Jets Offer to Fitz at $11 million?

JetNation

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

When you look at what Josh McCown did for Travis Benjamin's and Gary Barnidge's development, I'd much prefer to have him (at $4 mil) than Fitzpatrick at any cost, tbh

I really, really, really don't want to agree with you here.....so.....no.  I won't.  I can't.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Colgateman said:

I have never thought geno was good. I think he is a better way to get a franchise quarterback though. 

Maybe Kaaya or Deshaun Watson, or Mayfield or Kelly or Falk. 

Never said 0-16, 4-12 should be enough to do it. You act as if teams haven't been terrible then won the super bowl the next year

Lions tank= Matt stafford

Colts tank= Andrew Luck

Panthers tank= Cam Newton

Titans tank= Marcus Mariota

Jaguars tank= Blake Bortles

Buccaneers tank= Jameis Winston

tanking is worth it, all these teams got franchise QB's from top 5 picks, I want one too. We all want one. Why not go with what gives us that best option?

How many times have the Browns tanked only to get the Tim Couches, Brady Quinns and Johnny Manziels?

Also, if you think Mariota was worth tanking you are in for a rude awakening the next two seasons.

Just now, drdetroit said:

McCown is horrible.  Please.  Enough with this nonsense.

I'm saying nothing else regarding McCown.

Get Fitz in here, please.

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

No, what your saying is false. I listen to limited sports shows One being NFL Network. Every single analyst on that network says this Jets need to work this out and get Fitz Signed. Every person at work I talk to about sports says the same thing and not one of them says the Jets should move on from Fitz NOT ONE ! So basically you have no freaking Idea of my interactions with people or the shows that I watch yet you can make this distinction that I'm lying. Even on Mike and Mike they bring this up a few times a week and every one they speak too says get Fitz Signed. Interviews with the players on the team and the GM say we need to get this done . You know most of this yet you still call me a liar .

I stopped reading after this is "patently False" and that "I think everyone has the same opinion I do," basically after the first paragraph because that's a stupid statement and it insults my intelligence. Do me a favor in the future don't pretend to think you know how I think or with whom I interact with. You need to worry about yourself and your opinion about the situation and try to make your point without insulting people.

My original opinion on the situation whether it be right or wrong was that Fitz will re-sign in the neighborhood of 10-12 million if you disagree with that, fine. If I'm wrong about Fitz fine lets leave it at that.

My biggest argument has been with people on these boards basically saying dumb things like Fitz sucks and making up bullsh*t to prove their point. Once again no one outside these boards thinks Fitz sucks not one person I have interacted with says that ... But yeah go ahead and call me a liar again and keep thinking that everything you say like stupid statements that Fitz will be "robbing us" then think about whose making the childish statements.

Analysts go for the sound bite that gets them attention, and acting like Fitz is the best or only option right is the way to do that. Just saying that the Jets situation with the three current QBs is OK is boring and does not move the needle.

Second Fitz season was the biggest illusion of all time for a Jets QB. People look at his TD total and think he must have been effective but he wasnt. He was gifted an all time easy schedule. Literally one of the easiest of all time in the NFL, and had the best #1 and #2 WR combo in the NFL and managed to be barely mediocre. And this nonsense about one of the best seasons for a Jets QB is just that because it is not about what Fitz did but how bad our QB play has been. Add in that he had 15 interceptions and could have easily had 30. Plus, when it mattered  he came up SUPER small and three 3 picks.

Reality is that Jets fans not blinded by Fitz beard and underserved reputation as smart know more about Fitz than analysts. Is he the guy he has been for 9 years or the illusion of last. Fact is, he SUCKS. Not worth a penny more than Hoyer

49 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

How many times have the Browns tanked only to get the Tim Couches, Brady Quinns and Johnny Manziels?

Also, if you think Mariota was worth tanking you are in for a rude awakening the next two seasons.

Lol, if you think mariota sucks, you must be on some hard stuff dude.

he carried that Titans team on his back 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Look I personally don't want to tank 2016. Esp to get an unproven rookie Qb. We just drafted one anyways. Let's win in '16 in spite of ourselves. I'm watching games on Sundays and probably going to a few and I want to be entertained. There is no guaranteed 100% plan to win a Super Bowl. A lot of the time unexpected teams end up winning it. If we are competitive and good and make the playoffs we have as good a chance as anyone. And btw none of those teams you claim tanked (and I don't think they did) won a SB. A team with a 6th round draft pick as starting Qb won four of them. 

Teams draft 6th round quarterbacks all the time, there is only one TB12, and of course none of the guys I named won a SB, they are all 26 and under, but I bet several of them on that list will win one.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

jesus_hates_the_jets.png

There's 6 things Jesus hate and the 7 is an abomination to him. Proverbs 6 starting at verse 16 .  Last time I checked, the Jets were not one of the 7 .

The truly great thing is even with what you wrote, He still Loves you  and so do i , with His love .

You started this .

24 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

There's 6 things Jesus hate and the 7 is an abomination to him. Proverbs 6 starting at verse 16 .  Last time I checked, the Jets were not one of the 7 .

The truly great thing is even with what you wrote, He still Loves you  and so do i , with His love .

You started this .

god-first-family-second-then-new-york-je

13 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

OK, you came up with a source. Saying "it's been reported" means nothing. Or its been discussed on the forum.  I watched the clip and I think that was Garafolo. I don't discount what he said but I have looked everywhere and it's not mentioned on any site including the key contract sites. He said the Jets had a one year tender at 110% of his salary that expired around May 10. You can believe what you want to believe. Just one more thing. Stop living up to your name,.

Forget it.  Hard to discuss anything with someone who just discounts what he doesn't want to hear.  

Wasnt the only place it was reported.  I'm done. 

Who debates things like a this?  

21 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

No, what your saying is false. I listen to limited sports shows One being NFL Network. Every single analyst on that network says this Jets need to work this out and get Fitz Signed. Every person at work I talk to about sports says the same thing and not one of them says the Jets should move on from Fitz NOT ONE ! So basically you have no freaking Idea of my interactions with people or the shows that I watch yet you can make this distinction that I'm lying. Even on Mike and Mike they bring this up a few times a week and every one they speak too says get Fitz Signed. Interviews with the players on the team and the GM say we need to get this done . You know most of this yet you still call me a liar .

I stopped reading after this is "patently False" and that "I think everyone has the same opinion I do," basically after the first paragraph because that's a stupid statement and it insults my intelligence. Do me a favor in the future don't pretend to think you know how I think or with whom I interact with. You need to worry about yourself and your opinion about the situation and try to make your point without insulting people.

My original opinion on the situation whether it be right or wrong was that Fitz will re-sign in the neighborhood of 10-12 million if you disagree with that, fine. If I'm wrong about Fitz fine lets leave it at that.

My biggest argument has been with people on these boards basically saying dumb things like Fitz sucks and making up bullsh*t to prove their point. Once again no one outside these boards thinks Fitz sucks not one person I have interacted with says that ... But yeah go ahead and call me a liar again and keep thinking that everything you say like stupid statements that Fitz will be "robbing us" then think about whose making the childish statements.

Who cares what NFLN meatheads say? They aren't thinking of the Jets long-term future and they aren't realistically looking at his obvious future losses when playing against non-pushovers & injury-riddled opponents.

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

When you look at what Josh McCown did for Travis Benjamin's and Gary Barnidge's development, I'd much prefer to have him (at $4 mil) than Fitzpatrick at any cost, tbh

So would I. Problem is he's going to start for the Browns.

10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Who cares what NFLN meatheads say? They aren't thinking of the Jets long-term future and they aren't realistically looking at his obvious future losses when playing against non-pushovers & injury-riddled opponents.

... and no HC coinflops and brainflubs.

21 minutes ago, jetrider said:

... and no HC coinflops and brainflubs.

Really. The number or percentage of NFLN commentators truly looking after the NYJets' long-term interests is low (if not outright zero). It's doubtful that even half of them saw all of Fitzpatrick's snaps this past season like we did, let alone how many are judging last year's accomplishments against weaklings on an appropriate grading curve, or how many are further looking at our upcoming 2016 schedule realistically with their heads, rather than with their think-with-their-balls, ex-player mentalities, if they're even looking at it at all.

We aren't winning the SB this year, with him or without him. We aren't appearing in the SB this year with him or without him. Fitzpatrick is far from the worst QB in the league, but he also isn't a QB who eats the NFL's best teams alive, slaying Goliaths left and right, year after year.  We beat literally one good team all year, and it took the coinflop/brainflub you speak of, on top of their absence of 2 starting safeties, 2 starting WRs, their starting LT, plus losing another DB in the 4th quarter...just to eke that win out in OT, with a full roster on our own side. (OK, Dee Milliner missed the game lol). Wouldn't have even been that close anyway if Fitz hadn't spotted NE a TD himself.

Now suddenly we're going to go from 2 such matchups to 8, and I'm supposed to put any credence in TV personality ex-players who ignore this night & day schedule difference as though it was insignificant, and that we'll finish with a similar or better # of wins if only we bring back a QB with a history of the opposite? lol

He's an obviously likable person and provided instant + absent leadership in the huddle when the team so sorely needed it most. He has the support of other players, the HC, the GM, and the owner. But none of that means he's worth $11M of 2017's $. 

Archived