no basis for it

What?! How about the obstruction of the investigation and destruction of evidence? Seems like a pretty solid "basis" for a stronger penalty than the schedule of penalties for equipment violations.  

What?! How about the obstruction of the investigation and destruction of evidence? Seems like a pretty solid "basis" for a stronger penalty than the schedule of penalties for equipment violations.  

Did you just wake up today?

This case has absolutely nothing to do with obstruction and destruction of evidence.

Funny Jets fans.

2 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

Do you think he really cares what the consensus opinion of non-Patriots fans are?  Seriously. 

He is not losing any sleep over your opinion.

Or the definition of transgender rights? 

And give the team more ammunition that this was to right a wrong.  Yeah, that would work well.

Ding ding ding.  Winner winner chicken dinner.

If it was 4-0 or even 3-1, then this would be a waste of time. 

Yet, 50%, 50% of the judges, see a problem with how Goodell handled things.  He won in a court where management won 96% of the time.  And the judge did not even slam for some of his worst judgement.

Things a delusionary Pats' fan might say?

Accept the rampant cheating, embrace it, or become a Broncos' fan

8 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

This case has absolutely nothing to do with obstruction and destruction of evidence.

Funny Jets fans.

It has to do with Goodall making up the rules as he goes, which is his right due to the agreement the players ass. signed.   

32 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Funny Jets fans.

The Second Circuit decision did put some emphasis on spoliation of evidence.  And the doctrine of law that holds that the fact-finder is entitled to infer that the evidence would have been unfavorable to the party who destroyed the evidence (here, Brady) is relevant to whether Goodell's decision was sufficiently supported.

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

Funny Jets fans.

The "basis" I was referring to was the grounds on which Goodell imposed stronger penalties than those specified for equipment violations. It was in reference to the statement made in the tweet I quoted. 

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

this is good for 2 reasons;

1) not going to scotus, what a total waste that would be

2) no excuses for the patsie troll lawyers

You may be jumping the gun a bit with this. I am sure SCOTUS is the next step after either the en banc request is denied, or the next step if the en banc happens and supports the original appellate ruling.

3 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

You may be jumping the gun a bit with this. I am sure SCOTUS is the next step after either the en banc request is denied, or the next step if the en banc happens and supports the original appellate ruling.

oh good lord

if he goes to scotus he is the biggest crybaby bitch of all time

BCBOAT

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

You put rings and trophies in your rectum?

Yep, you sure told us.

LMAO

Shooter McGavin - "I eat pieces of sh*t like you for breakfast."

Happy Gilmore - "You eat sh*t for breakfast?"

Shooter McGavin - "............................NO!....................."

46 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Percentage of En Banc Petitions accepted for hearing in the Second Circuit:. .03 (less than one third of one percent). 

Even smaller percent of cert petitions (Supreme Court) are accepted for hearing. 

3 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Percentage of En Banc Petitions accepted for hearing in the Second Circuit:. .03 (less than one third of one percent). 

Even smaller percent of cert petitions (Supreme Court) are accepted for hearing. 

I had heard that. But even if he fails at both efforts, there's a good chance he could still play the whole 2016 season and postseason. Really sucks.

Archived