Fitzpatrick Camp Using Geno Smith as Leverage?

JetNation

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Lopresti said they're still $5 mil per year apart.  FItz is insane, but his reps watch Geno and know they have all the leverage.  Wanna' let Fitz walk?  Sure, start Geno then.

Every day Geno practices Fitz loses leverage. The entire premise of this is ludicrous. By all accounts Geno looks better than last year and he was outplaying Fitz last year. The writers WANT to bash Geno but so far they are unable to. Signing Fitz would be a mistake of epic proportions.

Just now, johnnysd said:

Every day Geno practices Fitz loses leverage. The entire premise of this is ludicrous. By all accounts Geno looks better than last year and he was outplaying Fitz last year. The writers WANT to bash Geno but so far they are unable to. Signing Fitz would be a mistake of epic proportions.

LOL

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

Where did I say it has to be week 1?  If the anti-Fitz guys are right, Jets will be 0-7 at some point.  Good enough spot to see what Geno's made of, right?  Why keep Geno on the bench if Fitz can't throw at TD pass?

Fitz can throw TD passes , he just can't do it when the weather gets cold and windy and when the season is on the line. Yet Fitz is loved here , a QB who has never thrown a postseason pass but Sanchez who won 4 playoff games was vilified - gotta love Jet fans. 

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Fitz can throw TD passes , he just can't do it when the weather gets cold and windy and when the season is on the line. Yet Fitz is loved here , a QB who has never thrown a postseason pass but Sanchez who won 4 playoff games was vilified - gotta love Jet fans. 

Right.

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I always thought hatred of Geno among Jets fans was universal: black, white, green, purple and polka dot. I mean the guy for two straight years was named worst Qb in the NFL. So I'm shocked there is any support for this guy. And I mean any!

Yet Geno found it "hilarious".  

9 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Nobody loves Fitz, most people who want him back see him as the best option and a bridge to the future QB whomever that might be. He was the QB (most important pos on the field) for the most effective offensive season we have had since prolly 98, but most people recognize him for what he is, a good leader, with limited physical ability, but gutsy and if you put enough around him, he can run an offense.

3 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Nobody loves Fitz, most people who want him back see him as the best option and a bridge to the future QB whomever that might be. He was the QB (most important pos on the field) for the most effective offensive season we have had since prolly 98, but most people recognize him for what he is, a good leader, with limited physical ability, but gutsy and if you put enough around him, he can run an offense.

Those fans in favor if Fitz have been pretty rational for the most part since all of this started.  Much like Mac and the Jets.  

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

My dislike of Fitz goes back to the days of watching that joke of a franchise Buffalo allow him to rob them of their hopes, and dreams, and I watched every game last season in disgust watching Fitz play, I really don't care how many TD passes he threw, all I know is what my eyes showed me, and that was a terrible NFL QB playing, it was impossible to watch, and I'd actually stop paying attention most games because it was tough not to get frustrated with the sh*t passes he threw.

That kinda sounds how most fans feel about geno.

Just now, AFJF said:

Those fans in favor if Fitz have been pretty rational for the most part since all of this started.  Much like Mac and the Jets.  

Agree, its pretty disturbing. I hate to generalize, because I realize its probably about 7-10 posters who post a LOT, but its becoming barely tolerable these days.

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

What many don't seem to get is that based upon reports the Jets since March have been offering Fitz $12 Milion Dollars and have also indicated in interim statements since then that they were willing to move up from that!!

So what the heck is Fitz strike price?

$16 Million?

$18 Million?

Three years over 40 Million with 20 Million guaranteed??

I am not knocking Fitz but I am putting it on the Fitz supports to define what they feel is a fair and generous offer to Fitz and what said offer would look like based on last year's "Great" results?

If you are not willing to put your name to a number for Fitz than you are just mindlessly flapping your gums without a shred of common sense. 

So with that in mind, what does Fitz deserve of it's going to be more than $12 Million next year?

IMO Fitz deserved 8-10 mil in 2016. Not all guaranteed either..

12 mil? MAYBE, but he needs to sign the damn paper soon.

More than that? Not in my book, but Im not calling the shots.

Personally, I would like to see what Geno can actually do if he is under center. My problem with Geno is his past leadership issues, and if he can get the team to follow him now. That is of major importance to me, and I cant emphasize this enough. He HAS to have the respect of this team, or they will NEVER follow him into battle.

Fitz nutz like using the 10 win benchmark Fitz accomplished after 11 years. Just curious how many years it took Fitz to reach 8 wins in the NFL. Geno did it in the first year. Fitz? Well, how about 5 years?

6 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Fitz nutz like using the 10 win benchmark Fitz accomplished after 11 years. Just curious how many years it took Fitz to reach 8 wins in the NFL. Geno did it in the first year. Fitz? Well, how about 5 years?

Who?  Bowles and Mac?  I havne't heard them say that.  Just heard them say Fitz is their top priority and takes the starting job if/when he re-signs.  

12 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I guess Genos 12 TDs and 21 Ints got the Jets those 8 wins in 13, lol, what an accomplishment 

15 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Personally, I dont give a rats ass how many years it took. Why that is brought up over and over is stupifying.

All I know is it was quite effing nice to watch the NY Jets offense actually produce on the field for once. Its been a fukking while since I can say that, and I would really like to see that 2 years in a row.. 

38 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I guess Genos 12 TDs and 21 Ints got the Jets those 8 wins in 13, lol, what an accomplishment 

I figured every Fitznutz throws the 10 win figure like no tomorrow. But I guess the 21 ints in 16 games beats the 8 ints in 3 games. 

37 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Personally, I dont give a rats ass how many years it took. Why that is brought up over and over is stupifying.

All I know is it was quite effing nice to watch the NY Jets offense actually produce on the field for once. Its been a fukking while since I can say that, and I would really like to see that 2 years in a row.. 

Yeah, against the leagues worst Ds. Derek Anderson is a PB QB. Derek freaking Anderson. 

3 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Yeah, against the leagues worst Ds. Derek Anderson is a PB QB. Derek freaking Anderson. 

Pick and choose......... pick and choose........

WAS IT NOT effing enjoyable to watch a capable Jets offense for once?

23 minutes ago, jetsjets said:

I just don't see it. Call me crazy but just don't see where Fitz is that much better than Geno

Omg did you watch the last three years?   Read the article.    My god people ether don't watch football or don't read or both 

WORST QB IN THE NFL 2 years in a row 

6 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Omg did you watch the last three years?   Read the article.    My god people ether don't watch football or don't read or both 

Omg did you see the last season?

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

With a mismatched OC, brain dead head coach and literally the worst offensive playmakers in the NFL. It is much more accurate to state that the Jets offensive SITUATION was the worst in the NFL for 2 seasons, not a developing QB. It is not like Fitz would have played worth a damn in that situation either. Fitz would have been just as bad. If the Jets are stupid enough to sign and start Fitz again they will see the complete fraud the "Harvard" guy is, and not only will we have wasted a season, but mortgaged the future as well. There is NO way to sign Fitz and not have a weaker team next year and the year after, especially if they give him that ludicrous amount of money.

11 hours ago, AFJF said:

Going through and re-hashing Geno's first few years in the league can be pretty painful.

Here's to hoping he lights it up in the pre-season to pressure Fitz to sign, then another year on the bench to learn.

At least he's good for something.  After this year Geno will be HIS TOR Y.

8 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Oh and let's give a guy 12 million when he has been injured 4 of the last 7 seasons, people want to cut Dee Millner, but give Fitz 12 million SMH.

When Fitzy signs the contract which will pay him 12 Mill for first year of a 3 year deal, will be not be SMH but rather SYB

9 hours ago, johnnysd said:

With a mismatched OC, brain dead head coach and literally the worst offensive playmakers in the NFL. It is much more accurate to state that the Jets offensive SITUATION was the worst in the NFL for 2 seasons, not a developing QB. It is not like Fitz would have played worth a damn in that situation either. Fitz would have been just as bad. If the Jets are stupid enough to sign and start Fitz again they will see the complete fraud the "Harvard" guy is, and not only will we have wasted a season, but mortgaged the future as well. There is NO way to sign Fitz and not have a weaker team next year and the year after, especially if they give him that ludicrous amount of money.

Bad sacks and fumbles have nothing to do with coaching or personnel. 

2 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Don't try using logic with these people, they don't want logical discussion. 

It's the OCs fault than Geno never scanned the field or threw to the open receiver.  How's he supposed to know he should throw it to the guy who's wide open if nobody told him to?

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

It's the OCs fault than Geno never scanned the field or threw to the open receiver.  How's he supposed to know he should throw it to the guy who's wide open if nobody told him to?

Honestly, I thought Geno was put in a bad situation, I thought he should have sat his entire first year, or at least most of it. That said, your right, there are certain things that you expect young QB's to do badly, and he did those badly and they were fine because you expect it. But there were so many things he would do that made you think he is just not an instinctual football player, which is crucial at the QB position. He could wow you with a throw or two, and then wow you with his lack of football sense. Combine that with an apparent complete lack of any leadership ability, and you have to question if he can ever be a starter in the NFL, let alone a quality starter. I honestly don't think Geno loves football, I think he is smart enough to know he has enough talent to play at a high level (even a backup in the NFL is among the best in the world), but he never struck me as a guy who loves the game, but I will admit that is pure speculation on my part.

13 hours ago, AFJF said:

Mike Maccagan is not rational. He caved in to a sh*tty journeyman. Offering him 3 years 12 per full guaranteed. That's a clown show offer, he is a clown GM and the Jets organization could be made into a traveling circus 

1 minute ago, Colgateman said:

Mike Maccagan is not rational. He caved in to a sh*tty journeyman. Offering him 3 years 12 per full guaranteed. That's a clown show offer, he is a clown GM and the Jets organization could be made into a traveling circus 

Traveling circus as in a lonely Pats poster who goes from board to board pretending to be something he is not?

1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

Traveling circus as in a lonely Pats poster who goes from board to board pretending to be something he is not?

How does it feel like watching Tom Brady dominate the Jets for 16 years? How's it feel that no matter how hard the Jets try, they can't defeat Tom Brady? That must be so hard

1 minute ago, Colgateman said:

How does it feel like watching Tom Brady dominate the Jets for 16 years? How's it feel that no matter how hard the Jets try, they can't defeat Tom Brady? That must be so hard

Lol, football is entertainment, I get my self worth from my family, my friends, my accomplishments in life. I'd love to see the Jets win, but my life is very fulfilling regardless of what the Patriots or Jets do. 

I highly doubt you can say the same with a straight face, since your pathetic ass is trolling a Jets board by pretending to be a Jets fan, kind of sad, you and your alter ego PatrTrollTx should bro hug, and it's ok to feel each other's asses of it makes you feel better. We won't judge.

7 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

We have beaten Tom Brady. We've cost him at least 2 championships one directly and one indirectly.

The greatest QB and coach of this era can  only get 4 championships in 15 years?

Archived