Last post from me on Fitzy

Jetster

2 minutes ago, ylekram said:

there are more receivers than the 2 outside guys.get a grip. btw, decker started how many games, had how many catches, and had how many targets? dude you are an excuse machine. when has geno done wrong? don't bother. i think i know your answer

Just one name.  Not asking for two or three.  C'mon... just one.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, ylekram said:

why do all geno supporters purposely leave out any decent receivers he has played with and also just state the few bad ones. it really makes you look biased

Why do Fitzpatrick supporters fail to recognize he's been with 6 teams in 11 years and has never made the playoffs

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Just one name.  Not asking for two or three.  C'mon... just one.

considering you believe there are only 2 receivers on a team and you eliminated one of them. i guess the answer you are looking for is zero. but keep on making excuses for both qb's. that is all you do. geno was bad because of this. fitz only looked good because of that. its like you lost touch with reality

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why do Fitzpatrick supporters fail to recognize he's been with 6 teams in 11 years and has never made the playoffs

joewilly, you have become nothing but a broken record. like it or not, that's the truth

3 minutes ago, ylekram said:

considering you believe there are only 2 receivers on a team and you eliminated one of them. i guess the answer you are looking for is zero. but keep on making excuses for both qb's. that is all you do. geno was bad because of this. fitz only looked good because of that. its like you lost touch with reality

Wtf?  When did I say there are only two WRs?  Even as a 3rd WR.  Seriously just name one.

I'll help (sort of).

Kerley?  Probably the best bet.  Decent WR, but was what, the 5th or 6th WR last year?

Just now, Mike135 said:

Wtf?  When did I say there are only two WRs?  Even as a 3rd WR.  Seriously just name one.

I'll help (sort of).

Kerley?  Probably the best bet.  Decent WR, but was what, the 5th or 6th WR last year?

who gives a sh*t what he did last year. here we go with another excuse

here is what geno had last year for offensive players.. the same freaking team fitz had this year with the exception of marshal & james carpenter

4 minutes ago, ylekram said:

here is what geno had last year for offensive players.. the same freaking team fitz had this year with the exception of marshal & james carpenter

Thanks.  

In summation, not one WR that Geno played with (under Rex and Mornhinweg) during his first two seasons in the NFL, other than a healthy Decker to finish 2014 (when Geno played well) would have had any significant playing time on the 2015 roster Fitz played with under Bowles and Gailey in his 11th season.

I'm not saying that that means anything of course.  B)

4 minutes ago, ylekram said:

yeah the same team, except for the OL and the all-pro WR :lol:

What do you mean by that. Like he's obligated to sign with the Jets. 

No he's not obligated at all. He can retire or go take less money elsewhere. Jets have no reason to pay him more than their offer. In fact their offer is probably too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Thanks.  

In summation, not one WR that Geno played with (under Rex and Mornhinweg) during his first two seasons in the NFL, other than a healthy Decker to finish 2014 (when Geno played well) would have had any significant playing time on the 2015 roster Fitz played with under Bowles and Gailey in his 11th season.

I'm not saying that that means anything of course.  B)

same exact wide receivers,running backs. plus marshal. are you happy. I guess minus marshal= worst squad ever assembled. with marshal=best squad ever assembled. very surprising that marshal was acquired for a 5th round pick.

36 minutes ago, ylekram said:

same exact wide receivers,running backs. plus marshal. are you happy. I guess minus marshal= worst squad ever assembled. with marshal=best squad ever assembled. very surprising that marshal was acquired for a 5th round pick.

If you don't believe the addition of Marshall wasn't a huge reason for us having our best offense in a decade than you are completely delusional and incapable of removing his bias for one guy over the other.

Marshall aside, we also added a Guard that ended up grading out extremely well compared to the guy he replaced from 2014.  Ivory was healthier, we had a competent OC, our defense was retooled and took a lot pressure off the offense.  So again, if you think the team's were even remotely similar then I don't know what to say.  I've reiterated this a hundred times, I'm not a Geno fanatic, I would prefer Fitz at the right price, but at the same time, I would be willing to bet that the difference between the two is a lot narrower than most believe it is. It sure as sh*t isn't wide enough to give Fitz the 16 million he supposedly wants.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Although you can use the past to provide guidance on the future, there are no certainties. I hate this argument, first of all playoffs are a complicated (not truly boolean) situation which depends on the whole team, teams in their division, and teams in the conference. Yes, the Jets didn't make the playoffs, but they won 10 games. Last year 10 might have gotten us in, yet some teams made it with less. He has played many as the QB in the same division as Brady. And didn't start others...

Secondly, wasn't this the same damn argument against Fitz last year? In 10 years he had never won more than X games; of course we don't hear that one anymore, do we? The same people who made that argument might say SOS was on his side. People quote stats like they are indestructible, but when they fall, they decide to rationalize out the outcome.

Either way, this he has never gotten into the playoffs isn't valid. Marshall hasn't ever been to the playoffs, but aren't you glad he is on our team. In fact, many are claiming that Marshall was the reason Fitz did well, and since Geno didn't have him, he had no shot. But, wait, Marshall sucks as he has never been in the playoffs. Crap, in 10 years on 4 teams Marchall has never been to the playoffs. Let's cut his sorry a... and save the cap.

19 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If you don't believe the addition of Marshall wasn't a huge reason for us having our best offense in a decade than you are completely delusional and incapable of removing his bias for one guy over the other.

Marshall aside, we also added a Guard that ended up grading out extremely well compared to the guy he replaced from 2014.  Ivory was healthier, we had a competent OC, our defense was retooled and took a lot pressure off the offense.  So again, if you think the team's were even remotely similar then I don't know what to say.  I've reiterated this a hundred times, I'm not a Geno fanatic, I would prefer Fitz at the right price, but at the same time, I would be willing to bet that the difference between the two is a lot narrower than most believe it is. It sure as sh*t isn't wide enough to give Fitz the 16 million he supposedly wants.

dude, you seem to jump into the last post without reading anything else. go read the rest of the conversation. then you can respond. unless you are llike the others who like to pick and choose.

i realize the team is much better than it was in 2014. i realize the defense was better. the argument wasn't about the defense. i realize marshal was a difference maker. i realize carpenter was an upgrade. the argument was about certain posters who explain away every bad performance with an excuse about a certain qb and explain away every competent performance with excuses for another qb. i don't think Fitzpatrick is joe montana and i dont think he won 10 games by himself. just really sick of the lame excuses

36 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So is this Fitzpatrick  has been with 6 teams in 11 years and has never made the playoffs

broken record. you should leave your replies blank. we will understand exactly what you are saying. rest your fingers, joewilly

29 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I don't know; Marshall clearly sucks. He has been with 4 teams in 10 years and hasn't made it into the playoffs. Guy is a journeyman crappy WR :-)

*** please not the sarcasm ***

10 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

I really really hate to think along these lines but it's beginning to feel like the circus is back in town.  Tebow, the Sanchez extension, Idzik's failure to spend, Rex the baffoon, it's not there yet but it feels close.  Mac, resolve this now!!!

huh?? if anything its like the complete opposite

Archived