Any chance Luck leaves Indy?

Matt39

No.  They can actually franchise him every year if they want to and still come out ahead (he's a QB, so the "year three" rule doesn't really apply to him [he's getting franchise QB money anyway] and 10% annual raises from a spot as the third highest paid QB in the league is probably about what a long term contract would pay him anyway).  Barring a catastrophic injury, there is literally zero chance that Andrew Luck is ever an unrestricted free agent during his prime years.

16 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

No.  They can actually franchise him every year if they want to and still come out ahead (he's a QB, so the "year three" rule doesn't really apply to him [he's getting franchise QB money anyway] and 10% annual raises from a spot as the third highest paid QB in the league is probably about what a long term contract would pay him anyway).  Barring a catastrophic injury, there is literally zero chance that Andrew Luck is ever an unrestricted free agent during his prime years.

Did not realize that- thx.

45 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Luck will be a Colt because the Colts will throw him $$ and never let him see the open market.  However, it seems like that front office will never get a legit defense and running game to help Luck out.

After the colts miss the playoffs next season they will do a major housecleaning in both the front office and coaching staff.  Grigson, Pagano, Schotty etc will all be fired.

But they will give Luck $150 million to stay on top of the caveat they get a real GM and coaching staff

20 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

After the colts miss the playoffs next season they will do a major housecleaning in both the front office and coaching staff.  Grigson, Pagano, Schotty etc will all be fired.

But they will give Luck $150 million to stay on top of the caveat they get a real GM and coaching staff

Pagano just got a 4 year extension in January.

Only if he is so desperate to leave he starts intentionally playing poorly at which point he is going to take a huge paycut to convince another team that he won't do the same thing to them. So he'd have to be truly disgusted to put that kind of money--and potentially his career--on the line to get out of Indy. 

3 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

That's fine, this isn't about Fitz, I just don't think he is nearly as good as people make him out to be

If you were given a chance to trade 2 #1s and Mo Wilk for him, would you do it?  I know I would.

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Luck's father is really close friends with Archie Manning I believe, maybe he convinces his son to pull an Elway, and Eli, and force them to trade him or he won't play.

I was just going to say, Luck could always try shooting his way out of town. It doesn't really fit his personality, though. Plus, I can't imagine any QB would strong-arm their way onto the Jets intentionally. 

6 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Owner is a stooge. Roster isn't great...one can hope I guess. 

Maybe be something to consider

Honestly, it depends. If the Jags and Titans can really become legit threats in that division Luck will probably leave. The dudes legacy this entire time is based on playing in the worst division in all of Football. 

If the Jags/Titans become a legit rivals then Luck could possibly leave for a better ran franchise. However, if the teams in that division continue tripping over their own feet and guys like Mariota and Bortles dont work out then there would be no reason to leave. Playing in that division every year has pretty much guaranteed Luck between 6-8 wins every season since he's been in the league. And thats not hyperbole, thats an actual fact. 

If those teams get better then Luck might as well leave. The Colts certainly knew how to "suck for Luck", unfortunately the Colts dont know how to build a football team around Luck.

Archived