Report: Jets Offer to Fitz at $12 Million in First Year of 3-Year/$24M Deal

JetNation

Ryan Fitzpatrick

By Glenn Naughton

Multiple media outlets, including Kimberly Martin of Newsday, are reporting that the New York Jets current offer to free agent quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick is a 3-year deal, with the first season being worth $12 million.

This is the closest thing we’ve seen to “concrete” evidence in regards to where to two sides currently stand, but if that number is accurate, Fitzpatrick’s current holdout comes as quite the surprise as it’s close to double what the team’s initial offer was reported to be, at $7.5 million.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

_-rIqdFOkf0

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jetfan39 said:

if these #'s are anywhere near  correct, I have no idea what Fritz is wanting but I know I would not give it to him.  He can go play in Canada for all I car.

Also, if these numbers are correct, this team has ZERO faith in Geno Smith.  I thought they'd eventually work their way up to $11 million.  If the offer has been $12 million for four mnoths now....for Ryan Fitzpatrick...then please, tell me more about how "comfortable" the team is with Geno at QB.  Can't wait to hear this.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Also, if these numbers are correct, this team has ZERO faith in Geno Smith.  I thought they'd eventually work their way up to $11 million.  If the offer has been $12 million for four mnoths now....for Ryan Fitzpatrick...then please, tell me more about how "comfortable" the team is with Geno at QB.  Can't wait to hear this.

I don't know any sane person who has faith in Geno Smith.

Now can the Fitz lovers stop with the Jets have been disrespecting Fitz nonsense. 

As many of us have said and speculated the Jets have offered Fitz in excess of $11 Million Dollars not Pesos but Dollars mind you and that is hardly an insult by any stretch of the imagination.  

If Fitz thinks that Jets should give him $16 million per year or a guaranteed multi year deal of in excess of $40 Million Dollars he and his fan brigade are nuts and IMO that includes "vacationing" Decker as well. 

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

Now can the Fitz lovers stop with the Jets have been disrespecting Fitz nonsense. 

As many of us have said and speculated the Jets have offered Fitz in excess of $11 Million Dollars not Pesos but Dollars mind you and that is hardly an insult by any stretch of the imagination.  

If Fitz thinks that Jets should give him $16 million per year or a guaranteed multi year deal of in excess of $40 Million Dollars he and his fan brigade are nuts and IMO that includes "vacationing" Decker as well. 

Personally I've said all along that we don't know what they're offering him.  If this is correct, and they're offering him $12 milion and he's not taking it...move on and let him get half that from somebody to be a back-up.

Sign the damn deal Fitz.

Just now, Larz said:

guaranteed money is all that matters, which is more than likely the hang up

I really doubt they offered and he turned down $12 guaranteed

If it's $12 mil the first year, then the guaranteed portion is obviously more than $12 mil, which is +$12 mil more than Fitz was offered by literally everyone else.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Personally I've said all along that we don't know what they're offering him.  If this is correct, and they're offering him $12 milion and he's not taking it...move on and let him get half that from somebody to be a back-up.

Sign the damn deal Fitz.

I know your position and you weren't crazy.   The crazy guy is Fitz' agent he is IMO making Fitz look a little mercenary during this process and that is something an agent shouldn't do. 

This fan base can turn on a player fast and it can get real ugly quick. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

If it's $12 mil the first year, then the guaranteed portion is obviously more than $12 mil, which is +$12 mil more than Fitz was offered by literally everyone else.

Tom, I hate looking at giving him $12 mil, but Denver did call and balk at his asking price, but we have no idea what they offered or were willing to pay.

That being said, what matters most is that $12 mil is too much for Fitz, unless years 2 and 3 are all incentive based in which he'll be paid as a back-up if he is in fact the back up.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

that fits your narrative nicely.....

I'm not going to get into it, this is freakin cannizaro here....

9 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

I don't know any sane person who has faith in Geno Smith.

Agreed.  I'm curious about him, but have no faith that he'll go from worst QB in the NFL to SB caliber.

8 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I have seen one guy on this board say such a thing in the past month

12 million? That's exactly why the Jets a re a joke. Mike Maccagan is pathetic. Offering 12 million to a guy that no one wants? Don't worry Jets fans, you will all have a new HC/GM in 2017, I knew those two clowns wouldn't last long.

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I know your position and you weren't crazy.   The crazy guy is Fitz' agent he is IMO making Fitz look a little mercenary during this process and that is something an agent shouldn't do. 

This fan base can turn on a player fast and it can get real ugly quick. 

He needs to fire his agent if this goes south.  Jets should be exploring backup QB market for a trade and let Fitz walk if he's really turning down $12 mil.  Even call him before they do it to let him know that's the direction they're going after they hang up.  If he doesn't come to his senses, move on.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Tom, I hate looking at giving him $12 mil, but Denver did call and balk at his asking price, but we have no idea what they offered or were willing to pay.

That being said, what matters most is that $12 mil is too much for Fitz, unless years 2 and 3 are all incentive based in which he'll be paid as a back-up if he is in fact the back up.

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

At this point he's gotta be just trolling, right? 

I will choose to believe that Maccagnan is trying desperately to not sign Fitzpatrick, but doesn't have to heart to tell that to Bowles.

Just now, T0mShane said:

I will choose to believe that Maccagnan is trying desperately to not sign Fitzpatrick, but doesn't have to heart to tell that to Bowles.

Pay him $864 million for 2016 for all I care. But extending him beyond that would be a pretty Jetsy thing to do and would officially invalidate the goodwill that Maccagnan earned from me when he drafted a quarterback at the same time that Yoenis Cespedes hit a grand slam. 

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Pay him $864 million for 2016 for all I care. But extending him beyond that would be a pretty Jetsy thing to do and would officially invalidate the goodwill that Maccagnan earned from me when he drafted a quarterback at the same time that Yoenis Cespedes hit a grand slam. 

I don't want to comment directly on this post because it contains M*ts subject material and I don't want to ruin them again.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Believe what you want. And jump to conclusions that you want to hear. But when the Jets writers don't get spit. They make things up. It's a matter of survival. 

I dunno man...that's a pretty damn specific number.  Not like Cimini's report a few weeks back that said Jets offer was more than $7 million...leaves A LOT of wiggle room.  This paints him in to  a corner and negotiations may be at the point that facts start getting leaked.

Just now, AFJF said:

I dunno man...that's a pretty damn specific report.  Not like Cimini's report a few weeks back that said Jets offer was more than $7 million...leaves A LOT of wiggle room.  This paints him in to  a corner and negotiations may be at the point that facts start getting leaked.

Rapport backed it up, too.

Archived