OTA Updates 06/01

Maxman

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Madden King Petty with another terrible practice . One thing is for Sure Geno with make this roster regardless if Fitz is back or not . 

no doubt, the more important issues are if fitz comes back can geno take the starting job from him if he continues to play well??? Also, if fitz does not come back who is the #2? Petty has looked bad in OTAs and hack is likely not ready. Maybe get  mccown and cut petty?? wish hoyer was still an option as vet back-up.

1 minute ago, Barkus said:

no doubt, the more important issues are if fitz comes back can geno take the starting job from him if he continues to play well??? Also, if fitz does not come back who is the #2? Petty has looked bad in OTAs and hack is likely not ready. Maybe get  mccown and cut petty?? wish hoyer was still an option as vet back-up.

if fitz comes back, i think the main question is, who is 3rd string?  fitz will get hurt at some point, and it's not a given that petty will be ahead of hack by the end of camp.

13 minutes ago, Barkus said:

might have too petty sounds like he is atleast a year away .. We really need Fitz back .. Without him our depth at QB is really scary . Atleast with him and Geno were somewhat safe.

2 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Some people are saying Petty should be the one worrying about being cut, not Geno.

apparently he has been stinking the joint up all OTAs

If the Jets do end up signing any other QBs, I would not be at all surprised if Petty ends up with one of those mysterious "injuries" that lands him on IR for the year.  With Smith on the last year of his deal and Petty only a year in, I'm sure they'd like to find a way to keep him around until at least next year's camp, unless they become completely convinced he's a lost cause.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Beat reporters embarrassing themselves trying to post facto confirm their dubious Eric Decker/Brandon Marshall skipping OTAs in support of Fitz story.

I hate that you are right a lot. But in this case I agree, the reporters are scrambling a bit.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Beat reporters embarrassing themselves trying to post facto confirm their dubious Eric Decker/Brandon Marshall skipping OTAs in support of Fitz story.

Ridiculous.  I know I saw a report that clearly said Decker was skipping OTAs for Fitz and another report confirming it.  It's a joke.  These reporters are jokes.  It's also why I don't care when the media says the Jets must sign Fitz.  They're just keeping storylines going to get clicks and boost ratings.

I didn't hear any "definite" stories about Marshall holding out for Fitz, so I didn't say anything bad about him, but my apologies to Deck.  You're still cool in my book.  (Even if you did skip somewhat for Fitz, since you're now backing away from it.)

If those two were just missing the first few pre-Memorial Day wknd OTAs for family vacations, that's cool.  They've earned it and I'm sure the young guys benefited from the extra practice snaps.

Anyone know offhand the reporters who said and confirmed Decker was skipping because of Fitz?

I have a feeling that if Fitz signs, the Jets will cut Petty and try to stash him on the PS. No matter what they say now, I just don't see us carrying 4 QB's into the season and I don't think there is a big chance we would lose Petty if we cut him late into PS. 

3 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I have a feeling that if Fitz signs, the Jets will cut Petty and try to stash him on the PS. No matter what they say now, I just don't see us carrying 4 QB's into the season and I don't think there is a big chance we would lose Petty if we cut him late into PS. 

I really did think they were gonna carry 4 but honestly after these past 2 weeks, Petty doesn't seem all that improved to a point that I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to move him to the PS.  If he continues to not show enough improvement I can definitely see them taking the chance to move him to PS.

2 hours ago, Barkus said:

I have been a huge Petty supporter but he does not look good from these reports.

Geno is getting better and that is all we can ask and if Hack can improve by next year then IMO lets get him in there...

Archived