Anyone interested in a JetNation App?

We should have our apps approved soon for both iTunes and Google Play. Sure we have responsive designs on the front page and forums, but if you prefer an app we will soon have one.

Hi Max

Here is my feedback. Not sure what you can change. 

1) Once the app opens there are two options. Trending and Browse. On Trending side, the pictures associated with each thread is picking up the last image posted on the thrad. For example on the thread "Geno was at Decker's Camp Today" you see a picture from Karate Kid. Users might say what the heck? I suggest eliminating pictures as sometimes there might be inappropriate pictures. 

2) The app should open with the HOME screen that lists all the news instead of Trending and Browse. 

3) Subforum option isn't working. 

4) On Settings, if you can add "Offline reading" option that would be awesome. While on a plane, I always wished to be able to download Jets message board and read it during Airplane Mode. Is this difficult to do?

Other than that, it looks promising. Thanks again for your efforts. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
23 hours ago, Larz said:

I have started using it. I like it. How do i unsubscribe from threads i have posted in? My notification thingy is out of control. Almost discourages me from posting.

Let me check, are you using the Android or iPhone version? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, jetfan61 said:

It seems that the messed with a great app. It's basically the tapatalk app now. emoji21.png

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using JetNation.com mobile app

Can you let me know what you mean? I haven't checked it. They charge me by month, so if they made changes to it any thoughts would help me.  Thanks.

Bro, its the same format, layout and functions as tapatalk, i.e. it IS tapatalk. I noticed after the stickies and announcements were on the main (subscribed) space. I also noticed that there are adds.  Im not judging your motives (if it's cost effective for the forum I'm cool with it) but in my opinion,  it was awesome the way it was. 

P.S. The reason I downloaded the app to start with was it was (way) better than tapatalk but now its literally the same app. 

Edit, Max, I just checked and I don't see adds , maybe it was tapatalk that had adds when I was comparing.  

2 hours ago, jetfan61 said:

Bro, its the same format, layout and functions as tapatalk, i.e. it IS tapatalk. I noticed after the stickies and announcements were on the main (subscribed) space. I also noticed that there are adds.  Im not judging your motives (if it's cost effective for the forum I'm cool with it) but in my opinion,  it was awesome the way it was. 

P.S. The reason I downloaded the app to start with was it was (way) better than tapatalk but now its literally the same app. 

Edit, Max, I just checked and I don't see adds , maybe it was tapatalk that had adds when I was comparing.  

I am confused, we don't have ads in the app. We don't make money on the app. Our motive was to put stuff in the app stores because people asked us for that. Can you no longer access us through the tapatalk app? You should be able to.

We didn't remove tapatalk, we weren't aware that it changed, we didn't apply any updates. I will look more into the app today.

We have a responsive mobile forum skin, which is what I prefer myself. Basically what we were trying to do was just let people decide what they want to use. We don't have any motives with the mobile app other than people requested it and tapatalk had a reasonably priced option.

I would be happy to stop paying for it every month, but there are people using every different format. But if something isn't working (or tapatalk was removed) please let me know.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, jetfan61 said:

Yeah I'm not saying I hate it. Maybe I'm getting old and just resist change.

Max it's all good! Thanks

Here are the actual apps. I do have to spend time looking at these to clean up the navigation:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.forumsJetNationcom

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jetnation-com-app/id1119452290?mt=8

Thanks!

8 hours ago, jetfan61 said:

Yeah I'm not saying I hate it. Maybe I'm getting old and just resist change.

Max it's all good! Thanks

Actually I will reach out to them. I am not sure what they did on the 4/21 update but I seem some other people questioning it. Thanks for the heads up.

Archived