My old bones say it's getting time to really start to BLEED GREEN

SouthernJet

Season on as far as I am concerned. Fitz signs as soon as all BS practice crap is over and jets play one of toughest schedules around.

6 of 9 on road to open, 6 of 8 if you consider opener at home OY VEY to quote my ex-mistress.

Jet sneed ot be 5-4 coming out of opening 9 in my opinion to make playoffs or be forced to run table if not.....

Bleed Green and my best to ALL Jet fans everywhere!!!!!!!

Sign Fitz or not who cares.  Mac mishandled the Mo situation, who cares.  Bring on the season already.  Our new and improved D is going to be great and worth the price of admission.  Our RB's are going to be awesome.  Can't wait to see what Chan ddoes with Amaro, D. Smith (ir'ed to start?), and Peake.  In the immortal words of Bard Scott, can't wait!      

24 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Sign Fitz or not who cares.  Mac mishandled the Mo situation, who cares.  Bring on the season already.  Our new and improved D is going to be great and worth the price of admission.  Our RB's are going to be awesome.  Can't wait to see what Chan ddoes with Amaro, D. Smith (ir'ed to start?), and Peake.  In the immortal words of Bard Scott, can't wait!      

I think we need Fitz for all the road games to start. Just my opinion. 3 points or less will dictate many of those games. But bottom line BLEED GREEN

1 hour ago, SouthernJet said:

I think we need Fitz for all the road games to start. Just my opinion. 3 points or less will dictate many of those games. But bottom line BLEED GREEN

At this point I'll take either or.  With Fitz we have a steady hand at the wheel.  With Geno we get to air it our with Peake and D.Smith.  It's all good either way.  

1 minute ago, LIJetsFan said:

At this point I'll take either or.  With Fitz we have a steady hand at the wheel.  With Geno we get to air it our with Peake and D.Smith.  It's all good either way.  

My only issue w/Geno (I agree he can throw long, but every play cant be a bomb) is he has proven he can NOT read progressions. he panics after Primary covered and scrambles, usually backwards. Fits thre several TDs to Decler who was 3rd option on the play. Geno just cant do that and you cant win in NFL without a QB who is smart enuf and quick enuf to go thru roiute tree (progressions) and be able to read at least 3, hopefully 4 in lightning speed. Happens to be one of Fits best attributes, he just cant throw a great deep ball.

37 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

My only issue w/Geno (I agree he can throw long, but every play cant be a bomb) is he has proven he can NOT read progressions. he panics after Primary covered and scrambles, usually backwards. Fits thre several TDs to Decler who was 3rd option on the play. Geno just cant do that and you cant win in NFL without a QB who is smart enuf and quick enuf to go thru roiute tree (progressions) and be able to read at least 3, hopefully 4 in lightning speed. Happens to be one of Fits best attributes, he just cant throw a great deep ball.

MY theory is that success breeds confidence.  If Geno starts he'll have Chan and better skill players about him so he MIGHT taste some success and that MIGHT somehow snowball.  

49 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

MY theory is that success breeds confidence.  If Geno starts he'll have Chan and better skill players about him so he MIGHT taste some success and that MIGHT somehow snowball.  

agree to disagree. You cant learn Progression reads from confidence. Its a Football IQ thing you either have or dont. You have to haveitto coming out of college and progress. Geno never had it. I'm wondering if Petty has it based on a 2nd round QB draft pick that is known by scouts for Progression reads as one of his best attributes.

I am optimistic about the up coming season.

With Fitz under center (it's all over but the paperwork) and a solid set of weapons the offense should be competitive every week. The defense looks very promising with a much needed injection of youth and speed and special teams should be much improved as well.

Why not us?

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I am not.

Worse, I think this forum will take alot of the fun out of the year-to-come frankly.  Regardless of who the QB ends up being.

A forum can affect how much you enjoy the football season?

May be time to put things in perspective.

Put down the phone/keyboard and grab a brew in one hand and buger/dog in the other.

Maybe even hit the shore and check out some honies.  Just don't get off exit 98.  We're at capacity.  Just took me an hour to go to the post office damn it.  Usually takes 10 minutes.  Damn Bennys!

Cheers all!  Enjoy MDW.  

4 hours ago, Mike135 said:

A forum can affect how much you enjoy the football season?

Yes, I have for years gotten immense enjoyment (as an out of town Jets fan) in getting to "talk Jets" with fellow Jets Fans.  

Fans who don't live in DC, where Jets Fans are a very rare thing.

Unlike resident New Yorkers, who get an endless stream of local media coverage and local fellow-fan chat, this (JN) is what I get down here.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

I am not.

Worse, I think this forum will take alot of the fun out of the year-to-come frankly.  Regardless of who the QB ends up being.

We're headed for 16 games of 4-5 posters taking over this forum with excuses for Geno Smith. All day 'err day. Not that we're not there already, but this will be after having to actually watch him for 3 hours instead of the gifs.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

As long as they remember what Max said,....and tread their ass lightly. 

I am well beyond that..... You and your posse have made this board completely unreadable with nonsense. You have turned it into your own little dumping ground.

9 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

45 years of Rinse and repeat... so we can possibly enjoy the season like 2015?  For me,  a 10 win season and no playoffs isnt what I am hoping for. 

Id like to see us find a QB we can build around for 6 seasons plus.  If FITZ allows Hack to develop, then by all means sign FITZ BUT if you ask me if I wanted Fitz for a 1 season playoff run circa 2007 where we lose round 1, I would rather we play Geno and or Hack and get closer to the long term truth than short term , 1 playoff game happiness.

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

I am not.

That's what happens when being right about which players start is more important than the games themselves.   

To me a forum like this is supposed to make the season more fun for fans, not less.

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

Yes, I have for years gotten immense enjoyment (as an out of town Jets fan) in getting to "talk Jets" with fellow Jets Fans.  

Fans who don't live in DC, where Jets Fans are a very rare thing.

Unlike resident New Yorkers, who get an endless stream of local media coverage and local fellow-fan chat, this (JN) is what I get down here.

You can't get WFAN on the radio in DC? 

Can you subscribe to a NY sports cable package and get SNY? 

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

That's what happens when being right about which players start is more important than the games themselves.   

GTFO with that, winning is the only thing I care about, not "being right".

Facts:  I'm right vastly more often then wrong on projection forward.  I've never had cause to worry on this point frankly.

Facts:  When I'm wrong, I happily mea culpa and always have.  Being wrong usually means something is BETTER than I thought.

No, thats not why the forum will (IMO) be a drag this year at all.  I root for whomever plays.

In any event, Fish, out.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

GTFO with that, winning is the only thing I care about, not "being right".

Facts:  I'm right vastly more often then wrong on projection forward.  I've never had cause to worry on this point frankly.

Facts:  When I'm wrong, I happily mea culpa and always have.  Being wrong usually means something is BETTER than I thought.

No, thats not why the forum will (IMO) be a drag this year at all.  I root for whomever plays.

In any event, Fish, out.

Do think that there is a large contingent would rather see their guy win, want to be right.  You don't believe it, sorry, you're wrong.  Then again you made sure to point out hat you're right more often than not.  Vastly, lol.  But it's not important. 

Sorry I hit a nerve, forced you to tally up how often you're right or wrong in your mind.  Not that it's important.  I can't even begin to understand a board drags down a season 

On 27/5/2016 at 0:36 PM, Warfish said:

I am not.

If the Jets loose as many games as the critics suggest, it will get ugly here as it has in past years.

But we persevere as Jets fans because it's what we do, a cause... a tribe, a distraction, a reason to be or a reason to forget.

Loosing is never fun and we can all tolerate those that annoy us, when the Jets win.

I want to be entertained and surprised. The Jets quagmire at qb with their "braintrust" decisions is maybe the biggest challenge.

Our coach can coach, I'm not convinced that we have the right people picking players.

In this internet age, I don't think there is any advantage to living close to local media . WFAN and ESPN radio hardly give much coverage to the Jets, it is mainly a confluence of continuous advertising and back and forth utter nonsense between radio hosts juggling a multitude of sports teams. These people talk utter horse sh*t.  It's the old formula, one loud screetcher full of hyperbole and one straight man. The days of thoughtful people like Dave Jennings being interviewed (before the Jets fired him from radio commentary) are gone.   Radio is about sound bites and public relations for guests. If you want in depth analysis, don't expect to hear it live over the radio, the chances are the most thoughtful examinations on football are online programming or written. If you have the cash to go to games, that is the sole advantage to living within driving range of the swamplands. Everything else worthwhile is online; being in the same time zone or a few hours behind may make it a little easier to watch streaming games.

22 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

In this internet age, I don't think there is any advantage to living close to local media . WFAN and ESPN radio hardly give much coverage to the Jets, it is mainly a confluence of continuous advertising and back and forth utter nonsense between radio hosts juggling a multitude of sports teams. These people talk utter horse sh*t.  It's the old formula, one loud screetcher full of hyperbole and one straight man. The days of thoughtful people like Dave Jennings being interviewed (before the Jets fired him from radio commentary) are gone.   Radio is about sound bites and public relations for guests. If you want in depth analysis, don't expect to hear it live over the radio, the chances are the most thoughtful examinations on football are online programming or written. If you have the cash to go to games, that is the sole advantage to living within driving range of the swamplands. Everything else worthwhile is online; being in the same time zone or a few hours behind may make it a little easier to watch streaming games.

Go back to your cabin in the woods and your outhouse .

I'm very excited about this upcoming season. You have to remember that Powell was injured for many games last year (I believe we lost every game Powell did not play). Thus the reason Matt Forte was Maccs #1 free agent target. While I loved Chris Ivorys running style it's too old style for todays NFL & because he has oven mitts for hands the Jets offense was easier to defend with him in the backfield.

While I'm hoping we have a future QB in Petty or Hack, Fitz certainly knows how to run the offense efficiently. It was nice to see our QB control the clock, use dummy snap counts, speed up & slow down the offense when needed. His arm sucks but Forte will be open a lot for check downs & we have guys big enough at WR to box out & fight for the ball.

The defense is going to be really fun to watch. Leo will take a huge step with a year under his belt, Mo is playing for his big payday, Pryor is primed for a HUGE break out season, Revis had surgery to fix what ailed him last year, Cro is gone (addition by subtraction), Lee & Jenkins add youth to the LB core.

Special teams will be the most notable upgrade after Forte & the Linebackers. Quigley gone is huge, whichever Aussie is punting will be an upgrade. Folk will be back & you know he'll be in tremendous shape after all that time to rehab. Pumped!

Archived