OTAs May 25th Tweets

JETSfaninNE

5 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

The fact that some posters have the testicular fortitude to compare Fitz with HOF Tom Brady is all you need to know how far off the mark of sanity many of us are out here!!!

TomBrady!!!

Come on now.   

I really believe they meant to compare him to the other HoFer Brady. Brady Quinn. 

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Shadetree said:

Maybe I'm blinded by dislike.

Or those 3 picks in the 1st quarter of the buffalo game. 

Ok, you've swayed me, his delivery is not a problem and he doesn't lock in on where he's throwing. Do you want him to be our starter? What has the film shown you?

Are you also blinded by that season finale game against Miami or do you strictly focus on his worst game?

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

Geno once threw picks on 3 consecutive drives. Maybe when he's pointing at linebackers, he's telling everyone who he's about to throw to.

I know another QB who threw 3 picks on 3 consecutive drives in a must win game. One of them was 14 yards away from the EZ n all his team needed to take the lead was a chip shot FG. I can't remember his name though. Do you?

2 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I know another QB who threw 3 picks on 3 consecutive drives in a must win game. One of them was 14 yards away from the EZ n all his team needed to take the lead was a chip shot FG. I can't remember his name though. Do you?

Wait you cant mean the messiah the franchise QB who is still unsigned and 31 other NFL teams dont want him that QB. 

6 hours ago, Shadetree said:

Maybe I'm blinded by dislike.

Or those 3 picks in the 1st quarter of the buffalo game. 

Ok, you've swayed me, his delivery is not a problem and he doesn't lock in on where he's throwing. Do you want him to be our starter? What has the film shown you?

Which is worse - three picks in the first QTR by a second year QB in Week 8 or three picks in the 4th QTR by an 11-year QB in Week 17, the biggest game of his life? 

19 minutes ago, j4jets said:

No. Does he point at linebackers? 

5 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

No. Does he point at linebackers? 

I doubt he can see them through his beard. He does, however, point towards the fans after losing and says "I told you so". 

16 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Which is worse - three picks in the first QTR by a second year QB in Week 8 or three picks in the 4th QTR by an 11-year QB in Week 17, the biggest game of his life? 

You know his answer. 

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

I doubt he can see them through his beard. He does, however, point towards the fans after losing and says "I told you so". 

At least he can say "I told you so."

Geno can't open his mouth because his jaw is wired shut from being clocked by teammates. 

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Wait you cant mean the messiah the franchise QB who is still unsigned and 31 other NFL teams dont want him that QB. 

Lol no, not that one. It's the one that broke his non-throwing thumb n was somehow still able to throw. He also played the entire season with a fractured beard. 

5 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

At least he can say "I told you so."

Geno can't open his mouth because his jaw is wired shut from being clocked by teammates. 

After putting up a sh*tshow in the season finale, I prefer the QB to walk back without uttering a word, so there's that. 

15 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Cam Newton is a douche with the media, but also the reigning MVP, and NFC champion QB so he gets a pass, if Geno wins that's all that matters the rest will just be noise fans won't care about. 

Geno Smith would have jumped on that fumble...

15 minutes ago, j4jets said:

After putting up a sh*tshow in the season finale, I prefer the QB to walk back without uttering a word, so there's that. 

You prefer a QB who attends a sh*tshow instead of team meetings. 

13 hours ago, Shadetree said:

I don't think so...Genos delivery on anything other than a shallow slant is too long. It's part of all those fumbles, too.

geno has impressed you? You like Genos delivery? 

It was three hours late. The pizza was cold.

7 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

The fact that some posters have the testicular fortitude to compare Fitz with HOF Tom Brady is all you need to know how far off the mark of sanity many of us are out here!!!

TomBrady!!!

Come on now.   

Repped for "testicular fortitude".

16 hours ago, j4jets said:

Yeah and a career journeyman turned it down. I can't decide what's more pathetic. You believing jets offered 11mil or you believing a journeyman turned down 11 mil. 

5 million, 10 million or 100 million. They're still offering Fitz a contract because they don't want Geno as the starter. 

38 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

5 million, 10 million or 100 million. They're still offering Fitz a contract because they don't want Geno as the starter. 

If they didn't want Geno as the starter, they would've given $16mil  to Fitz before the FA started. 

18 hours ago, Warfish said:

Ok, Ron Jaworski.  

Will you be on Mike and Mike tomorrow to talk about Geno's giant steps in OTA's?

Like when you sang the praises of Patrick Ramsey as our savior? 

Patrick Ramsey! 

Funny how wrong you were but are so quick to rip on anyone who doesn't agree with your opinions. 

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

They wouldn't of done that with zero QBs on the roster. Fitz isn't worth near that and it would kill the cap. 

Geno is the reason we don't have Fitz here (yet?). Cap can be maneuvered tremendously (sign him to a 5 years, 60 mil deal, 10 mil signing bonus and 1 mil first year salary = $3mil first year cap charge, release him after the first = $11mil net for 2016). Its not rocket science. So its not the cap. If we only had Petty on the roster during FA, Fitz would have been a Jet before the FA started. So you're wrong. And I agree, Fitz isn't worth more than Josh McCown money and certainly not Brady money ($14mil for that fraud).

11 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Geno is the reason we don't have Fitz here (yet?). Cap can be maneuvered tremendously (sign him to a 5 years, 60 mil deal, 10 mil signing bonus and 1 mil first year salary = $3mil first year cap charge, release him after the first = $11mil net for 2016). Its not rocket science. So its not the cap. If we only had Petty on the roster during FA, Fitz would have been a Jet before the FA started. So you're wrong. And I agree, Fitz isn't worth more than Josh McCown money and certainly not Brady money ($14mil for that fraud).

I could be mistaken, but I don't think using crack is good for you.

32 minutes ago, j4jets said:

brady money? is that a new "thing"?

2 hours ago, j4jets said:

If they didn't want Geno as the starter, they would've given $16mil  to Fitz before the FA started. 

if they wanted geno as the starter, they wouldn't offer Fitzpatrick a contract. when, not if Fitzpatrick signs, will you still be singing this tune?

1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

Why would they offer Fitzpatrick $16 million if no other team is going to offer him even $10 million?  Talk about bad management.

Because they supposedly love him? No one wants to pay him $10 because he's not worth 10. He's worth 5-6, same as McCown. 

10 hours ago, ylekram said:

if they wanted geno as the starter, they wouldn't offer Fitzpatrick a contract. when, not if Fitzpatrick signs, will you still be singing this tune?

The Jets prefer Fitz over Geno provided that they can sign him at their number. It's not like they love Fitz and hate Geno, they simply like Fitz a certain number of dollars better than Geno. I also expect Fitz to sign, btw, but he'll be the one who has to acquiesce. I don't think the Jets are nearly as afraid to go into the season with Geno starting as many fans are. 

And if/when, it'll be interesting to see who the odd man out will be. 

12 hours ago, j4jets said:

Because they supposedly love him? No one wants to pay him $10 because he's not worth 10. He's worth 5-6, same as McCown. 

What in ****s sake does that have to do with how the free agency market works?  The Jets love Bilal Powell, too.  Should they have given him $8 million/year? 

4 hours ago, New York Mick said:

You were saying. 

I was saying, I can't decide what's more pathetic. The Hets offering 11mil deal or you believing the journeyman turned down 11 mil. 

Now you  must have based your post on the rumored 12mil figure. Could it be possible the Jets offered a 3 year deal for 24 mil with first year salary n bonus being 6 mil and another 6 mil being tied into a small word and an unimportant part of Fitz career called "playoffs"? Best case scenario being 24mil in 3 year? Because that's the speculation n my math suggests it's an average of $8 mil a year deal. Of course, I wouldn't put my house on any of these figures. 

Then there's the issue of Jets actually imploding and offering a 3 year deal worth $12 mil a year. I wouldn't put it behind us. We are, afterall, the team to give up a 4th for Tebow. Maybe Mac sees Beard as the chicken that lays a golden egg? I tend to remember him as the chicken that laid three eggs in the last quarter of his most important game till date. 

On May 27, 2016 at 1:21 PM, detectivekimble said:

What in ****s sake does that have to do with how the free agency market works?  The Jets love Bilal Powell, too.  Should they have given him $8 million/year? 

Yeah, because there's no difference in the RB and QB positions, right? Backup RBs like Powell are dime a dozen. If you think about it, the extremely unsuccessful QBs are also dime a dozen. Every now n then, you'll see a playoff or PB QB making 2-3 mil. We call them the Hoyers or Derek Andersons of NFL. They also make dime a dozen. They are backup QBs, just like how Fitz has been most of his career. 

Archived