What would you do with Geno after Fitz signs?

AFJF

We already know Fitz is the starter, what would YOU do with Geno after he signs?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. You decide Geno's fate after Fitz signs (sorry for no vague oddball answers that can be interpreted several different ways)

• Cut him
    • Keep him through final year of his contract
    • Offer him a 1-yr extension
    • Offer him a 2-yr extension
    • Offer him a 3 or more year extension

Just now, AFJF said:

You're Mac and you get to decide Geno's fate.

He can be a backup until Petty or Hackenberg is ready. Then it is bye bye G-No. His maturity level is that of a spoiled six year old, and his 'feel' for the game is non existent.

1 minute ago, Ex-Rex said:

He can be a backup until Petty or Hackenberg is ready. Then it is bye bye G-No. His maturity level is that of a spoiled six year old, and his 'feel' for the game is non existent.

He outplayed a Harvard QB. He can act like a kid for all I care. 

Just now, JiF said:

Holy **** man.  There is another one?

dude, take a deep breath, a walk, get out, smoke some drugs...something 

These are two different questions in regards to the current starting quarterback but I think I see what's happening here. Those who bought the whole "we're excited to see what Geno can do" line, are now seeing the writing on the wall, feel a little bit embarrassed and want to move on after weeks (months even) of "Get ready for Geno to be the Jets starter next year" talk.

Look, we're all wrong from time to time.  You and I were wrong about Rex...it happens.  But you shouldn't tell somebody else that they shouldn't talk about something you were wrong about.

2 minutes ago, ylekram said:

lol. I am afraid to ask but I gotta. when?

During 7-on-7's in shorts, remember.  It was that time Fitz was still recovering from a broken leg.

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

During 7-on-7's in shorts, remember.  It was that time Fitz was still recovering from a broken leg.

Lol at broken leg recovery and if you can't beat someone in 7 on 7, you can't beat em in 11 on 11

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

You're Mac and you get to decide Geno's fate.

Jmo the Jets are going to go with four Qb's in training camp.     Petty will be cut, and be placed on the a Jets practice squad when he clears waivers.  ( no one picking him up as it's too late).

Geno smith stays and is Fitzpatrick backup.   Hackenberg is developmental Qb.

Fitzpatrick with his reckless running style , there is a chance he goes down to injury at some point. You want an experience Qb coming in.

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

But you can beat them when the red jersey's come off, they panic and run the other way

Closest thing that resembles it is training camp outside of NFL games. As long as there was competition between the two, there was no competition. 

Fitznutz point at how Geno took that hit at the sidelines n the sack against Oakland. But fail to realize Fitz took a dumb hit too in the same game n ended up with a broken thumb (or an amputated arm, as the Fitznutz would make you believe it). He also threw the ball in the middle of the field with 15 seconds on the clock without a TO against the Pats that ended the game. 

In this Jets offense, I would love to get Fitz back so Geno can whoop his behind all summer long and hopefully the stubborn HC can start the better QB. 

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Dude you need to step away. I am not sure what Geno did to you, but step away lol.

I'd chop off his arms and legs and then leave him to die on the edge of an erupting volcano. After that I'd take his pregnant wife far away from him, so that his children could never be corrupted by his internal, uncontrollable evil. It is likely that she would give birth to twins, thus we would have to split the children up for their own safety. My guess is during all of this, Geno would survive and then be reconstructed using advanced robotics and breathing apparatuses so he could continue to use his powers for the forces of evil throughout the entire league. 

4 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Jmo the Jets are going to go with four Qb's in training camp.     Petty will be cut, and be placed on the a Jets practice squad when he clears waivers.  ( no one picking him up as it's too late).

Geno smith stays and is Fitzpatrick backup.   Hackenberg is developmental Qb.

Fitzpatrick with his reckless running style , there is a chance he goes down to injury at some point. You want an experience Qb coming in.

If you cut Petty, he's picked up immediately and stashed on a practice squad of someone else. You can't risk losing him to save Geno. Cut Geno and give him a fair shake at finding a job in football. Pats might be need a ball inflater.  

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If you cut Petty, he's picked up immediately and stashed on a practice squad of someone else. You can't risk losing him to save Geno. Cut Geno and give him a fair shake at finding a job in football. Pats might be need a ball inflater.  

I hope this happens and he replaces Brady and continues the Patriots domination of the AFC East what would you do then.

3 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Gotta add a "start him" option.

I would see if some team is stupid enough to trade for him.  Anything we could get would be a bonus. I mean its not impossible. I mean we were imbeciles for drafting him in the 2nd round. Someone out there has got to be equally deranged and give us a 6th or 7th rounder for him.    

7 hours ago, j4jets said:

He outplayed a Harvard QB. He can act like a kid for all I care. 

I keep reading this from many Geno supporters but did he really. Our did the compatition never play itself out in camp due to a broken jaw. When Geno was able to come back he had lost the job to Fitz. Bottom line is both have flaws and it's all about who has the better production on the field. Geno supporters may be viewing him with only a good left eye and those in favor of Fitz a good right eye.

6 minutes ago, Powpow said:

I would see if some team is stupid enough to trade for him.  Anything we could get would be a bonus. I mean its not impossible. I mean we were imbeciles for drafting him in the 2nd round. Someone out there has got to be equally deranged and give us a 6th or 7th rounder for him.    

Judging from other GMs' interest in Fitz...  there are many (or any) deranged GMs out there.

1 minute ago, Bocajetfan said:

I keep reading this from many Geno supporters but did he really. Our did the compatition never play itself out in camp due to a broken jaw. When Geno was able to come back he had lost the job to Fitz. Bottom line is both have flaws and it's all about who has the better production on the field. Geno supporters may be viewing him with only a good left eye and those in favor of Fitz a good right eye.

I base my opinion on Geno's last 7 games plus some improvement. And yes, he outplayed Fitz in OTAs and the entire training camp. He only lost yeah job due to injury. Jets didn't want to switch back to him cuz we started beating up on some bad teams. 

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

I base my opinion on Geno's last 7 games plus some improvement. And yes, he outplayed Fitz in OTAs and the entire training camp. He only lost yeah job due to injury. Jets didn't want to switch back to him cuz we started beating up on some bad teams. 

Again did the competition get played out to a final conclusion or did the injury cut the compatition short. To my recollection Geno was never named the opening day starter. He may have bin #1 on the depth chart with pre season games left to play and a final decision to be made.

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'd chop off his arms and legs and then leave him to die on the edge of an erupting volcano. After that I'd take his pregnant wife far away from him, so that his children could never be corrupted by his internal, uncontrollable evil. It is likely that she would give birth to twins, thus we would have to split the children up for their own safety. My guess is during all of this, Geno would survive and then be reconstructed using advanced robotics and breathing apparatuses so he could continue to use his powers for the forces of evil throughout the entire league. 

Pic of pregnant wife please ... Preferably breastfeeding

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Dude you need to step away. I am not sure what Geno did to you, but step away lol.

You take two giant steps back.  AFJF is absolutely correct.  7 on 7 drills does not make a viable spring competition.  What has Geno ever done for this organization other than continuously embarrass them.  Do we need to rehash this stuff?  The list is extensive and ugly which illustrates this turd has to go.      

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

1 hour ago, Bocajetfan said:

Again did the competition get played out to a final conclusion or did the injury cut the compatition short. To my recollection Geno was never named the opening day starter. He may have bin #1 on the depth chart with pre season games left to play and a final decision to be made.

he was clearly the #1. Obviously it didn't reach wk1 but it was literally days away from the first pre season game n Geno was set to start. And Geno was anointed the starter long time ago only for the coaches to backtrack n hold a half hearted QB competition. 

Archived