Decker & Marshall are back

Maxman

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

In a related story both Brandon and Eric have been reported making pouty faces. 

in an unrelated observation, how the Fitz do you have 182k reputation?

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

They must have realized their little protest made them look stupid...especially when the offer became public.

I will root for these two to succeed, as they're Jets,  but I've lost a lot of respect for both of them.

The OTA's were voluntary. 

53 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

They must have realized their little protest made them look stupid...especially when the offer became public.

I will root for these two to succeed, as they're Jets,  but I've lost a lot of respect for both of them.

I was hoping they would show up in " pay Fitz" shirts.  

31 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Maybe there never was a protest...

Ummm this..... since Brandon Marshall immediately indicated that he never protested anything!!

It is amazing that a fabricated story, as far as Marshall is concerned, continues to be picked up and rolled out here as if it has any truth behind it.... 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Especially since they weren't protesting 

So they had an extended memorial day weekend.

When are the two of them shaving a couple million of their respective salaries so we can give Fitz the 16 million he wants? Brandon Marshall taking a stand is also irrelevant, he's got the attention span of a goldfish. Last season at this time he was living with Geno Smith talking about his leadership, in a year from now he might be sleeping in bunk beds with Hackenburg, doing karate in the garage or taking hot air balloon rides with Petty.

Decker and Marshall

OTA’s are voluntary, I repeat OTA’s are voluntary. Some in the media have been beating the conspiracy theory drum. Saying that Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall missed OTA workouts as a way of protesting Ryan Fitzpatrick’s contract situation.

Guess what? Both Decker and Marshall missed 3 voluntary workouts last week. They were both at the facility on Tuesday for the workout which was closed to the media. Brian Costello gave this update in the NY Post.

The two receivers were both absent from last week’s three practices, which are voluntary. A source told The Post Decker’s absence was related to the ongoing contract standoff between the team and free-agent quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick. Decker’s wife posted photos of their family on vacation on Instagram.

Both Decker and Marshall have been vocal this spring in their support for Fitzpatrick and desire for him to return.

The Jets have three voluntary practices this week, four next week and then their mandatory minicamp on June 14-16.

Fans are discussing NY Jets OTA’s in our forums.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
MDokBA8QgNE

Click here to read the full story...

I haven't lost any respect for these guys. What they did is called LOYALTY. It's having another mans back. I'm glad they did their protest. I'm also glad they cut it short because the team needs them. They'll be going through the motions with Geno, but they won't care about him. They want Fitz back and that is clear.

2 hours ago, Mainejet said:

I haven't lost any respect for these guys. What they did is called LOYALTY. It's having another mans back. I'm glad they did their protest. I'm also glad they cut it short because the team needs them. They'll be going through the motions with Geno, but they won't care about him. They want Fitz back and that is clear.

What they did was in your mind, not reality

4 hours ago, Mainejet said:

So both of the will be restructuring to accomodate Fitz's demands. 

1 hour ago, Mainejet said:

And why is that? Because you know everything?

Well let's see.  Like that Mangold was protesting also?  Who missed camp not because of Fitz, as was originally reported, but because of the birth of his child the day before?  

Because Marshall, of anyone checked, was on vacation with his family?  Pictures posted on the Internet?

Leaves only Decker.  Three down to possibly 1.  Not really an effective protest when you don't tell anyone it's a protest though.  Not really loyalty, having another mans and whatever other nonsense you romanticize while you're guessing. 

Nevermind why would anyone protest that that we know he received a 12mil+ offer?  He wasn't being ignored.  No reason to protest now.  

11 hours ago, pointman said:

Fitz has everyone fooled. Its amazing. 

He doesnt have MAC fooled.  Only the JETS fans with such LOW self esteem they would mortgage the future for an 6-9 win season on the shoulders of a journeyman Ivy league QB shown the door by 5 teams.

Fitz is a below average QB who had ONE breakout year with tremendous weapons never afforded to Geno or even Mark in 2011. Fitz also shlt the bed when needed.

Geno and Mark 2011 and 2012 had Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerley, Santonio (I dont give a fukk) Holmes.

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

No, they just made their point.  And I am sure they are losing sleep about how you feel about them.

25 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

No, they just made their point.  And I am sure they are losing sleep about how you feel about them.

That's such a douchey thing to write.  I don't give a F how they feel..but we're on a Jet message board and discuss the Jets and our thoughts and feelings about them.

Are you gonna go around and write something nasty to everyone that expresses an opinion on a player?

Archived