Start Geno

drdetroit

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Mark at 4.5mil per is sounding great about now.  Mark and Geno battling it out would've been fun.

Now this just proves how nuts you people are.   

You and all the nuts that want the WORST QB in the NFL to start are just going to have to live with the Fact that the NYJ do not agree with you.   They are going to sign Fitz and he is going to be the starter.

Now go live with that.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Now this just proves how nuts you people are.   

You and all the nuts that want the WORST QB in the NFL to start are just going to have to live with the Fact that the NYJ do not agree with you.   They are going to sign Fitz and he is going to be the starter.

Now go live with that.

lol ok.  At least Sanchez has some playoff wins on his resume.  Don't see them on Fitzpatrick's.  Wait...I don't even see a playoff game appearance on Fitzpatrick's resume.  

I'm confident that if the Jets start Geno:

1. Every Jets win will also be assigned as a still-woulda-won if we signed Fitzpatrick instead.

2. Half or most (or all) Jets losses will also be assigned as woulda-won-instead if we signed Fitzpatrick instead. Not just every loss, but every turnover, every punt, every FG instead of a TD -- they all would have been TD drives if only we'd re-signed the great Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Since a season that would be more intolerable than unnecessarily blowing $10M more on a stopgap than I like, I'm therefore ok with re-signing Fitz lol. 

27 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

The loss to Buffalo was on the whole team.  Fitzpatrick was qb on 10 of 15 games that he was a factor in.  10 wins is usually enough to get into the playoffs.

And the pressure was on before the last game of the season, so it's a false metric to put it all on one game.

As for the money, I admit I don't lose sleep over that kind of thing as long as it does not hurt the team with the cap.  I don't see $10 mil for your starting Qb as in that category.

the first game where it was win and in or lose and go home was week 17.  even had we lost any of those 5 games prior we still would have had a chance.  the first game he had playoff type pressure he was awful and by the way he wasn't really good in the 5 game win streak either outside of some moments here and there so let's not act like he was lighting it up prior to week 17.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

1. Every Jets win will also be assigned as a still-woulda-won if we signed Fitzpatrick instead.

2. Half or most (or all) Jets losses will also be assigned as woulda-won-instead if we signed Fitzpatrick instead. Not just every loss, but every turnover, every punt, every FG instead of a TD -- they all would have been TD drives if only we'd re-signed the great Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Since a season that would be more intolerable than unnecessarily blowing $10M more on a stopgap than I like, I'm therefore ok with re-signing Fitz lol. 

Spot on.  The Fitzpatrick threads will never end (like they won't end now)

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

the first game where it was win and in or lose and go home was week 17.  even had we lost any of those 5 games prior we still would have had a chance.  the first game he had playoff type pressure he was awful and by the way he wasn't really good in the 5 game win streak either outside of some moments here and there so let's not act like he was lighting it up prior to week 17.

I'm going to disagree slightly.  The 5 games leading up to finale were actually very good for Fitz.  All had a passer ratingover 100 with exception of the Cowboys game.  Like you said however, when the game mattered the most he posted a 42.7 rating.  

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Isn't it like that with any Jets QB the past 10 years ?

4 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Spot on.  The Fitzpatrick threads will never end (like they won't end now)

And since I expect many such failed drives, and mostly losses, with Geno or with Fitz, let it happen with Fitzpatrick. 

But then each week there will be some other reason the Jets lost. The Jets will again be the only team in football with a WR drop, or who surrender a TD on defense or special teams, or to fail to gain 100 rushing yards, or have a poor play called... 

The fable of the 2016 Jets will again feature Ryan Fitzpatrick as the Christ figure hahaha.

2 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Isn't it like that with any Jets QB the past 10 years ?

We'd have won it all in that 1998 season if only we brought in Fitz!! 

Then again, no. Parcells would have kicked Fitz in the ankle and he'd have gone on IR. But then, after Foley blew it, we'd have won the SB if Parcells didn't sucker-kick Fitz...

7 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I'm going to disagree slightly.  The 5 games leading up to finale were actually very good for Fitz.  All had a passer ratingover 100 with exception of the Cowboys game.  Like you said however, when the game mattered the most he posted a 42.7 rating.  

we are allowed to disagree.  He wasn't bad but there is this notion that he was playing lights out.

Miami was a joke but he played well that day

we beat bad Giant team where he was bad most of the game.

Tennessee was awful and he played fine

Dallas was awful and Fitz was awful

NE wasn't NE in that game and we still couldn't put them away.

3 hours ago, BallinPB said:

Rex pretty much exposed Fitz and showed the entire league how to beat him.  Play bump and run with the CB's on the outside and make him throw it deep which he can't. 

I have news for you guys, defensive coordinators are smart and as I type this they are watching our last game of the past season and copying down exactly what to do.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

we are allowed to disagree.  He wasn't bad but there is this notion that he was playing lights out.

Miami was a joke but he played well that day

we beat bad Giant team where he was bad most of the game.

Tennessee was awful and he played fine

Dallas was awful and Fitz was awful

NE wasn't NE in that game and we still couldn't put them away.

I will always have a special place in my heart for Fitz because he beat the Giants in a regular season game which means the entire world to me.  However, his contract demands are beyond asinine.  We are not giving him $38 million or whatever because a worse player who had a worse year got that money.  Sorry.

I'd love to have Fitz back at a 2 year $18 million deal but him and his agent are being way too stubborn.

32 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Rex pretty much exposed Fitz and showed the entire league how to beat him.  Play bump and run with the CB's on the outside and make him throw it deep which he can't. 

I have news for you guys, defensive coordinators are smart and as I type this they are watching our last game of the past season and copying down exactly what to do.

And the books not out on Geno? Put pressure in his face and watch him make terrible decisions. 

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

If Geno's the starter (which it looks like), this will be the theme song. 

What is worse than Geno?  What is worse than Fitzpatrick?  Why, Drake, of course.

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

And the books not out on Geno? Put pressure in his face and watch him make terrible decisions. 

I don't think that Geno supporters want to be part of the, "what if he plays the way he played against Buffalo?" game.

7 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

And since I expect many such failed drives, and mostly losses, with Geno or with Fitz, let it happen with Fitzpatrick. 

But then each week there will be some other reason the Jets lost. The Jets will again be the only team in football with a WR drop, or who surrender a TD on defense or special teams, or to fail to gain 100 rushing yards, or have a poor play called... 

The fable of the 2016 Jets will again feature Ryan Fitzpatrick as the Christ figure hahaha.

Football, more than any other sport, is a team game. Ask Dan Marino who is probably the best QB ever to play the game and only went to one SB.  No one player can take all the credit or blame.  Not even Ryan Christpatrick. 

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

2015 Raiders vs. Jets.  Jets down 34-20 with 4:30 to play. 4th down and three. LB comes up the middle, Geno panics with LB not even in his face and throws an off balance duck at cb's feet.  He still had time to make a play, he could have turned the corner and tried to run for a first.  GAME OVER.  

5 hours ago, Powpow said:

2015 Raiders vs. Jets.  Jets down 34-20 with 4:30 to play. 4th down and three. LB comes up the middle, Geno panics with LB not even in his face and throws an off balance duck at cb's feet.  He still had time to make a play, he could have turned the corner and tried to run for a first.  GAME OVER.  

Never happened. 

15 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Do you think you will see those same posts if Geno starts?

11 hours ago, drdetroit said:

I will always have a special place in my heart for Fitz because he beat the Giants in a regular season game which means the entire world to me.  However, his contract demands are beyond asinine.  We are not giving him $38 million or whatever because a worse player who had a worse year got that money.  Sorry.

I'd love to have Fitz back at a 2 year $18 million deal but him and his agent are being way too stubborn.

I'm actually with you on this. I've always liked Fitz, and love what he did for us last year. But in the end he's still a limited QB, and we cannot and should not pay him what he wants. The deal they've offered is pretty generous IMO. He isn't worth more.

Now, I'm no big fan of Geno, but I still don't accept that he is the main reason, or even all that big a reason, that we lost in Oakland.

Yes, he struggled in the 4th quarter and made some bad decisions. He was trying to overcome a 34-13 scoreline - how many QBs in the game today can you honestly say you'd expect to pull that off? Meanwhile Oakland had scored at will on our D. Other than taking a knee at the end of the half, the Oakland drives went as follows in Q1 to Q3 :

TD, TD, TD, FG Miss, TD, FG, FG

Their first punt came with 8:37 to play, protecting a 14 point lead, and they punted twice more afterwards.

We forced no turnovers, and didn't sack Carr once.

Furthermore, our ground game outside of Geno chipped in a whopping 40 YARDS all day (12 of those from Fitz on the play he got injured).

But tell me again how Geno lost us the game. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

What is worse than Geno?  What is worse than Fitzpatrick?  Why, Drake, of course.

I don't think that Geno supporters want to be part of the, "what if he plays the way he played against Buffalo?" game.

You can't blame Drake entirely. It wasn't his intention to be Canadian. ?

13 hours ago, drdetroit said:

This is why we picked up Forte. Amaro should help as well. 

16 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Of this, there is no doubt. It'll be worse than the I told you so chorus in Rex's last year. Place will be unreadable. 

Still, I save the money and roll with Geno. I just don't see Fitz getting this team to the playoffs and, even if he does, he doesn't have the arm talent to throw the ball in Giants Stadium II in the winter, or New England, or Denver, or Pittsburgh, or anywhere else they might travel for an AFC playoff game. There's no future with Fitzpatrick, the team's offer to him makes it pretty clear they want him as a full-time mentor beginning in 2017. 

Not that there's much future with Geno, either, lol. But if he has a redemption type season, he'll potentially net the team a comp pick in 2018. That's something. I honestly don't think there'd be much difference in the win-loss column with Geno vs. Fitz. With Fitz, you'd have more of a ball control, hopefully fewer mistakes offense. With Geno, he'd at least be throwing the ball downfield. Guys like Devin Smith and Peake might actually have a chance to develop a little bit before the starter of the future takes over next year. God knows those guys are tits on a bull with Fitz under center. I'd expect a continuation of the bad sacks, bad interceptions, etc., with Geno, but I'd also have hope under two minutes, down by less than a TD, on their own 20, that Geno might be able to get them in the endzone. That ain't never happening with Fitznoodle. 

I think I'd drink a lot and yell at my TV more -both happy and angry- with Geno under center, and at this point I'm pretty sure that's the only reason I watch the Jets, anyway. 

9 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Was that the game where Rex told Geno to keep forcing it deep to Percy Harvin? 

18 hours ago, BallinPB said:

That loss was not on the whole team.  Sorry to say this but I specifically remember being in the red zone and Fitz throwing an INT in the end zone late in the game blowing a chance for us to win.  

10 wins usually does get you in the playoffs but it doesn't work that way.  We didn't make the playoffs period end of story.  

Like I said before, Fitzpatrick is a mediocre QB.  Someone you bring in as a backup at this point who can take the reigns if your starter get injured.  He's not someone you should go chasing down for a starting position which is why no team in the NFL is doing that.  

Don't you find it interesting that no other team is even interested in Fitzpatrick?  

I watched the Buffalo game, and aside from the general fact that it is a team sport, the Jets as a team did not deserve to win that game. AND you completely ignored my point that the pressure was on for several games before that, down the stretch.  You and all the others whining about Fitzpatrick cherry pick when you focus on the Buffalo game.  The Jets had no running game, Revis had his worst game of the season, one of the worst of his career.  The Jets made no defensive adjustments, well none that helped.  But yeah let's blame it all on one player.

The point about the number of wins is that the Jets in fact did play playoff worthy football.  To merely say "they did not make the playoffs" is again a form of cherry picking since it is, purposely, without nuance and context.  a team that went from 4 wins won 10 and you guys are complaining.  Wow.  Learn the game.  That is not an easy accomplishment from year to year in this game.  WIth a rookie HC, a new CS, the list goes on and on. But your takeway is that Fitzpatrick was the problem. 

When the Jets sign him, hopefully you and all the other complainers will sack up and put this off season nonsense behind you.  Or maybe you can get your way and have the Jets start the awful, woeful Smith and go back to losing. 

I'm not going to continue wasting my time talking to people who have some weird agenda on this.  To some extent I get that people are annoyed that the contract situation remains unresolved.  But your pov is bs.  Sorry.

17 hours ago, BallinPB said:

I will give you credit for this post, except that the season was on the line for all those games.  You still end up cherry picking. Have a nice day.

Just now, Big Blocker said:

I will give you credit for this post, except that the season was on the line for all those games.  You still end up cherry picking. Have a nice day.

Not cherry picking.  It's a win and you're in game.  That was the only game where it was win and you're in.  That's not called cherry picking.  Have a nice day.

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Was that the game where Rex told Geno to keep forcing it deep to Percy Harvin? 

No. He threw 8 passes total. 3 of them to the Bills. 2 to the Jets and 3 to the turf. 

Buffalo's' players said afterward that they were very upset that they yanked him because he was telegraphing his throws and they were hoping to have career days. 

2 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

I watched the Buffalo game, and aside from the general fact that it is a team sport, the Jets as a team did not deserve to win that game. AND you completely ignored my point that the pressure was on for several games before that, down the stretch.  You and all the others whining about Fitzpatrick cherry pick when you focus on the Buffalo game.  The Jets had no running game, Revis had his worst game of the season, one of the worst of his career.  The Jets made no defensive adjustments, well none that helped.  But yeah let's blame it all on one player.

The point about the number of wins is that the Jets in fact did play playoff worthy football.  To merely say "they did not make the playoffs" is again a form of cherry picking since it is, purposely, without nuance and context.  a team that went from 4 wins won 10 and you guys are complaining.  Wow.  Learn the game.  That is not an easy accomplishment from year to year in this game.  WIth a rookie HC, a new CS, the list goes on and on. But your takeway is that Fitzpatrick was the problem. 

When the Jets sign him, hopefully you and all the other complainers will sack up and put this off season nonsense behind you.  Or maybe you can get your way and have the Jets start the awful, woeful Smith and go back to losing. 

I'm not going to continue wasting my time talking to people who have some weird agenda on this.  To some extent I get that people are annoyed that the contract situation remains unresolved.  But your pov is bs.  Sorry.

Give it up.  The most important game of the season and he had his worst game of the season.  He threw 3 picks and posted a 42.7 rating.  Both his worst of the season.  If you don't believe he is the prime reason we lost that game then get your head checked.  Despite what you say about Revis and the Jets defense, the opposing team only scored 22 points.  You have to as an offense be able to put up more points than that.  

2 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

No. He threw 8 passes total. 3 of them to the Bills. 2 to the Jets and 3 to the turf. 

Buffalo's' players said afterward that they were very upset that they yanked him because he was telegraphing his throws and they were hoping to have career days. 

Yep. Pretty sure that was the game Rex told Geno to force it to Harvin.

Archived