Kirwan on Fitz

#bman

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

And there's nothing wrong with acknowledging this^^^^^^. 

The game doesnt have to change your opinion on the guy as a QB, but that doesnt mean that people have to make up sh*t that didnt occur in that Oakland game. Based on his situation he played a solid game. 

if you think geno sucked or played well enough, it doesn't matter.the real crime was the defense. the defense should not have put a back up qb in that situation. its hard to keep up with 34 points no matter who the qb is.

1 minute ago, ylekram said:

if you think geno sucked or played well enough, it doesn't matter.the real crime was the defense. the defense should not have put a back up qb in that situation. its hard to keep up with 34 points no matter who the qb is.

True. But I think it does matter when talking about the QB. We can say he played solid, we can say that he played mediocre, but to say that he had a "terrible game" is flat out lying or having your brain remember something based on your feelings on the guy and not what actually happened. 

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And there's nothing wrong with acknowledging this^^^^^^. 

The game doesnt have to change your opinion on the guy as a QB, but that doesnt mean that people have to make up sh*t that didnt occur in that Oakland game. Based on his situation he played a solid game. 

the extreme views on both sides is what kills these debates. as i don't fully blame geno for the Oakland loss and put most of the blame elsewhere, the same could be said about the buffalo loss. all i hear from one extreme side is 3 interceptions, fitz choked, and fitz cost the jets the playoffs. although the 1st interception was a back breaker, i will refuse to put that play solely on fitz. there was an aerial view of the interception( i cannot find it now to save my life) where you can see the entirety of the play. looks to me that A. decker should have cut into his route sooner and B.  the defender just made an awesome guess that the play was coming. the defender ran with decker and without turning back, made his cut. it had nothing to do with fitz staring down the receiver. C. fitz thought decker was going to cut into the route sooner, but decker could not.

fitz 2nd interception. i don't see how anyone could blame the qb for this throw. the defender blows thru the offensive line and smashes fitz in the face just as he is releasing the ball. all pro qb's throw these kind of interceptions,too

the 3rd interception was a horrible throw. but the game was over at that point. 17 seconds left with 75 yards to go

fitz did lead 4 scoring drives. 2 20 yard td strikes, 1 missed field goal, and i successful field goal(although ivory did most of that work) lotsa dropped passes on top of that

now did fitz have a great game? hell no. does he deserve the brunt of the loss hell no

being objective works both ways

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Those are two plays. Thats certainly not a proper representation of what you're saying. Also, a deer in the headlights is not what I seen in that Raiders game. I seen a guy who worked the pocket, completing up to 8 consecutive passes in a row, which could of been more if not for a Kerley drop, and I seen a guy who knew when to run out of the pocket and pick up the yards. 

Your subjective position would instantly change if someone were to photoshop Ryan Fitzpatrick into that Raiders game. You guys have been officially checked. All you hear is how the guy looked so horrible in the Raiders game. We've been hearing about it the entire offseason. If its not that its "he doesnt look better with better targets" yet his stats prove that wrong. 

Geno was in the 56% completion area with poor targets and had a TD/INT ratio of 1/1.4, the moment Percy Harvin stepped on the field, all 6 of Geno's games with them his completion %'s went up to 61% and the TD/INT ratio was 2/1. Geno gets another upgrade at the WR position replacing Harvin with Marshall along with a better OC & scheme and in Geno's 1 game coming in cold his completion percentage goes up to 64% 

So, what you're saying doesnt reflect on tape or in the stats. Sure, he made a couple bad plays but to sit here and not acknowledge that better targets have made him a better QB when all of the stats point directly to it is just hate. Im still waiting for anyone to show me this terrible, horrible Raiders games Geno played. Funny how you hear that notion for months then when you show them a breakdown of every single play and ask for them to "show it" you can suddenly hear crickets. 

Those were 2 important plays with the game on the line.

you asked for me to show that his decision making was the same last year as his first 2 years ... I did ... It was.

1 hour ago, ljr said:

Those were 2 important plays with the game on the line.

you asked for me to show that his decision making was the same last year as his first 2 years ... I did ... It was.

Two important plays with the game on the line? What was the score on that drive? 

I get it though. Hey, Geno is the starter now. If Fitz doesnt come back then I'll suggest you get used to it or put on a Patriots jersey. 

4 hours ago, Powpow said:

If you weren't petty as you are you would appreciate his effort.       

Petty? Lol. I appreciate his effort. It's his execution that I think could be a little better. 

You don't read my posts if you don't think I recognize what Fitz brings to the table. Which is fine. But I still don't think he's worth $7M more than Geno for one year, and I definitely don't think he's worth $12M more. 

49 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Two important plays with the game on the line? What was the score on that drive? 

I get it though. Hey, Geno is the starter now. If Fitz doesnt come back then I'll suggest you get used to it or put on a Patriots jersey. 

Only way Pats jersey gets inside this house is either on fire ... Or if Kate Upton is wearing it ... Either way it will be coming off very shortly!

On 5/29/2016 at 11:33 AM, T0mShane said:

Here's a little thought experiment: explain to me why drafting Christian Hackenberg in the second was any smarter than drafting Geno in the second.

Wasnt Geno playing Candy Crush in his combine interviews?

6 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

One of the greatest songs of all time. The type of stories you can only write if you've gone through it. No fairytales here. It makes it even more sweeter when you arrive. 

I can relate. 

;)

5 hours ago, slats said:

Petty? Lol. I appreciate his effort. It's his execution that I think could be a little better. 

You don't read my posts if you don't think I recognize what Fitz brings to the table. Which is fine. But I still don't think he's worth $7M more than Geno for one year, and I definitely don't think he's worth $12M more. 

Well its good to hear that. Fitz has been around for a long time. He's a seasoned vet and had a great year. He should be compensated accordingly. He's paid his dues in this league.  If Jason Pierre Paul can get 10 mill with half a hand, then Fitz deserves his due. Fitz at 12 mill is still a good investment for the year when you factor in other QB's salaries around the league.  I know you don't want to rob Peter to pay Paul but the reality is the QB salaries just went through the roof like rents across the country.  Its not a matter if Fitz 'is or isn't worth 7 times' more than Geno's 1.7 mil.  What counts is he brings a totally different scene to the show.  The players got his back, the FO got his back, the fanbase got his back, well most of it.       

Archived